• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How does an Archmage appoint an Enforcer

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
As an archmage, I prefer to be the one that ejects anyone. I do not want my mages coming off as “the bad guys”. I’ve been fortunate to have a wonderful group of members. I have only removed inactive players after messaging them and receiving no replies. If my mages do need to remove someone then they have my full backing.

DeletedUser29237

It’s part of bring a leader of a guild or fellowship as the case is in this game. You should ultimately be the one enforcing the rules and doing the kicking. You can request your mages to report to if they think someone is not following the rules so you can take care of it when your on. But expecting a mage to be an archmage in your absence is wrong.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I never thought of Mages as enforcers. I always thought of them as more experienced players to go to with basic questions about the game.

FEAR THE MAGES! They'll break your knees! :D

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I never thought of Mages as enforcers. I always thought of them as more experienced players to go to with basic questions about the game.

FEAR THE MAGES! They'll break your knees! :D
My boots have spike heels (seeing as they're imaginary)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Enforcing the rules is something almost no AM's enjoy. But it's necessary or you shouldn't have the rules. Here are some things you can do to make enforcing easier.

1) State the rules clearly. We have a 1200 minimum weekly tournament score averaged over the last 4 weeks. If your score goes below 1200 and you've not told us you were on vacation or something, you get booted.

2) Enforce the rules religiously. It's unfair to let somebody pass because they are a big player, you like them, they give great advice, or anything else. Rules that take into account such things are too fuzzy to be fair, especially if you kick one person while letting another stay. Rules shouldn't have fuzz.

3) Work with the person to insure they understand they are breaking the rule. Sometimes it's just a mistake. I had a person put up a 0-star trade (not against our rules but great for an example). I was pretty sure they intended something else and just miss-typed it. So I contacted them and, sure enough, it was just a typo. If I had a "no 0-star" rule and if they broke it inadvertently, and I kicked them, it would cause a lot of bad feelings and that just leads to drama.

4) Let them kick themselves. I always try to suggest to a rule breaker that maybe they aren't a good fit here in my fs. If they aren't doing the tournament minimum and/or can't, then they aren't a good fit. I then might suggest some other fellowships more their style. Starfleet has plenty of them with all sorts of styles of play so that's pretty easy. In any case I want them to be happy. Happiness is like clothing, what you wear has to fit right and if it doesn't, it just makes you and everybody else miserable.

Finally, be positive about the changes you make. When you kick somebody always let them know they are welcome back when their style of play makes them able to keep the rules and contribute at the levels needed from every member.

Just some thoughts on how we do in in Starship Valiant-

AJ

Deleted User - 1178646

Enforcing the rules is something almost no AM's enjoy. But it's necessary or you shouldn't have the rules. Here are some things you can do to make enforcing easier.

1) State the rules clearly. We have a 1200 minimum weekly tournament score averaged over the last 4 weeks. If your score goes below 1200 and you've not told us you were on vacation or something, you get booted.

2) Enforce the rules religiously. It's unfair to let somebody pass because they are a big player, you like them, they give great advice, or anything else. Rules that take into account such things are too fuzzy to be fair, especially if you kick one person while letting another stay. Rules shouldn't have fuzz.

3) Work with the person to insure they understand they are breaking the rule. Sometimes it's just a mistake. I had a person put up a 0-star trade (not against our rules but great for an example). I was pretty sure they intended something else and just miss-typed it. So I contacted them and, sure enough, it was just a typo. If I had a "no 0-star" rule and if they broke it inadvertently, and I kicked them, it would cause a lot of bad feelings and that just leads to drama.

4) Let them kick themselves. I always try to suggest to a rule breaker that maybe they aren't a good fit here in my fs. If they aren't doing the tournament minimum and/or can't, then they aren't a good fit. I then might suggest some other fellowships more their style. Starfleet has plenty of them with all sorts of styles of play so that's pretty easy. In any case I want them to be happy. Happiness is like clothing, what you wear has to fit right and if it doesn't, it just makes you and everybody else miserable.

Finally, be positive about the changes you make. When you kick somebody always let them know they are welcome back when their style of play makes them able to keep the rules and contribute at the levels needed from every member.

Just some thoughts on how we do in in Starship Valiant-

AJ
let me remind me to stay far away from your military camp. I hate overzealous zealots.
Off course rules are they to be enforced, but religiously? no thanks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Every Fellowship rule should have a "three strikes" clause. No one breaking a rule three or more times is doing it by accident or ignorance.

There is also one rule that should be enforced that I almost never see mentioned. When someone first joins, they have to reply to chat or a message chain, to show they are willing and able to do so. Future silence is fine, but the AM needs to know that you are reading what is being sent out.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
let me remind me to stay far away from your military camp. I hate overzealous zealots.
Off course rules are they to be enforced, but religiously? no thanks.

Yeah, you are right. "Religiously" was an overstatement. I would rather have said "fairly" or "evenly." Thanks for the correction, much appreciated.

AJ