• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do I increase my Granite supply?

ginelv270

How do I get more granite to complete my research items? I all ready have 3 mines but they do not produce enough for me to complete my research items. I do not see anyone trading for granite, my Traveling Merchant only offers dust or gems, and my Wholesale merchant does not offer granite. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thank you Ginelv270

Kataphractos

Granite is a "settlement resource". (In this case, for the Dwarf settlement in Chapter 6.) Settlement resources can't be traded like Tier 1/2/3 goods. You have to make them yourself, with the settlement building which specializes in that resource. At least for the Dwarf settlement, the resource buildings have a caption that says something like "build at least X of these buildings". It's only a suggestion...but it's a suggestion you *really want to follow* if you want your settlement resources in a reasonable time-frame.

Aritra

I would recommend two or three times as many granite as copper. They are slower to accumulate. Fit in what you can and be prepared for waiting time. I was fairly relaxed and patient through all of it until the last tech or two, then I was "aaahhh get me outta here!" lol

edit: [be prepared for waiting time] -- unless you use portal profits! thanks for reminder @Iyapo1
I don't think of them much, usually only using when I get impatient, lol

Last edited:

Iyapo1

You could also just use a Portal Profit. Portal Profits only make the guest race goods stored in the portal. In dwarves you can literally Portal Profit your way through without building a single guest race building.

Helpful tip for guest races...always upgrade your portal first.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
First of all you mentioned some stuff like trading, Traveling Merchants, or the wholesaler. Don't look there because none of that will work. Granite mines are your only possible source of granite. And as mentioned upthread, you can increase the effectiveness of your existing granite mines both by upgrading them and by upgrading the portal. But finally, I don't think 3 granite mines is nearly enough. I think when I did Dwarves I had 13 granite mines and 5 copper foundries. Mind you, that was for a very fast pace through the chapter. If you wanted to take your time in the chapter you could get by with fewer.

One thing that can help you make room for your settlement in Dwarves is upgrading your residences. When you do the Dwarf level upgrades to your houses, they actually become slightly smaller. Elvish players will save 1 space per residence and human players will save 2 spaces per residence. They also become a narrow rectangle, so if you orient them with the skinny end facing your roads you are saving 1 square of road frontage per residence. It does not sound like much on an individual basis, but when you upgrade all your residences it really adds up.

Tehya1

I am in dwarves now too, and I have a question. How many levels should I upgrade the portal and granite buildings?

Portal profits are already helping!

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Yes, they have 4 levels. I level the non-portal buildings just enough to make the goods the portal needs to level up. If I get tech-locked from insufficient guest race goods I put the kps on an AW or use portal profits. Gems has great info about the guest races including the quest lists. :)

Huor

Some players run through the chapters with a leveled portal and portal profits. The drawback to this is you can't upgrade your roads, and in my opinion, you should upgrade your roads. In chapter 8, the rocky road is actually a nice looking road.

Aritra

Some players run through the chapters with a leveled portal and portal profits. The drawback to this is you can't upgrade your roads, and in my opinion, you should upgrade your roads. In chapter 8, the rocky road is actually a nice looking road.
The ch.6/dwarves road tiles were/are my favorite. After I was finished with necessary granite/copper production, I filled my portal before selling it. I'll never know how much I have left, but I know that if I want to add tiles (that match), I have the goods to do so. (I'm in ch.12 now and I really should upgrade my tiles because of the culture value, but I like the dwarves' and have trouble letting go, lol)

Huor

I did the same thing. The dwarven street was very pretty. I hated to replace it with the blossom street, as the blossom didn't really "pop" like the dwarven street.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Some of us do not do any road upgrades at all until we get to chapter 9 and only need mana and not guest race goods to place new roads. It may keep your culture a little lower than it could be, but it is more efficient.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am in dwarves now too, and I have a question. How many levels should I upgrade the portal and granite buildings?

Portal profits are already helping!
You will have to have a level 4 portal to finish the chapter. A level 3 portal will not hold enough granite or copper to unlock the final few tech advances. For future reference, every other guest race chapter is also going to require a level 4 portal.

But upgrading the portal early will give you a bonus to production from your granite mines and copper foundries. And you will also get more from your portal profits. Since they give a percentage of the portal's total capacity, it is always best to upgrade the portal to level 4 before dropping too many PP spells.

Aritra

I did the same thing. The dwarven street was very pretty. I hated to replace it with the blossom street, as the blossom didn't really "pop" like the dwarven street.
I'm not a fan of the fairies chapter stuff. I get why it is why it is but it is too flowery and colorful with the layered design. Not my taste at all. I love the stone tile with bits of gold and flowers on the edges. As far as settlements, woodelves is probably my favorite (so far) or elementals, but I'm still reluctant to give up my dwarven roads. :cool:

Yogi Dave

I am in dwarves now too, and I have a question. How many levels should I upgrade the portal and granite buildings
This was all before PPs existed, so the world may look different now.
I only took my granite buildings to level 3. The cost of upgrading them to level 4 would have cost more than I'd get out of them. This is especially true if you are nearing the end of the chapter or have a large number of mines, which I did. I always have made my guest race buildings as large as I could except for fairies and dragons. Fairies because the portal, even at level 4, didn't hold a lot and dragons, because there is a limit number of building that can touch the university green.

Lady Jenn19

On the subject of Granite and Copper, Will there be a need for those resources later in the game? I'm in Chapter 7 , Fairies, and I don't see anything requiring those resources. I was wondering if I could scale back on those and use my space for other things now