• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How is having 4 Phoenixes possible?

Pheryll

Set Designer
But I think the issue is more that elixir is what it produces first, so no matter how many links people have, they are always getting elixir and flooding the market with trades offering elixir. And this is actually worse when you add in the players who also have the winter market set because the sledge carousel also produces a ton of elixir.

I do not buy this argument at all. The jester's tavern was the last set building attained in the carnival event. If you got the jester's tavern, then you already received all the rest. Gems is what is being overproduced by it, and I can see evidence of that in my game world.

DeletedUser9601

The problem is that there is really nowhere to go from here: either they
  • tone down future prizes as they did post-2016 winter event and players are disappointed for years, or
  • they keep giving us overpowered prizes making every non-event building completely useless.
Eh, there's a middle ground. Think about people who pushed MH to level 30. The arrival of sentient goods undermined them quite a bit. Same for those who focused on Maze. Mana is still important, but seeds are more scarce.
I can see Inno working around this power creep in lots of different ways. E.g., create "Power Troops," that don't get benefits from current AWs. They have their own AWs with separate bonuses. Create side portals, where your guest-race specific city doesn't use population, but rather prestige-like units to support other buildings. Completely erase mana or seeds as a necessary good for development.

I actually don't expect a lot of this, because there isn't any pvp aspect, and the only "downside" a new player has today is that they're worse than someone 3 years in. But that's true independent of the Fire Phoenix. The Fire Phoenix definitely worsens it, but what's the problem for that new player? They can't compete for top 10 tournament points? Not the end of the world. They won't be as attractive as an FS member? By the time that new player reaches end-game (which will be 2+ years), a majority of the players with a max Fire Phoenix will be ghost cities . So on the margins, there will be times where the new player is hosed because a veteran with a Fire Phoenix is just too appealling, all else being equal. But it will be rare. People just don't stick around long enough in these types of games for developers to have to worry too much about god-like cities. And even if there are 3-4 god-like cities per server, its fine. Its been like this already when a few players used push accounts to max out all their AWs. And the game lived on...

mikeledo

I believe the reason there was no announcement as this was a glitch and like PeeWee Herman, INNO is now claiming, "I meant to do that." I have good second hand information from a friend of a friend that the extra Phoenix prize screen was a blank picture and not one of a Phoenix. This would indicate to me it wasn't planned, but INNO has no good way to go back and take back buildings without creating refund issues. They would rather cut off an employee's right arm before giving up a Euro.

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust Could we get some description about the process to gain additional pets. It was not advertised with this event and this information could well be useful for future pet events especially for those willing to spend money.

There were extra Phoenixes to be won as Grand Prizes. As usual, we do not announce the details of the events ahead of them ;)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
That is too bad INNO didn't let us know, they could have made a lot more money off us as a lot more players would have spent diamonds to get another bird!! Even long time non spenders like @SoggyShorts would have at least considered spending to get two fully upgraded fire birds!!!
You might want to hire some new marketers as the ones you have dropped the ball on this one, IMO.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9932

There were extra Phoenixes to be won as Grand Prizes. As usual, we do not announce the details of the events ahead of them ;)

"...we do not announce the details of the events ahead of them."
Not only did you not announce this detail ahead of the event, you didn't even announce it during the event. In fact, other than your reply in this thread, i can't find any "announcement" about this aspect of the event. Nothing in wiki, nor elven gems, nor in the Announcements thread. So, please, stop being coy.

Dopeykr

What happens to Phoenixes when they age. Do they lose strength? Which is something to be concerned that the powers that be might have in mind. According to legends a Phoenix ages & eventually bursts into flames to later be reborn. Could Sexual reproduction require 3 to accomplish this procedure for different Phoenixes.

DeletedUser4194

"...we do not announce the details of the events ahead of them."
Not only did you not announce this detail ahead of the event, you didn't even announce it during the event. In fact, other than your reply in this thread, i can't find any "announcement" about this aspect of the event. Nothing in wiki, nor elven gems, nor in the Announcements thread. So, please, stop being coy.

We do not announce nor publish the Event quest-lines and their prizes ahead of time because they are intended to be discovered as the event progresses. This is intended.
We do understand that players have become accustomed to being fed the entire event ahead of time by fellow players. This is not intended.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I really hate to say this but I feel like we were just given the middle finger :( I am pretty darn sure the grand prizes were discussed in the Q&A but I definitely know nothing was ever said about there being any possibility of getting multiples. I guess we are forewarned that Inno will not be forthcoming with complete, accurate info on events going forward :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We do not announce nor publish the Event quest-lines and their prizes ahead of time because they are intended to be discovered as the event progresses. This is intended.
We do understand that players have become accustomed to being fed the entire event ahead of time by fellow players. This is not intended.

Considering we were ready to report these players with extras as hackers and cheaters, no, it was very poor communication and marketing by the Elvenar team.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We do not announce nor publish the Event quest-lines and their prizes ahead of time

Well now that's a lie.

Seems to me there are often notices like "Hey want to own Bruglies Cabin?"
So why couldn't there be a notice saying, "There are more prizes available"?

I don't even care that much about the extra Phoenix, I never would have gotten one anyway.
But it bothers me to see you so blatantly lying to cover someone else's screwup.
And you think we are all just too stupid to notice.

DeletedUser2870

Found a nice one, and the weird thing is this one is really a low level city and doesn't looks like a big spender one (Phoenixes excepted).

What I would like to know is how the heck one thinks he's going to keep feeding all of them. I mean, having them around is nice and gives some bonuses, but the real benefit is only activated after feeding them. Even if one would get the petfood in every set of crafting offers, it still is going to be nearly impossible to feed them very often.

Eh, there's a middle ground. Think about people who pushed MH to level 30. The arrival of sentient goods undermined them quite a bit. Same for those who focused on Maze. Mana is still important, but seeds are more scarce.
I can see Inno working around this power creep in lots of different ways. E.g., create "Power Troops," that don't get benefits from current AWs. They have their own AWs with separate bonuses. Create side portals, where your guest-race specific city doesn't use population, but rather prestige-like units to support other buildings. Completely erase mana or seeds as a necessary good for development.

I actually don't expect a lot of this, because there isn't any pvp aspect, and the only "downside" a new player has today is that they're worse than someone 3 years in. But that's true independent of the Fire Phoenix. The Fire Phoenix definitely worsens it, but what's the problem for that new player? They can't compete for top 10 tournament points? Not the end of the world. They won't be as attractive as an FS member? By the time that new player reaches end-game (which will be 2+ years), a majority of the players with a max Fire Phoenix will be ghost cities . So on the margins, there will be times where the new player is hosed because a veteran with a Fire Phoenix is just too appealling, all else being equal. But it will be rare. People just don't stick around long enough in these types of games for developers to have to worry too much about god-like cities. And even if there are 3-4 god-like cities per server, its fine. Its been like this already when a few players used push accounts to max out all their AWs. And the game lived on...

I disagree.
A player who came on 3 years ago has had to deal with all kind of crap. Units nerfed in a bad way, the CL being castrated, useless KPs since there wasn't much to do with them once your bar was full. Being retroactively stuck because the sudden introduction of orcs. Being confronted with retroactively introduced and necessary research. The list goes on.
And newer players have all kinds of benefits that make it MUCH easier to get through chapters. The instants to get coins and supplies at will. The portal good instants. The change from KPs won to instants instead of having them dumped on your KP bar. A far larger number of event buildings that outperform the regular and sometimes even premium buildings, event buildings that create free goods. If one starts now, one has all kinds of advantages compared to those who started years ago.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I deem it unfair, I just disagree with the idea that newer players have a disadvantage. In fact, players starting now will likely have yet even more overpowered buildings coming up for them.

Erasing mana and/or seeds would be a terrible idea since a lot of players have invested time and KP's in AWs that help out there. Suddeny making them completely obsolete would be a sign of complete and utter disregard for such players. Cut back on the amount needed and introduce something else, fine, but completely cutting them would be harmful. It would not be unlike suddenly deciding there is no fighting anymore.

As for the phoenix, the 50% additional damage sounds good, but I've used it in 2 tourneys now and somehow I don't see a lot of difference in the damage dealt. Certainly not in the amount of losses without and with the feeding activated and there should be, since so much added damage should have an impact on the opposing units.

I really hate to say this but I feel like we were just given the middle finger :( I am pretty darn sure the grand prizes were discussed in the Q&A but I definitely know nothing was ever said about there being any possibility of getting multiples. I guess we are forewarned that Inno will not be forthcoming with complete, accurate info on events going forward :(

*ROFL*
Sorry, but Inno has a really bad communication on just about everything. It's been like that for years and there has been no improvement in that time that I can see. I don't expect that to change either. In fact, I've given up on Inno to ever get to a decent level of communicating with the Elvenar players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkadia

Not sure why we need to have all the details of a game... what is there to explore then?
thought we're here to play, not to follow directions ;):)

...and yes, i'm guilty at checking out quest lines, and upcoming prizes n stuff too... we're being spoiled, but it doesn't mean we have to expect all that.....imho :D

Pheryll

Set Designer
Well now that's a lie.
I don't even care that much about the extra Phoenix, I never would have gotten one anyway.
But it bothers me to see you so blatantly lying to cover someone else's screwup.
And you think we are all just too stupid to notice.

To be honest, I do not think any screwup was involved in the implementation of extra phoenixes. Whoever designed the give out did so with the freedom that Inno allowed, and Inno is still trying to figure out what exactly happened and how this give out actually works. And the way Inno operates, one can expect to see more of this behavior; where some weird but useful mechanic is discovered by the players before it is discovered by Inno; and that behavior will more likely than not become the intended behavior.