• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How long would you say chapters take?(I know it varies)

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849327848
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849327848

It's something I've always been pretty curious about. Assuming you plan properly and you have the guest race goods, and goods in general to research, how long would it take to hit dwarves while mid ch2 atm? A few weeks/months?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In the current environment, with portal profits for chapters 6+ and with time boosters and with all the free diamonds you can earn/win, it does not take nearly as long as it did before the game was made easier to advance. For example, I started a new city on the Beta server about 10 months ago and that city is now in chapter 10. So that is an average of 1 month per chapter, but the first few chapters can go quickly, so you should definitely complete the first 5 chapters in less than 5 months, if you are able to log in multiple times per day, rather than only once or twice.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's a gradual progression, I think. The first chapters are really fast; the later ones can take a very long time, partly because they require so many more goods, so much more space, etc. I think I made it to chapter 3 within a few weeks, when I first started. But Halflings took me about 6 weeks, and I believe the one I'm in now, Elementals, will take longer. One hint that I wish I would have known when I was in an early chapter ... do not disenchant your portal profits. Keep them. You'll need them later to speed up research. I wish I had all the pps I disenchanted in the beginning, sigh.

Iyapo1

They removed PP from the spire for cities under chapter 6. New players wont have the same kind of surplus going forward.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's impressive (I think). Certainly way faster than was possible a few years ago.
Now I'm really tempted to try a new city speed run. I've never had a baby city since PPs were added

I am pretty sure @MinMax Gamer did it a bit faster than that too. But doing it on Beta removed the temptation of those account-shared diamonds that countries with multiple servers per account have.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
In the current environment, with portal profits for chapters 6+ and with time boosters and with all the free diamonds you can earn/win, it does not take nearly as long as it did before the game was made easier to advance. For example, I started a new city on the Beta server about 10 months ago and that city is now in chapter 10. So that is an average of 1 month per chapter, but the first few chapters can go quickly, so you should definitely complete the first 5 chapters in less than 5 months, if you are able to log in multiple times per day, rather than only once or twice.
I am running about the same pace wise. I started playing the game almost exactly a year ago. In fact, Carnival 2020 was underway when I started. My first city is now in Elementals, so that is a chapter a month.

Deleted User - 3932582

I am pretty sure @MinMax Gamer did it a bit faster than that too. But doing it on Beta removed the temptation of those account-shared diamonds that countries with multiple servers per account have.
I posted somewhere when I finished chapters 14 and 15. I believe 15 chapters took about 470 days, while 14 was a bit more than 400. Pretty much all guest races took almost exactly 30 days. PPs wouldn't have helped that much as I was constrained by KP accumulation, and the current tournament setup generally yields less KPs. One can certainly do more in tournaments than I did, especially in the later chapters, to accelerate that part. Still, that would probably need 4-5K tournaments or more, which is not easy if you're rushing through the chapters.

P.S. I didn't farm diamonds in different accounts, all my diamond sources were permanently running 4x Wishing Wells and chapter quests, that was it (before the Spire).

Deleted User - 849327848

I posted somewhere when I finished chapters 14 and 15. I believe 15 chapters took about 470 days, while 14 was a bit more than 400. Pretty much all guest races took almost exactly 30 days. PPs wouldn't have helped that much as I was constrained by KP accumulation, and the current tournament setup generally yields less KPs. One can certainly do more in tournaments than I did, especially in the later chapters, to accelerate that part. Still, that would probably need 4-5K tournaments or more, which is not easy if you're rushing through the chapters.

P.S. I didn't farm diamonds in different accounts, all my diamond sources were permanently running 4x Wishing Wells and chapter quests, that was it (before the Spire).
@MinMax Gamer You have my attention now. IS there anything crazy you did to advance so quickly? Say, I push tourneys as much as I can, and just scout and clear provinces at a normal speed. I've looked ahead, and the big thing seems to be KP since research cost so much the higher chapter you're at. Whats your way to get around that, or is there any other way to get KP that's reliable?

Deleted User - 3932582

@MinMax Gamer You have my attention now. IS there anything crazy you did to advance so quickly? Say, I push tourneys as much as I can, and just scout and clear provinces at a normal speed. I've looked ahead, and the big thing seems to be KP since research cost so much the higher chapter you're at. Whats your way to get around that, or is there any other way to get KP that's reliable?
Not really. Most of the chapters before 15 are about 2000 KPs worth of research, so you only need to average about 65 KP a day. That's not hard to do playing tournaments weekly. It's much harder to keep that pace with guest race productions. You want to run the right setups, with the best relative ratios so you don't over or underproduce.

Momonar

I averaged about 6 months per chapter for the last 4 chapters (including Exiles), so call it 183 days. However, I only play in 2 servers (arendyll, and felyndryl) so game time could be concentrated.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
And latest chapters 16, 17, 18 took about 3-3.5 months, with ch19 taking 4-5 months.
Then you're racing compared to me! I've been in Chapter 17 since late February and I have 7 techs more to go. The reason is, of course, that I wasn't willing to tear up half my city to devote to a guest race. I only have 3 or 4 small ships of each (the SMALL are still BIG!) 1 large ship of each and of course the three main ships. That's nowhere near enough to finish quickly, but it still takes up more than 400 squares of space and I begrudge giving that behemoth more. So I'll probably be here until October ... so that's 7 or 8 months for this chapter, and of course, I practically live here so I'm collecting the one-hour collections. I collect maybe 8x or more a day. I feel sorry for the people who can only be on once or twice a day.

In truth, the reason I have so little space is because I still cater half the time. If I fought all the time, I could get rid of a lot of my factories. But no, I don't wanna, lol. People often look at all my factories and say "Wow, you must have millions of goods!" Nope ... I don't. I have less than a million of several and I'm not up to two million on anything. They always tell me I should get rid of some factories. They don't know how I prefer to play in spire and tourney, and how little goods I actually have despite my many factories. So I guess I'll not worry about chapter progression and just keep playing as I choose. Watching paint dry is not the most fun, but I still enjoy everything else.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Darielle I wouldn't say you have too many factories, I see that many on lots of towns. As someone who generally only logs in twice a day that chapter took forever, I forgot precisely how long but best guess would be say 8-9months for ch 17 and again for 18. The game isn't designed for a casual player in the later chapters, it gets harder and harder.

The numbers I hear from people on those later chapters is closer to 6 months than 3 months. Previously 3months was pretty standard, portal profits of course sped this up for earlier chapters.

Alram

Flippers just flip
In truth, the reason I have so little space is because I still cater half the time. If I fought all the time, I could get rid of a lot of my factories. But no, I don't wanna, lol. People often look at all my factories and say "Wow, you must have millions of goods!" Nope ... I don't. I have less than a million of several and I'm not up to two million on anything. They always tell me I should get rid of some factories. They don't know how I prefer to play in spire and tourney, and how little goods I actually have despite my many factories. So I guess I'll not worry about chapter progression and just keep playing as I choose. Watching paint dry is not the most fun, but I still enjoy everything else.
Did you ever have millions of goods? I'm only in ch10 but I want all the millions someday. :)

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Did you ever have millions of goods? I'm only in ch10 but I want all the millions..
I fight almost everything, so I have the millions and millions. On average, I might cater 2 to 4 tournament encounters a week when there is a especially bad lineup of enemy troops. Have not catered in the spire for nearly a year. Not catering much really let me build up stockpiles. But this did not happen for me until the later chapters. When I was in ch 10, I was still catering a good bit. Combat gets MUCH easier as you advance more. In ch 10 you are still missing many of the key unit promotions and several of the military AWs. The final key AW for a fighting strategy is Simia Sapiens (bonus to troop production) at the end of ch 14. The final key 3 star unit promotions are Rangers and Faineant Frogs and those do not happen until ch 15. However there are other military AWs and many unit promotions you will get before these chapters. So take heart, you will get there. Just keep your head down and keep advancing!