• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How easy it is....

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
A three star trade just says "I want to be in front" to me, so I ignore them until after I clear the 2 star trades, no matter how good they are.
Unfortunately, I think it is often (at least with sentient goods) more along the lines of: "I have discovered nobody will pick up my two star trades for elven tree gum, so I am offering a 110% trade".

It is interesting
two posts in a row saying why they think three star trades exist

no one said
"Some people offer three star trades because they want to give their FS mates and neighbors a deal on boosted goods"
or even
"they might do it because they need the goods urgently so they make the trade more attractive"

This says more about you than the people whose minds you are reading

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just take all 2 star trades first. A three star trade just says "I want to be in front" to me, so I ignore them until after I clear the 2 star trades, no matter how good they are.

Wow! This never even crossed my mind. I read players posting how many millions of goods they have stored up and I don't get that. I often post 1.5 or 2 to 1 trades just because I have more than enough of my boosted goods so I look at it as spreading the wealth. I would have never thought that would be construed as a bad thing.

Iyapo1

@Deborah M and @mucksterme

I am scroll boosted in 2 out of 3 cities. During the height of that issue players offering scrolls at 2:1or more (to help out, spread the wealth, make their trade more attractive so they would get picked up...or whatever) devalued scrolls so thoroughly that I built a BTG just to keep playing. The wholeseller was less ruinous than the actual market because of the three star scroll trades.
I take 2 star trades first always because I was personally harmed by three star traders that had so many scrolls that they saw no problem with dumping them regularly at rates that made the wholeseller a good deal.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Iyapo1 OK that makes sense in that situation but not as a blanket statement about 3 star trades. Since I pay attention I completely understood the situation scroll boosted had before they changed the library set. I picked up tons of scrolls that I did not need because my boosted is silk. I did prioritize Fellowship then neighbors I had for a long time and then general players. It sounds to me like now you are still judging players who are either in urgent need or just trying to help others by a situation that is now in the past. It doesn't really matter though because there are plenty of others who are happy to receive an occasional boost in their goods.

Sprite1313

This says more about you than the people whose minds you are reading

Actually, it says “I talked to several players about it, and this is the reason they gave for it”. It is certainly the reason that I ended up putting up 3-star trades for scrolls and gum. I certainly never assigned nefarious motives to anyone posting 3-star trades. Nor did I say “the only reason players do this is…”. But thanks for the implied aspersion on my character.

Personally, I feel guilty taking 3 star trades from players; I feel like I am taking advantage of them because they might be posting those thinking nobody will take them if they don’t make them 3-star. I especially feel bad about it in my neighbourhood, because I have a lot of early-chapter cities, and they are offering 1.5:1 or 2:1 (when they are asking for 200 of a good), and I doubt they can really afford it. I fully acknowledge that this is a “me” problem and skewed by my personal experience.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am scroll boosted in 2 out of 3 cities. During the height of that issue players offering scrolls at 2:1or more (to help out, spread the wealth, make their trade more attractive so they would get picked up...or whatever) devalued scrolls so thoroughly that I built a BTG just to keep playing. The wholeseller was less ruinous than the actual market because of the three star scroll trades.
I have a scroll boosted city that struggled with unboosted T2s for awhile as well. I refused to trade my scrolls at a discount for the same reason. It’s a short term gain that makes the flooded scrolls problem more acute long term. I had a sympathetic teammate with a large enough inventory willing to absorb my scrolls she doesn’t need at even rates and then I supplemented with buying from wholesaler after attending the Iyapo School of BTG. After I got my BTG high enough, I took some of my scrolls back from my helpful teammate, shredded them in my wholesaler, and give them back to her as her missing T2 good to help her even her stacks out a bit more. If there is a steel/scroll shortage from all the players that quit after rolling scroll boost, not gonna lie…I will thoroughly enjoy the schadenfreude! Inno put me in the desert with only 1-ply scroll TP to survive on and I endured!

Killy-

I take 2 star trades first always because I was personally harmed by three star traders that had so many scrolls that they saw no problem with dumping them regularly at rates that made the wholeseller a good deal.

Well scrolls were just worth less, that wasn't really a fault of the players or?

Iyapo1

that wasn't really a fault of the players or?
Yes, it was the fault of the players. They sat back and watched as scroll players quit... Now they are going to start offering great 3 star trades to get scrolls and sit back and watch as new crystal and silk players quit... I take two star trades first.

Killy-

Yes, it was the fault of the players. They sat back and watched as scroll players quit... Now they are going to start offering great 3 star trades to get scrolls and sit back and watch as new crystal and silk players quit... I take two star trades first.

Well it is not like 2 star trades would have made the other t2 goods appear migically.

Iyapo1

Some crystal and silk players reduced their production because they only needed to trade for one good at a 1:1 rate. Between the massive boneyards and the three star trades scroll players got munched..by other players.

Without the three star trades it still would have been bad, the three star trades just made bad worse.

Now scrolls are short and steel is short(the sentient shortages are beyond my sight). And guess what...the 3 star trade margin is growing.
Massive players are offering me 1.5:1 for my scrolls.

Why would I take a chapter 7 players 1:1 trades? Because I have been there. I take 2 star trades first.

Last edited:

Killy-

Some crystal and silk players reduced their production because they only needed to trade for one good at a 1:1 rate.

Otherwise they would have way too much t2 compared to t1 and t3, seems logical to me.

In my scrolls boosted city I haven't rebuild my t2 manufactories, I am silk boosted now.^^

Last edited:

BrinDarby

This is exactly why city movement is so important, even if not popular.
all those scrolls ppl that quit got replaced by ones that didn't quit.
Yes at the fringes there will still be a shortage of scrolls players, and
current scrolls players need to re-tool to start making scrolls again.
Same really goes for steel players, that many times are also scrolls ppl.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I hate to admit to this, but I guess I'm a total trading communist. I post three star trades when they are cross tier... I accept three star cross tier trades. I post two star trades.... I accept two star trades.... I accept zero and one star trades from newbie cities in my neighborhood and I accept them from my fellowship when they need some extra help. I don't take the zero and one from the people who always post the scalps.... It's my sense of fair play. I don't play this game for rank. I don't play it for any other reason than pure enjoyment and relaxation, so I play by my rules. Call it bullying if you like. Call it whatever you like, but I live my life by my own moral compass and I play this game the same way. As has been previously mentioned, if a person wants to ram to someone in the trader's markets, there are games for that. I will always hope that this game never turns into that.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
And in further defense of the much maligned three star trades.......

A two star trade shows up as a one star outside your 'hood. A three star trade shows as a two star.. because of the out of town levy the game imposes. So, when I post that three star trade, I have more peeps seeing it, so maybe someone will pick it up for me.

I do a lot of pre-emptive trading to help my fellowships that fall into that pit of goods disparity. There are many more reasons for posting three stars than wanting to 'show up first'.