• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How many troop losses is too much?

Smooper

So there is an acceptable amount of losses of your troops for each player. I would guess with smaller squads it could be the loss of more troops compared to larger squads where there are more units in each squad. What amount of troops are you willing to lose in a battle before you say, "too much"?

Zoof

I think the answer lies somewhere between "Until I run out" and "Just enough so I run out by the end of the tourney/spire run that week"

Mirai

I'm still new enough to not have as good a solid feel for how far I can push, especially now that I'm getting dwarven armorers and 2x2 "unleashed" boost expiring buildings in the Spire and occasionally in the MA, so others' mileage may vary.
I fight until first Defeat and then cater, and measure my progress in how many more steps I can take fighting per week before catering, in both Tourney and Spire. I'm playing on iPad, so it's instant batch fights, which pleases me fine. This approach seems to net me performance well above grade in the tourneys (over 3000 at starting Chapter VII, and over 2500 in Chapter VI) and I'm greeting the Frog or a little better each week in the Spire. That said, I could stand to take a little breather sooner in one (my slightly larger) city, where I run at close to dust in some troops, and use time boosters to quickly train batches of troops just to keep up with myself. If someone else told me of this issue, I'd say cater just a little sooner and build up some backlog of troops. Perhaps I'll take my own advice, grin!

StarLoad

Everyone's level of comfort with troop loss is unique to their city and setup. Loss in the spire can be more than the tourney until you go deep into the tourney.
What amount of troops are you willing to lose in a battle before you say, "too much"?
If I win the battle then I am satisfied, and I know I will replace any lost units in due time, I make troops24/7.
If someone else told me of this issue, I'd say cater just a little sooner and build up some backlog of troops. Perhaps I'll take my own advice, grin!
I tell everyone in my FS to cater until they are in O&G at the minimum and to fight only to learn how to do it in low provinces in the tourney where you are not out-numbered and out-matched by 3* troops and for the spire only the first 4 or maybe 8.

Ed

Mykan

Oh Wise One
While I don't like losing 3+ squads or everything I don't look at losses by an individual battle. I know what my goals for that week are (so x tourney provinces) and as long as I know I can replace my losses for that week before the next week then I am happy. So it means I know if I can keep pushing in a tourny if I know I can still replace the troops should they lose. I also tend to not be put off by a bad loss in later tourny rounds and know I will also get some very low loss rounds too.

Lady Dastardly

It also depends on the tourney type for me, so I look at it over a longer period time than just a week. I know that I'm going to take heavier losses in certain tourneys with difficult match ups: scrolls or dust, for example. And some of it is race based: my human city struggles more in tourneys that use more heavy ranged because my mortars are hot garbage and my frogs aren't 3 star yet. Higher losses in those tourneys are expected and more acceptable, whereas in a marble tourney I expect my troop stack to actually be bigger at the end than at the beginning because it's very favorable. If I can maintain my weekly tourney score goal (7000+ pts) while only feeding Brownie once a month or less, I'm where I want to be.