• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much does one KP cost you?

DeletedUser20929

I have bought 3,266 KP with coin, which means they now cost 1,633,000 each, or not quite half-way between 5% and 10% instant.

do you have a calculator that goes between cost and count? I really want to see how many wolfsinger has bought :) enough to buy a wonder to level 30?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
do you have a calculator that goes between cost and count? I really want to see how many wolfsinger has bought :) enough to buy a wonder to level 30?
No. But the first one is 500, and they go up by 500 each time. So the current cost divided by 500 minus 1, is the number you've bought. (I rounded my actual cost (1633500) down to the thousand, rather than doing the minus one, because then I could just double 1633 in my head instead of dividing by 500)

DeletedUser20929

thanks :) I didn't think the formula would be that simple. I thought that they might go up by more once you can't see 500coins any more (or 1k, or 5k etc)

so, based on that math I have bought around 700 and wolfy has bought a level 22 golden abyss.

DeletedUser19723

My KP cost is 82,000 coins. I can get 3 for a 5% coin rain, with 39,000 coins left over. Doing the math - thanks Ashrem - I've bought 163 KP with coins.
I'm beginning Fairies most likely tomorrow, and have been playing 6 1/2 months.
I have a ton of coin instants. And why, I'm asking myself now, have I not bought a lot more KP than I have?
I think that "Saving for a rainy day" could be counter-productive. :eek:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The mistakes many people make is how much they need for a rainy day, and how many rainy days there will be. A few KP instatns are good to keep around for those "spend 20kp" quests, but other than that, I don't think more than about 100% total of each coin/supply is useful. There's going to be another event in about 2 weeks, with lots more chances to win more instants.

DeletedUser19723

I don't think more than about 100% total of each coin/supply is useful. There's going to be another event in about 2 weeks, with lots more chances to win more instants.
If I'm honest with myself, a major reason for not buying a lot of KPs is less to do with the coin instant use, but with what I read on the forum about what a lot (I guess) of players pay per KP. I see KP costs of over a million coins. Despite the reassurances that yes, one will be able to afford the cost because the incoming supply will match it at that point, I find it hard to believe. 1.5 million coins for one little KP? Aaack!

DeletedUser20929

I would trade a billion coins for a KP. what are coins for if not for buying kp? the 1000th kp is going to cost the same amount whether you buy it today or next year. and you might as well get the benefits of those KP for the next 12 months.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If I'm honest with myself, a major reason for not buying a lot of KPs is less to do with the coin instant use, but with what I read on the forum about what a lot (I guess) of players pay per KP. I see KP costs of over a million coins. Despite the reassurances that yes, one will be able to afford the cost because the incoming supply will match it at that point, I find it hard to believe. 1.5 million coins for one little KP? Aaack!

Here are a couple of late game, end of chapter 13 numbers for you, with the Main Hall at max level for the chapter. Each visitor who clicks on my MH gives me over 200k coins. Each person I visit, I get 60k coins. So 5 people visiting me or me visiting 17 people gets me enough to buy one KP at the cost of 1m coins, which is now what I am at after buying a few hundred KP to complete the first 6 or 7 researches in chapter 14 in one shot because I had the goods saved up. I burned up every single coin instant I had for that fast advance in my research and it was worth it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have bought 3,266 KP with coin, which means they now cost 1,633,000 each, or not quite half-way between 5% and 10% instant.
upload_2019-5-16_17-28-51.png

You be the judge. I've bought 28 more since I posted that four days ago. I have to buy at least 4-5 a day to prevent my Main Hall being full if i don't help anyone but my FS and a few neighbours who regularly return help.

DeletedUser2959

I got a lot of coin instants from purple chests and that felt like a big waste. But I can buy KP with coins, and I am not even in guest races, let alone tech locked, so I am going to buy a few KP. Like over 100. and it made me wonder what the value of these coin rains are to you - my esteemed forum readers and contributors!

Thanks for any input you have! :)

Just FYI, the % units give you a percent of your current capacity. Every time you upgrade your Main Hall that number increases. So the longer you save them the more they are worth.