• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How is this not "pushing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It would seem to be against the rules
but on the other hand
so what?
this game is not supposed to be a competition
some of the people doing the complaining in this thread have said that in other threads
if somebody manages to level their ToS faster than you, that does not take anything from your city
to me this is similar to people who cry because someone else progresses by buying diamonds
or they yell "UNFAIR" when somebody gets a better quest prize
until they change the game to give people prizes for being higher ranked
none of this really matters

nb4
Soggy gives some convoluted logic about pushing causing the Devs to nerf AWs for everyone

DeletedUser

I have yet to see any real reason given for why anyone would need to donate KP to someone they've never met.

When I'm tech locked and I need to drop KP for an Event or non-declinable quest, I'll fly around the map, and when I see a city that is advanced, I'll pop in, see if they've got an AW, and drop the required (usually) 1 KP, and occasionally I'll drop all 10 on different AWs in different cities. I don't care about getting anything back, and I'll likely never visit the same cities again. No one in my Fellowships have built AWs yet, and at this point I honestly can't say if any of my neighbors have. As for the rest of what you said,

SoggyShorts said:
A possible 1 rune reward for being a top contributor does not justify donating 100 KP to a stranger imho.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. Once I manage to build an AW, my greed gland will kick in, and then nobody's getting anything. :p But seriously, you're right, it's fishy.

DeletedUser1036

Well ranking points set aside. When somebody pushes all of the AW's to the max they are getting higher benefits from those said AW's.

To explain it further there is a player on my server that has already maxed out all of their manufactories, residences and workshops so that person is using pushing accounts to level up their AW's. I'm not talking about just hundred's of KP to do it either. As everyone knows when you level up an AW you get the ranking points from all the KP's that were invested in that AW. So far this person has gained 4,697 ranking points in the last 24 hours (yes just 1 day).

Imagine the benefits that player is getting from what all of those AW's do for them. Do you think that is fair to everyone else? Especially since this player is in a fellowship he created for himself so nobody else is in it.

DeletedUser8847

Here is a hypothetical (it does not apply at all to me as I have only one account and it is present on two servers).

Suppose I have a main account called MerlinTheWise. I set up feeder accounts with different wizard names. As soon as a feeder account unlocks the tome of secrets, I diligently use all my accounts (including the main account) to level it to level 16. Once all wizard accounts have a level 16 tome of secrets, I then funnel all knowledge points to the main account MerlinTheWise. Given that the main account donated a considerable amount of knowledge points to each of the feeders, would this be considered pushing?

how that is possible? I meant all acc's to level them to 16??

DeletedUser9166

The tournaments are becoming less enjoyable to some people. It was bad enough when they tied the tournament difficulty to the squad size, so those who had all of them researched are at a permanent disadvantage.

But there is simply no point in trying to "compete" with those who push their wonders, they just produce so much more stuff. And get tons of extra ranking points anyway.

What's the point of a multiplayer game anyway if the best "strategy" is pushing, you don't need others for that.

DeletedUser8847

The tournaments are becoming less enjoyable to some people. It was bad enough when they tied the tournament difficulty to the squad size, so those who had all of them researched are at a permanent disadvantage.

But there is simply no point in trying to "compete" with those who push their wonders, they just produce so much more stuff. And get tons of extra ranking points anyway.

What's the point of a multiplayer game anyway if the best "strategy" is pushing, you don't need others for that.

Tournaments, have they been easier at the some point? Now it is even stupid to try when few times have lost. And I am not cater type. I don't like to give diamonds nor supplies to tournaments. Every player needs those for updating buildings which is pain itself. I hate being always watching culture points and then PoP points.
I have seen that people cater much, and there goes resources they need.

So they tied what? - tournament difficulty to equal size? What's equal size? So that's why we are all always losing!
There is no equal size, because people are different and do things different ways.
But what comes to Ancient Wonders - yack, too big and benefit is not even near to pain to have to watch them because they are also ugly! I have now two, and two other's are about to come but I am at no point wishing them. I can use play ground size to some other way of my liking and not for liking of some others!

SA.png

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
In the Misfits, we started a 'donation' thread for ancient wonders where those who participate donate KP's until that persons AW is leveled up. This is primarily for the newer players so that they can level up the AW"s while they can still progress through the game. Is this against the rules? This is something that we wanted to do to help the members and then the fellowship on the whole.

DeletedUser1036

In the Misfits, we started a 'donation' thread for ancient wonders where those who participate donate KP's until that persons AW is leveled up. This is primarily for the newer players so that they can level up the AW"s while they can still progress through the game. Is this against the rules? This is something that we wanted to do to help the members and then the fellowship on the whole.
Nope that is completely Legal, were taking about people that have created accounts on their own specifically for their own benefit and serve no other purpose then to Push their own accounts and AW's to higher levels.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Oh Okay. I don't understand how anyone has the time for that. I don't even play other worlds because I want to do this one. Maybe if I ever get to the point where I am on the same chapter that is at the end, I will attempt that again. But it is more likely that if I ever got that close to the developers, I would be producing a stockpile for the tourneys and upgrading my AW's. I love them!

DeletedUser10660

Actually the record it about 75 or so guy has adimtied to making 3 fellowships and his activity times pretty much match up in sequential, that and the names are all variations of his main account. That player has been doing it for about 13 months. We are still waiting on developers to decide how to address the issue.

DeletedUser10660

The following 3 points are copied form Elvanar's Term/Condition of Use Page:

7. Pushing

Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.
It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.

Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use the invite feature to invite yourself or players that share an internet connection with you.

8. Fair-play

It is expected that each and every player acts respectfully towards other players, and the Support team. This means following the rules and creating a fun and fair environment for players.

The rules can be adapted to different cases in the interests of maintaining fair-play within the game. The Support team is the final arbiter of any rules dispute. Our interpretation of the rules is final. We reserve the right to exclude anyone from the game. All players have the right to appeal via the Support System.

9. Report breach of rules
If you believe someone is breaking the rules, you can contact the Support team and report it. Knowingly benefiting from another player breaking the rules is prohibited. If you think you have benefited from a breach of rules, please report this.

It is forbidden to incite other players to commit a rule violation. The attempt is punishable and need to be reported.

Draw your own conclusions.

DeletedUser1766

There is a player who is using an entire FS of 12 multi accounts to feed KP into his main account's wonders. That has got to be considered pushing, no?

Every "player" in that bogus FS has the exact same city layout, and the are listed as donors to the main wonders. To be clear, he is in a real FS, the FS of 12 push accounts is separate.
I must agree with you. After reading this I investigated to see if you could have more than one account per game world and you are not allowed to. You are supposed to be a different person with a separate email address. If you want to have more than one city then are meant to be on different worlds.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I must agree with you. After reading this I investigated to see if you could have more than one account per game world and you are not allowed to. You are supposed to be a different person with a separate email address. If you want to have more than one city then are meant to be on different worlds.

Correct, this is found in the GTC (EULA), not just a separate rules listing on the forums. However, it is hard to enforce this when no measure is there to distinguish you from a "friend." (e.g. accounts are not further restricted by IP address or other form of identification).

5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

DeletedUser3507

Simple way to defeat that @SoggyShorts is use a VPN. People will always cheat that's inherent too all games, catching them is good. Open ticket get them banned.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Simple way to defeat that @SoggyShorts is use a VPN. People will always cheat that's inherent too all games, catching them is good. Open ticket get them banned.
I did submit a ticket, and had a decent conversation about support who agreed with me, and sent it up the ladder to be dealt with.
Sadly the result is that nothing was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.