• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do I teleport a building?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Teleport Building spells are won in the Spire of Eternity. They can be won from individual chests and from FS multiplayer chests. Once you have one, they'll show up in the Magic Academy along with your other spells. There is no other way to get them. Sorta like Royal Restoration instants and Blueprints, but those are only found in tournament FS chests.

Fayeanne

Teleport Building scrolls show up in your Inventory under the Enchantments tab. Next to the Pet Food if you have any of those. It's in the same location as the Power of Provision and Magical Manufacturing and other enchantments. To teleport a building, select the enchantment and your cursor will change. Click on a building for a confirmation prompt. Be sure to pay attention to the prompt so that you don't accidentally click on the wrong building! The scroll is only used once you actually confirm and teleport a building. (They are single-use items, just like the other enchantments.)

DeletedUser25390

Why does Teleport Building not work on all buildings?

NightshadeCS

If it is an expiring building, that would just become problematic (keep the countdown going, pause it, what is fair?). Also, Ancient Wonders can't be teleported, probably because that could be exploited too easily. They are BIG, and expensive to upgrade, and their effects are sometime only useful at certain times. Not sure what else. Main Hall, that's a no-brainer.

Inno tried to throw us a bone with that Teleport spell, but they don't want to make life too easy for us. : )

DeletedUser25390

I agree with and understand with why the Ancient Wonders and Main Hall can't be.

However if I can teleport one expiring event building,,, I should be able to teleport all.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The galactical egg is not an expiring bldg, but the Wishing Well sure is, sorry. I know you retain the culture after the prize rewards expire if you choose to keep the building (I've never kept one after it expired as I have better culture/square options in my cities). Did you teleport it before it expired? If so, did the timer pause or did it continue to count down the 100 days while it sat in inventory?

I don't mean to pepper you with questions, lol. I just remember those discussions when the teleport spell was first released. It's entirely possible I don't remember the final resolution clearly. The only expiring bldgs I have in my 2 cities right now are active except the military ones (I sell them when I'm placing new ones and use them as a supplies boost for training troops) and when I select the teleport spell, the blue teleport icon doesn't appear over the carting library, Genie, or the expired military ones at all, so I can't even select them to teleport.

DeletedUser25390

I don't know if you can teleport an expired wishing well.
Haven't tried because I don't want to waste a teleport on an expired building.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't know if you can teleport an expired wishing well.
Haven't tried because I don't want to waste a teleport on an expired building.

You can see any building that can be teleported when you activate the Instant and scroll around your city to look for the teleport symbol over the buildings. So you don't have to click on a building first and risk teleporting by accident.

LutherTheHairy

Main Hall, that's a no-brainer.
Inno tried to throw us a bone with that Teleport spell, but they don't want to make life too easy for us. : )

Well, this thread answered my question: whether or not the main hall (MH) could be teleported.

Why not a city without a MH? Clearly anything that needs a road connection will stop working, but that is OK.

Teleporting the MH is a tool to make city rearranging less tedious. Most valuable in the beginning chapters when the main hall takes up the largest percentage and folks are less likely to know what they are doing and have not organized their city well.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Teleporting the MH is a tool to make city rearranging less tedious. Most valuable in the beginning chapters when the main hall takes up the largest percentage and folks are less likely to know what they are doing and have not organized their city well.
But you can't get teleport building in the opening 2 chapters. They don't become available till the Spire of Eternity appears in chapter 3. And to be honest, most ch 3 cities are going to struggle in the Spire unless it is a really talented player

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are five buildings that can never be sold or teleported, once you build them: Main Hall, Barracks, Builders Hut, Trader, and Magic Academy. Inno has stated before that these are key/core buildings and this will never change.

LutherTheHairy

most ch 3 cities are going to struggle in the Spire unless it is a really talented player

I am in Chapter III. I only really tried spire for the first time last week. I got through the first two sections of it, gateway and high halls, opting to negotiate rather than fight (the 2nd wave thing without being able to refresh my troops just seemed too scary/difficult). The boss level in laboratory was abusively expensive, but I was so close, I wanted to solve it anyway. I took a peek at what was expected for the first level of laboratory, and decided it was silly to try to solve the logic puzzle in three tries with however many categories of items to choose from (6? 7?) and stopped.

I didn't complete it, but I still won a teleport spell and don't think of myself as particularly talented. Maybe I got lucky?

Inno has stated before that these are key/core buildings and this will never change.

Thanks for this info. Their game, their rules, though it is unclear to me why this one exists/how it improves gameplay. Seems like the ability to temporarily remove my largest of buildings would be quite helpful.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am in Chapter III. I only really tried spire for the first time last week. I got through the first two sections of it, gateway and high halls, opting to negotiate rather than fight (the 2nd wave thing without being able to refresh my troops just seemed too scary/difficult). The boss level in laboratory was abusively expensive, but I was so close, I wanted to solve it anyway. I took a peek at what was expected for the first level of laboratory, and decided it was silly to try to solve the logic puzzle in three tries with however many categories of items to choose from (6? 7?) and stopped.

I didn't complete it, but I still won a teleport spell and don't think of myself as particularly talented. Maybe I got lucky?
But can you afford to keep doing this every week? While still also making the resources you need in order to continue to grow and expand your city. This is where many newer cities struggle in regards to the Spire.

Iyapo1

most ch 3 cities are going to struggle in the Spire unless it is a really talented player
Or we could go on youtube and watch a talented player. Search youtube "minmax gamer spire" (@MinMax Gamer Thank you! last one)

While still also making the resources you need in order to continue to grow and expand your city. This is where many newer cities struggle in regards to the Spire.

I am also in chapter 3. This will be my 4th spire. I have made it past the frog each time, but not by much. It is wiping out my goods and supplies which is resulting in frenetic building between spire runs(using speedups like mad). My city progression came to a dead stop during the FA but the spire has not slowed me down. It will slow my city growth down because of how the difficulty is calculated. That is okay with me, my goal is to hit the top of the spire not to advance as fast as possible.