• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How many staffs do you still need?

Guurt The Destroyer

I will make the final grand prize, but it won't be because of anything I did. It will just be due to dumb luck that I had no control over.

There is no skill in getting lucky. The event is just standard gambling on the outcome of random events.

At no point did anything I do change that fact. Straight up gambling.

The strategy part of the event comes in to play for me by figuring out how to use the event to progress my city, and/or figuring out efficient ways to progress.

But getting the grand prize. That was just luck. No skill or strategy required.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Down to needing 18 more staffs after doing tonight's quest. So 3 more quests and 4 more daily rewards of 35, plus four days of collecting around town, gives me maybe 400 more to spend. If I get lucky and get a lot of 18 and 45 beacons, I will just get the final building.

qaccy

I'm 9 staves away with 5 quests left to complete plus uh...3 daily bonuses and whatever I pick up around my city? I'm definitely going to complete the set. I hit the knowledge prizes several times while I was selecting beacons. Not sure whether I was 'lucky' with them or not, all I know is I got plenty of currency to finish the set with.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I will make the final grand prize, but it won't be because of anything I did. It will just be due to dumb luck that I had no control over.

There is no skill in getting lucky. The event is just standard gambling on the outcome of random events.

At no point did anything I do change that fact. Straight up gambling.

The strategy part of the event comes in to play for me by figuring out how to use the event to progress my city, and/or figuring out efficient ways to progress.

But getting the grand prize. That was just luck. No skill or strategy required.
Every event with the 3 chest system is heavily influenced by luck. But players seem to love this system. The postal box system used in Winter Magic involves more skill. Players seem to be ok with this system. The system used in last year's Halloween event also had a good bit of strategy involved. But it seems like most players hated it. I think it is a pity. I really liked the Misty Forest event...

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Unless I’m fortunate enough to win bonus scrolls I will be short 25 staffs in 2 cities and 21 in another.
My smallest city entered ch 4 tonight. I’ve won 1170 bonus scrolls and have a complete set. I should be able to get 1 more grand prize.
My largest city (ch 11) won 800 bonus scrolls (plus the 100 from the email) and is on course to finish with 5 extra staffs.
Update: It looks like I’ll be short 13 in Arendyll and 20 in Winyandor.
So far should end up ahead in Felyndral +5, Sinya Arda +25, Ceravyn +25.
Won some bonus scrolls in Ceravyn and was able to finish the set in that city.

Guurt The Destroyer

I just got 200 bonus SK on two 89 SK Beacons. One right after the other. So now there is literally no way I can't get all the pieces. I might even get 8 pieces.

Again, total luck.

I now need 20 staffs for the last piece of the set and I still have 1000 SK left to spend, and I have yet to complete today's quest. I guess I will now just gamble as much as possible going for as much free SK as I can.

I suspect that the cut off for Silver will end up around 270 or maybe even 280. I imagine there are countless people that have yet to spend their SK. Will be interesting to see where the final cut off lands. If people start to spend a lot of gems at the end I guess it could even get as high as 300.

Gladiola

congratulations @crackie

I need 37 more staffs and have 467 currency left, plus what I will get for the remaining two quests and bonuses, about 180, so I will have about 600-700 currency with which to get 37 staffs. It's going to be a squeaker, but I hope I might make it. Silver league on Arendyll world is at 258 staffs, so basically 5% of active players will have a complete set by today, with two days left in the event. Some may be saving currency of course. (Thanks to @SoggyShorts for catching my reversal of words.)

Last edited:

BrinDarby

530, 582, 607 currency left , need 40 more pts for the forge
( 52 hrs left for drops ) + @best another 135 in dailys/last task

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It will take me to the final quest, and final daily 35, but I will just barely make 260 and complete the set. And I even won back about 1100-1200 extra SK. I also did not pick nearly as many 18 or 45 beacons on Live as I did on Beta, where I finished with 297 staffs, plus 4 more staffs because I did a single purchase of SK to get that 2nd marble building.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The unlucky city is at 230 with 40 currency left and a locked quest.
Over 2,000 diamonds to buy enough currency to get the final piece.
For a silver spire player that's a few months of savings.

As long as no one gets screwed by RNG more than twice a year this new system should work wonderfully... :rolleyes: