• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do I get population?

DeletedUser4821

Hello,

I really did research this but couldn't find an answer that applied to me. I'm still fairly new, maybe 3 weeks into playing every second I get. :) But I don't have the land I need to add more Residences to 'get population'. I'm trying to upgrade my existing buildings and Manufactories but I keep getting stopped by "Get Population". I 'just' unlocked the Gem Factory but have no where to put it. So I'm also stuck completing provinces because I don't have gems or scrolls or whatever else they're asking for outside of the basics. I suppose I should mention my lack of patience. :) I thought maybe selling the residences would help in some ways but then that's counter productive. I really don't want to sell off any Manufactories unless I absolutely have to.

Any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Thank you. :)

Hello,

I really did research this but couldn't find an answer that applied to me. I'm still fairly new, maybe 3 weeks into playing every second I get. :) But I don't have the land I need to add more Residences to 'get population'. I'm trying to upgrade my existing buildings and Manufactories but I keep getting stopped by "Get Population". I 'just' unlocked the Gem Factory but have no where to put it. So I'm also stuck completing provinces because I don't have gems or scrolls or whatever else they're asking for outside of the basics. I suppose I should mention my lack of patience. :) I thought maybe selling the residences would help in some ways but then that's counter productive. I really don't want to sell off any Manufactories unless I absolutely have to.

Any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Thank you. :)

Ok, I may have just answered my own question sort of. Upgrade the residence - which I'm doing right now. But I can only go up one level because I have not unlocked the upgrade residence in Research. Patience huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2963

Depends on how you plan to play. Having all the manufactories is pretty, interesting, and not very efficient. Most players only build manufatories for boosted goods. They then join a fellowship and trade for non boosted goods. If you go to the relics tab in your main hall you will see what your boosted goods are. If you sell all your non-boosted manufactories that should free up space for more residences and population from the buildings you sell. If you keep all your manufactories you will need to really carefully balance your city to keep from running into shortages across the board. That can be fun to, but it requires more patience than I have:D

DeletedUser4821

Depends on how you plan to play. Having all the manufactories is pretty, interesting, and not very efficient. Most players only build manufatories for boosted goods. They then join a fellowship and trade for non boosted goods. If you go to the relics tab in your main hall you will see what your boosted goods are. If you sell all your non-boosted manufactories that should free up space for more residences and population from the buildings you sell. If you keep all your manufactories you will need to really carefully balance your city to keep from running into shortages across the board. That can be fun to, but it requires more patience than I have:D

I only have one boosted goods, Steel. But if I sell the non boosted then I won't be able to upgrade anything. Kind of a sticky wicket. I know the whole point of this is for the owners of the game to sell diamonds, but I'm not going there. I guess I'll just have to move at Turtle pace. Thanks for your suggestions and help! :)

DeletedUser2963

You will eventually have three boosted goods, one in each tier. So, tier 1 steel. Selling off plank and marble manufactories would free up room and you could then trade steel for marble and planks.On the relics tab in the main hall, your boosted good for each tier will have a "sparkly" ring around it.

DeletedUser4821

You will eventually have three boosted goods, one in each tier. So, tier 1 steel. Selling off plank and marble manufactories would free up room and you could then trade steel for marble and planks.On the relics tab in the main hall, your boosted good for each tier will have a "sparkly" ring around it.

Hmm, ok, that's strange because Steel, Scrolls and Gems have sparkly rings around them but I can't access the last two. I'm still quite new so most likely I don't have the theory behind the game down pat yet.

DeletedUser2963

You have not opened the research for those yet, that is why you cant access them, but you will;) Welcome to the game.

DeletedUser4821

Ok thanks. And a moderator told me my responses are inappropriate. This is my second time starting a new post and evidently I'm 'stacking posts"? What does that mean and how do I stop doing it?

And thanks! haha :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2963

You just posted a comment. and then you posted another comment right below it. That takes up more room on the server than just editing your first comment and adding what you want to it. So a mod will come in and start merging your posts, and ding you for it(double post). The edit button is your friend!

Stacking posts? That is a new one on me. Anyone?

DeletedUser4821

Your response is crystal clear so I appreciate it. The Admin responded as well but it still didn't make sense to me. Thanks again. Now I know. I had no idea it was inappropriate to do so.

Last edited:

DeletedUser68

Stacking posts? That is a new one on me. Anyone?
We have some excellent forum tools for accumulating quoted snippets, organizing them, and then posting a thoughtful response that helps tie everything together.

If folks are just poking the reply button and responding as they go, before they've read all of the messages that have been recently posted, then we end up with a lot more fights, and a thread that's fragmented and MUCH harder to follow.

DeletedUser1349

I only have one boosted goods, Steel. But if I sell the non boosted then I won't be able to upgrade anything.

This is not true. When you sell a building, you get back all the people and culture invested in that building. Then you can put those people and culture back into proper buildings.

We only have room for boosted manufactories. You either go boost-only now, or you do it later and it will be much more painful then as they are higher levels. Join a fellowship asap. You trade your boosts for other's boosts and everyone wins!

Good Luck and have fun with the game!

Buttrflwr

The trader is your friend, even out of an alliance. Most people will trade the small amounts put up by new players even if it isn't their boosted good. However, it is most important you do join an alliance as soon as you can, as they have a vested interest in your growth. ;) Just build your boosted factories, upgrade everything you have already built as far as you can until you hit the research stop, and check out the wiki, and Mykan's guide. Those will help you a LOT on how many of each you need. Nevarth was my saving grace when I started, as he was my neighbor and helped me understand what my boosted was, and many other things.
Good luck!

DeletedUser61

When you sell a building, you get back all the people and culture invested in that building
This is true for people and culture, but you'll also get back some of the building materials as well. Selling the building WHILE a build/upgrade is still in progress will give back your most recent investment. Once the build/upgrade is completed, deleting the building only rebates half of the goods etc that were associated with the most recent upgrade.
upgrade everything you have already built as far as you can until you hit the research stop
And go the extra mile during the tournament week when your boosted relics are featured, because a 700% boost is nothing to sneeze at.

DeletedUser4821

This is not true. When you sell a building, you get back all the people and culture invested in that building. Then you can put those people and culture back into proper buildings.

We only have room for boosted manufactories. You either go boost-only now, or you do it later and it will be much more painful then as they are higher levels. Join a fellowship asap. You trade your boosts for other's boosts and everyone wins!

Good Luck and have fun with the game!

Shoot. I have been upgrading the heck out of my planks and marble manufactories. I see your point, but yes, Ouch!
This is true for people and culture, but you'll also get back some of the building materials as well. Selling the building WHILE a build/upgrade is still in progress will give back your most recent investment. Once the build/upgrade is completed, deleting the building only rebates half of the goods etc that were associated with the most recent upgrade.
And go the extra mile during the tournament week when your boosted relics are featured, because a 700% boost is nothing to sneeze at.

What do you mean by, 'when your boosted relics are featured'? Seriously new person here. :)

DeletedUser3942

the tournament (once you have unlocked it in your tech tree - it is at the end of chapter2) takes place every week.
and it circles through the goods, meaning that when we have a Scrolls tournament (like this week, next week will be Silk, then Elixir, then ...) you will get a lot of scrolls relics as rewards for finishing rounds in the tournament. collecting all this relics will increase your boost percentage of your boosted goods thus you will end up with more produced goods as you get a bonus that gets bigger the higher the percentage of your boost is.

P.S. Once you have unlocked tournaments you might want to read here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-tournaments.4014/

DeletedUser4821

the tournament (once you have unlocked it in your tech tree - it is at the end of chapter2) takes place every week.
and it circles through the goods, meaning that when we have a Scrolls tournament (like this week, next week will be Silk, then Elixir, then ...) you will get a lot of scrolls relics as rewards for finishing rounds in the tournament. collecting all this relics will increase your boost percentage of your boosted goods thus you will end up with more produced goods as you get a bonus that gets bigger the higher the percentage of your boost is.

P.S. Once you have unlocked tournaments you might want to read here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-tournaments.4014/

Thanks so much. I'm not even close to where you are yet but I'll take a look at the link anyway. :)

Buttrflwr

Shoot. I have been upgrading the heck out of my planks and marble manufactories. I see your point, but yes, Ouch!
It is seriously not cost effective to try to manufacture your non-boosted goods. You will waste a LOT of supplies and gold for little return, and use up even more space. And space is a very precious commodity in this game. Emphasis on VERY. ;)