• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How is this not "pushing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thistleknot

One quick way to stop most of the pushing is to allow KP donation only from FS members (only one account per IP address in the same FS allowed) and from neighbors who are up to 15 rings away.

I think this is a bit narrow sighted. While I don't do this very often, I do occasionally look at random people to see how Wonders are advancing. If I see an opportunity to drop a few KP to get a better return, then I do so. Doesn't mean I'm pushing, just being an opportunist.

DeletedUser3640

If the only casualty of this change would be losing the ability to snipe rewards from strangers I think that's a fair trade.

Create a topic under suggestions proposing this change. It won't solve a problem completely, but at least will makes lives of cheaters harder...basically forcing them to create personal fellowships if they want to continue cheating. Maybe there such topic won't be avoided by mods/com.managers.

Btw, Inno is often looking for a new game mods, did you ever think of becoming one? I can't be one because english is not my 1st language and I'll fail skype interview, plus I'm a short-tempered guy and it is not a good trait for a moderator. Right now we're basically discussing violations of the game rules, but current "staff" don't even bother to be involved, no one's giving any explanation, asking to list cheaters we've discovered, calming down the community... absolutely nothing, what a great team (and for the freaking record - those are facts right now, I'm not discussing your "actions" - this is to whoever is going to warn me about...ehem, violating other rules). Of course there's nothing much one man can probably do, but at least you'd get an insight if they are doing something with this AT ALL (or just covering their unwillingness to do something with cheesy words like "oh yeah, we're checking players, but there are many criteria, so no one will actually get banned").

______

P.S. Found another one, high rank player and a diamond spender. Two baby-cities, asked neighbors - been there for eternity. Looks like both cities are still in the 2nd chapter, or 3rd at best. Similar layouts, similar nicknames (always amuses me), constantly pumping KPs into main account's city. Definitely not pushing, right mods?

Salator

The Elvenar team quickly responds to diamond purchase problems, but in matters of players breaking the rules, the team could care less.
= They care somewhat about breaking rules, it would be possible for them to care less or more than they do.
The Elvenar team quickly responds to diamond purchase problems, but in matters of players breaking the rules, the team couldn't care less.
=They do not care about rule breaking whatsoever.

Yes, perhaps they are both grammatically correct sentences, but the first one doesn't mean anything. It doesn't give the listener/reader any information.
No one intentionally means to tell you that "I care some amount about this subject, and it is humanly possible for me to care less or more about it"

When someone says "I couldn't care less" they are saying the don't give a **** about it, and that is the context 99.9% of the time.

Thank you, Soggy! You have done a better job of explaining the issue than I did....I got too caught up in Pheryll's insistence that there is a comparison being made in that sentence which therefore (presumably) makes the use of 'could care less' legitimate (which of course is BS).

Salator

The sentence provides innuendo. It promotes a thought, without the speaker needing to be held accountable for that thought. In this case the speaker may have relied on rumors he had never investigated, and should these rumors prove false, he can always backpedal saying "I never said the Elvenar team would care less, only that it could care less.

OMG! That is a long stretch...BS, I say. You have gone far afield....where is your "comparison" argument now? Seems to me you are back-pedaling! Your argument is off the wall. I'm done with this topic....you obviously are unteachable.

DeletedUser7370

OMG! That is a long stretch...BS, I say. You have gone far afield....where is your "comparison" argument now? Seems to me you are back-pedaling! Your argument is off the wall. I'm done with this topic....you obviously are unteachable.
Knowing when to walk away and stop wasting time and effort on a person is one of the most important skills. My personal position is that anyone making that mistake is not worth more than being told, "then you should care less." If being told that wakes them up a little then I explain, otherwise they are simply not worth my time or effort.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Btw, Inno is often looking for a new game mods, did you ever think of becoming one?
I've considered it, but it seems to me that they must be very restricted in what they are allowed to say, and I have some...strong opinions.
I can't imagine a mod being allowed to say half the things I do. I've seen mods post that they "post as little as possible and want the discussions to develop naturally" and that doesn't suit me at all, I'd rather help steer the conversation.

DeletedUser3696

I've considered it, but it seems to me that they must be very restricted in what they are allowed to say, and I have some...strong opinions.
I can't imagine a mod being allowed to say half the things I do. I've seen mods post that they "post as little as possible and want the discussions to develop naturally" and that doesn't suit me at all, I'd rather help steer the conversation.
From my experience mods create a new account for modding and use their existing account for posting and 'hopefully' never have the general public know they are one in the same ;)

DeletedUser3640

From my experience mods create a new account for modding and use their existing account for posting and 'hopefully' never have the general public know they are one in the same ;)

That explains everything! Conspiracy! They are the ones who are cheating! Of course they won't punish themselves :D

Jk mods, don't get angry.

DeletedUser3297

It's funny how this thread got derailed by the grammar police...

@SoggyShorts since you did post the ticket from support, any action on that yet? I already know the answer, but I feel it is important for everyone else to know how little is being done by the support team to stop push accounts. ;)

Can't we just ask for definiton from game mods/community managers, w.e. they're called now? They have to provide definition/explanation, or else it's up to us to define that, meaning that I can say that unbalanced for me means "hundreds of thousands of KP"... and the sad part is... I'll be correct in this regard.

To answer:
Ælfwine said:
InnoGames reserves the right to adjust or change the rules at any time. Each rule change will be communicated within the appropriate channels.
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

The appropriate channels usually mean internal information only. They are not going to define a rule for you outside of what has already been communicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3640

The appropriate channels usually mean internal information only. They are not going to define a rule for you outside of what has already been communicated.

How can I follow the rules if I can't understand the meaning of them and even more than that, the ones who made the rule can't provide an explanation? Practically such rule is unenforceable - especially if "devs" are saying that they'll keep definition to themselves only (basically gives them too much power to twist the rule in any way the want, for example - if they won't like what I'm saying right now, they can find that my neighbor that donated 20 kp to my AW and didn't get anything in return is pushing me, and at the same time they won't touch that one guy who's been constantly pumping KPs into his AWs for months).

I live in EU, so I just googled if there's something similar in US and actually found it:
Right now laughing my *** off.

DeletedUser3297

Right now laughing my *** off.

That is a perfect explanation of how InnoGames operates. If you take notice, you will see there has been no official post on this topic or most other topics as well. They can't post because the rules might change. But for now, please report all "pushers" you see, that will not give them anymore work because, at least for now, they will not stop it :)

DeletedUser7686

Because Forge of Empires is PvP, cheating directly impacts more players more intensely.

I would donate KP to a stranger's Wonder if it would get me a rune I needed.

azrose

I have been playing a little over a year and this is the first I have heard about this type of cheating. (Let's call it what it is.) I had a FS member point it out to me that several of the top players in the top group in Sinya Arda are employing this method to build their AWs. One even has the 3 feeder farms in their own fellowship. Clearly the people who are using feeder farms to upgrade their AWs faster are not playing the game. They are playing the score board.

As far as the non response to this tactic from the developers, is anyone really surprised?

DeletedUser9531

I had no clue people did this. It was very interesting to read. I have one account and I am in 3 Fellowships in 3 worlds. I spend a lot of time building my cities. I pass a lot of people in my growing efforts. I wonder if they think I am doing what I see talked about here. Maybe not because I don't have any wonders yet.I have learned Wonders but lack the space. I guess if a person is willing to spend the time it takes to play so many accounts, they might make many others angry. but at the same time, they have to play the game in order to establish a supporting city. A lot to think about. Not sure how I feel about this topic. Is it cheating? or is it smart play? Thank you for interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.