• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much factory space do you have?

DeletedUser3507

Build army's heck yes, Also produce 2880 Orcs per day. 4 lvl 23 armories.
I average 180-190% boost.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I think I need to go and take a peek at some peoples towns :p:cool::rolleyes:

Elven town - Wood Elve era
All boosts are 729%
T1 - 54 squares (I could probably drop a factory to 36 squares but I prefer to be 40 or more and it helps with tournament catering)
T2 - 60 squares (don't need the extra factory for 20 squares but I have excess space/population etc, so why not)
T3 - 40 squares

T1 - 1,6M
T2 - 2.7M (is a function of the extra factory)
T3 - 1.1M

9 workshop and a lvl 3 prosperity towers. The 9th workshop was added late fairy or sometime in orcs

Edit: I personally have found the responses and conversations to be excellent and have decided to add a link to this thread from my guide so others can consider the many and varied approaches to this one aspect of the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Go ahead and peek, Winador.:p:D
I use magic workshops they out produce regular ones, So i can have less workshops.
With boost they produce 16k -18k per hr.@ 180%-190%

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4778

I've taken a number of peeks at all your cities. :D I learned the most about city design from some advanced cities when I was starting out. I still visit other people's cities when my rank changes because I like to see if there's anything else I can learn. I've fiddled with layouts before that use Soggy's scheme before I ever saw his city but gave them up since I couldn't figure out how maximize space in later city plans. However, it is even more efficient use of space than what I currently have so I haven't given up on it yet.

My city's currently a mess right now due to Flurry and I forgot one crucial space-saving thing I was planning so I'll have to wait for the next expansion or after Flurry is over to do it. Honestly, I think I couldn't have gotten away with such few workshops that aren't maxed out and the many factories that I have if it weren't for the fact that my quests were stuck 1-2 chapters behind until now. But at least I can now shift my focus to workshops now that I have my goods and boosts up to what I consider a decent level. The first to go will probably be a gems factory.

I'm a bit leery about selling factories because I've noticed that negotiation costs really jump from ring to ring and I saw (and saved) someone's comments about how much it cost to negotiate Ring 15 and 17 provinces. However, after seeing more advanced players' comments, I think I can safely sell off some factories even though my boosts are lower. I ideally wouldn't like to sell them off since my FS is lowest in my goods but it's no use to have all these factories if my workshops can't support them.

I have a question about quests as related to goods production. Now that I'm in dwarves, the quests are produce 4000 Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 which is an even much bigger jump than previous quests' numbers. I don't produce that much in a 3-hour run except for marble. The others require a 9-hour run. I always viewed such numbers as guidelines for how many goods my city should be producing in a certain chapter. Am I wrong in thinking this?

EDIT: Ugh. Should've checked way before since Mykan has the list but I will definitely have to do some reshuffling since quest rewards offer more coins but way fewer supplies. I can still keep my head above the water with my current setup but I like to generate more supplies due to tourney and guest race demands.

DeletedUser3297

I have a question about quests as related to goods production. Now that I'm in dwarves, the quests are produce 4000 Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 which is an even much bigger jump than previous quests' numbers. I don't produce that much in a 3-hour run except for marble. The others require a 9-hour run. I always viewed such numbers as guidelines for how many goods my city should be producing in a certain chapter. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I use this as a guide for my 3 hour runs too. So far, in Felyndral, I can do that for tier 1 and 2. However, if I upgraded my tier 3 to do that, I would not be able to accumulate enough supplies to support it. I am planning on adding 2 more workshops so I can finally be done with cycling quests. I used to do the advance tools/coins quest 5 times every 3 hours, but now I just do it once every 3 hours. In my Arendyll city, I don't cycle quests, don't need the goods/supplies there. What is interesting though, those quests have something to do with your level of manufactories. That town is in the same era, but the goods collections quests there are only 1200, not the 4000 that it is for Felyndral.

Edit: Just cycled through the quests in Arendyll. It's in chapter 6, one tech away from copper. The goods quests are as follows:
Gain 1200 Steel
Gain 900 Crystal
Gain 600 Elixir

Interestingly there, I can do that twice every 3 hours for all 3 tiers.

In Felyndral, it's 4000 for all.

DeletedUser4778

I use this as a guide for my 3 hour runs too. So far, in Felyndral, I can do that for tier 1 and 2. However, if I upgraded my tier 3 to do that, I would not be able to accumulate enough supplies to support it. I am planning on adding 2 more workshops so I can finally be done with cycling quests. I used to do the advance tools/coins quest 5 times every 3 hours, but now I just do it once every 3 hours. In my Arendyll city, I don't cycle quests, don't need the goods/supplies there. What is interesting though, those quests have something to do with your level of manufactories. That town is in the same era, but the goods collections quests there are only 1200, not the 4000 that it is for Felyndral.

Edit: Just cycled through the quests in Arendyll. It's in chapter 6, one tech away from copper. The goods quests are as follows:
Gain 1200 Steel
Gain 900 Crystal
Gain 600 Elixir

Interestingly there, I can do that twice every 3 hours for all 3 tiers.

In Felyndral, it's 4000 for all.

I think it's dependent on the chapter questlines you're on. I did 1200/900/600 at the same frequency as you (twice per goods type every 3 hours for the goods quests) until I hit the Dwarves questline today and now it's 4,000 all which means I can do the goods quest thing only once per 3 hours and only for marble and the Advanced Tools 2x + X Coins only once every 3 hours unless I'm giving NH which will give an additional 4 to 5. I don't mind that it results in less clicking but I will look into upgrading workshops to generate more supplies once I'm done with Flurry and next week's tourney. However, I don't like what I view as very small returns on upgrading workshops so I'll see first how well my system can withstand the current demands.

DeletedUser3297

Ahh, makes sense. I had a story quest that wanted me to have a superior workshop which I didn't do for months. There was no reason to throw my city out of balance for a quest. Finally I have moved past that, but I am not close to Dwarven quests yet.

DeletedUser975

Tier1 144 squares
Tier2 156 squares (soon to be 160)
Tier3 120 squares

I'm working on maxxing out 2 workshops, mainly to use PoP spells on. I might upgrade these to magic workshops eventually. The rest of my supplies are generated by questing and the use of smaller 2X2 workshops. I never rely on culture bonuses.

tier1 goods approx. 1.2 million
tier2 goods approx 1.4 million
tier3 goods approx 0.5 million

My army currently has approx 105,000 troops total

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I use magic workshops they out produce regular ones, So i can have less workshops.
I've been loathe to spend diamonds for anything other than some expansions, but I'm curious, with the magic residences and factories, do you need more diamonds to upgrade them, or once built do they upgrade as everything else with resources and population?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I've been loathe to spend diamonds for anything other than some expansions, but I'm curious, with the magic residences and factories, do you need more diamonds to upgrade them, or once built do they upgrade as everything else with resources and population?

You do need diamonds or blueprints. We are still to learn more about the blueprints and have been told they wil be a reward in the new tournament system next year, also to learn more about that.

I have generally assumed people have posted normal workshops, I would expect a magic workshop to alter the balance of what is needed although i have not checked by how much. It will be good to identify between them if applicable.

DeletedUser1901

Human City in Era 8 - Orcs - Arendyll
8 workshops - (2 @ lvl 20 and 6 @ lvl 19) 134k supplies on hand.
18 spaces tier 1 (4 - lvl 19 Planks), 125K goods on hand, 501% boost
20 spaces tier 2 (4 - 2 @ lvl 17 & 2 @ lvl 19 Silk), 210k goods on hand, 501% boost
20 spaces tier 3 (4 - lvl 15 Magic Dust), 150k goods on hand, 501% boost (had over 200k going into the Snow Flurry event, this and the Orcs Era has drained supplies).

Elf City in Era 8 - Orcs - Khelonaar
8 workshops - (2 @ lvl 20 and 6 @ lvl 19) 196k supplies on hand.
60 spaces tier 1 (6 - lvl 19 Planks), 185K goods on hand, 529% boost
20 spaces tier 2 (4 - lvl 19 Silk), 145k goods on hand, 557% boost
60 spaces tier 3 (3 - lvl 15 Magic Dust), 90k goods on hand, 501% boost (had over 200k going into the Snow Flurry event, again - this and the Orcs Era has drained supplies). I believe there is a higher demand for my goods in this city than on my human city.

I run my manufacturing as close to 24/7 as I can - 9 hr production over night and 3 hr productions during the day. Normally I only have issues with coin and supplies in the beginning of an Era during the build up of guest race buildings that deplete resources rapidly.

DeletedUser3507

Yes you do have a diamond cost to upgrade, I belive mine was 320 diamonds from magic 7 to 8.
For workshops, I know residences were that.

Mykan my city has 4 magic workshops, for what they do at 180% up its a no brainer. reg lvl 21 is 3132, magic 8 is 5580 without boost, with 1 hr boost 16,740.

So one magic on boost = 5 regular lvl 21's.
In Chapter 8 I see it as a necessity considering Orc production cost, plus factories.
And in chapter 8 activation cost is way out rageous if you don't use them. It will take you much longer without them.

Thats without AW boost, since I find them as Inno's Venus fly-traps for KP's.

DeletedUser3686

1. How many squares of factory space does your town have? 160
  2. By good type - basic, crafted, magical? (tier 1,2,3) Basic: 72 Crafted: 48 Magical: 40
  3. If not boosted only some distinction of space between boost/non-boost I only produce boosted goods
  4. Town era Just entered Dwarves
  5. Approx stock of goods? by good type? Varies. Typically I have about 1/3 more boosted than non-boosted. When I place trades I try to even out my stock. So usually around 25-30K basic, 15-20K crafted, 5-10K Magical
  6. Workshops to sustain this, total workshops is fine, no need to count squares If I dip below my typical stock, it usually only takes a day or two to get back where I was before. Sometimes a little more if I spend a lot of goods in a tournament for one of my boosted goods.
  7. Anything else you feel is relevant
    • Boost %
    • Steel 391%, Scrolls 453%, Magic Dust 482%

My best advice regarding building manufacturies and keeping a good stock is the 8-3-2 ratio, only creating boosted goods, and then focusing on getting as many relics for those boosted goods as possible. I usually do the first few levels every week since I make a lot of spells and I like getting the extra KPs. I only go hog wild in the tournaments if it's a boosted type though since those relics end up being really valuable in the game. The better the boosts, the less manufacturies you need taking up space, culture, and population.

Edit: This is an elf city.

DeletedUser3507

I do the 8-5-5 one as does my fellowship.
And have no problems staying maxed.
Elf city in chapter 8.

DeletedUser3507

Lets see I have 54.675 k spare culture and run at 180% to 200% depending on need.
7 Ponds
3 Temples of Seeds
2 Giant Snails Plus alot of classy lanterns.
2 Grab rap mushrooms, a tent & halloween items.
1 Snow Flake Mtn.

Note only 9 5x5 left for adding to my city.
I do the sidequest that are mandatory, but looping ones no most are not possible, Have all buildings maxed so upgrade a building and such are declined.

Currently #219 th In Winador not to bad for starting on 1st of March 2016.

DeletedUser2824

I'll probably weigh in after I've completed the main quest line for the snow flurry. As is it's hard to tell how I'm doing as the event taps into a lot of resources. Besides, I'm going to be doing a lot of upgrading and re-arranging then as well. I'm loving your guys's discussion though. I've been trying do find more information about how many factories to build since my puppies have been trying to figure that out and I've been wondering myself. So after the flurry ends I'll be re-arranging and watching my cities to see what I'm doing right or wrong.

Jixel

1. How many squares of factory space does your town have? By good type - basic, crafted, magical? (tier 1,2,3)
  2. If not boosted only some distinction of space between boost/non-boost
  3. Town era
  4. Approx stock of goods? by good type?
  5. Workshops to sustain this, total workshops is fine, no need to count squares.
  6. Anything else you feel is relevant
    • Boost %
Answering for 4 cities here - all are in Woodelves era, all have boosted factories only.
EN1 city has had a number of premium expansions, US1 has 4, the other two none. Also, only the EN2 city is in the "right" area for conquered provinces (just over 190), the others have 270ish (US1/ZZ1) or 320 (EN1), and province encounters are negotiate-only now.
At the moment, all cities run at 100% culture - sometimes that reaches 125% with NH.

Qs 1 & 5 :
US1: T1 - 82 sq, T2 - 60 sq, T3 60 sq, 12 Workshops (mostly L20/21)
EN1: T1 - 90 sq. T2 - 80 sq. T3 - 100 sq. 20 Workshops (L20/21, 1x22)
EN2: T1 - , T2 - 80 sq, T3 - 40 sq. 11 Workshops (L20/21, 3x22)
ZZ1 (Beta): T1 - 66 sq, T2 - 60 sq, T3, 60 sq. 11 Workshops (L20/21)

Q4 :
US1: Depends on how trades are going, approx 100k of each boosted good, 20-50k of non-boosted, but the Flurry events are taking a toll (negotiating tournament, buying KP, negotiating provinces - those 24 relic quests are a killer when I can't fight provinces :) ).
EN1: Normally 100-200k of everything - before Woodelves, recent province negotiations, and this event, stocks were 400k+ across everything.
EN2: Anywhere from 10-100k, depending on techs unlocked recently, trades made, etc.
ZZ1: 300k+ of boosted goods, around 50-100k non-boosted, falling behind a bit in trades.

Q6:
US1: Maximum boost in T2, 644 T1, 547 T3.
EN1: Maximum boost + level 11 Mountain Halls for all tiers (773%)
EN2: 500%+ for all tiers.
ZZ1: Maximum T1, 650% T2, 550% T3 (includes Mountain Halls)

Final note - I gave up on repeatable quests quite a while back. I normally run 2 x 9 hours productions on workshops and goods each day (sometimes not all of the goods factories, if supplies are running down a bit - e.g. when upgrading residences through Orcs and Woodelves, levels 19 to 23, each one needs over 100k supplies - throw in some of the ridiculous costs to activate research in Woodelves - 165k supplies here, 250k supplies there, pretty soon we're talking ... a lot of supplies ! And I run barracks sometimes, just trying to keep enough troops around for tournaments mostly - EN1/US1/ZZ1 can't win any actual province fights now, so that's all their troops are for anyway ...)

Thistleknot

I'm playing the Elves and I am about half way though Age 9 (Wood Elves). I produce only boosted goods. I am currently upgrading my residencies, tier-1 manufactories, and the main hall, but the space should be pretty accurate. Boosts have a 17% bonus from the Mountain Halls.

Tier-1 (6 @ level 20, 670% boost) 108 spaces
Tier-2 (3 @ level 19, 700% boost) 60 spaces
Tier-3 (3 @ level 19, 700% boost) 60 spaces
Workshop (10 @ level 23) 200 spaces
Barracks (level 25) 35 spaces
Armory (4 @ level 23) 100 spaces
Residency (50 @ level 20/21) 600 spaces
Wonders 167 spaces
Culture approximately 356 spaces, but that is changing with the Flurry Event
Rest is roads and open space
Total available space is 2100 spaces.

Average level of Goods
Tier-1: 679K
Tier-2: 682K
Tier-3: 573K

On average, I keep around 17 squads of each type of troop that I produce. I am low on Orcs and Dryads because I haven't had a chance to build these up. I fight through the tournaments for as long as I can. I will negotiate some, especially at the fifth and sixth rounds. I am still fighting in some provinces as well. I'm currently about 50% fighting/50% negotiating, depending on the province type.

I do 3-hour goods productions through the day and 9-hour ones overnight. I do 1-hour supplies productions through the day and 9-hour ones overnight. I will intersperse 3-hour productions of supplies depending on my day.

I do use spells periodically and tend to have my academy running regularly.

I do the quests regularly, only skipping a few. I will skip "Upgrade a workshop" because all my workshops are fully upgraded.

I think that covers everything.

DeletedUser2824

After the flurry ended I was quick to use the long-tied-up space to starting working on some much needed upgrades. Now that most are complete I'm poor, but have been keeping a close eye on my output to see what else needs to done. In the town I'm currently describing, I've noticed many variables that effect my needs, and as such will be noting them to add understanding to why I feel the way I do about my factory space.

First, the basics:
I'm over halfway through chapter six.
Now that I was able to upgrade my basic factories to level 19, I found I was able to tear down two and keep four for a total of 60 square feet. (marble at 501% relic boost and max culture boost gives me 1,070 every three hours)
My crafted goods are at level 15 and I've built up four of them for a total of 48 square feet of space. (crystal, 453%, max cult gives me 603 every three hours)
My magic goods are also level 15 and I have 3 of them for 48 square feet of space. (elixir, 501%, max cult gives me 878 every three hours)

At the moment I have six level 15 workshops and am working on building up two more. Upgrades have left me poor so at the moment I have no idea if that's enough or not.

Right now I'm doing excellent with tier one, but am having a hard time with tiers two and three. I'm planning on building up one each of tiers two and three again.

Some variables that are effecting my needs:
My city is humans.
Due to people coming and going, all of my boosted goods have been in high demand by my fellowship. We are a mixed fellowship, with me being one of the middle score players. A lot of our high score fellows who had these boosts have left for varying reasons, and as such we've been low on these goods a lot lately. High score players can be hard to replace. :/
My neighbors also seem in need of my boosts, so no help there in building up my inventory.
I rarely have time to fight (or try and re-learn how), so I usually cater and negotiate.

Also, my play-style enjoys the challenge of space and trades. I personal like the challenge of finding the best way to utilize my space, and still come out feeling rich. I enjoy the marketing game that has me wheeling and dealing in the trader with fellows and neighbors to keep the goods moving and benefiting all parties. As such, I care less about rank and score and prefer to find ways to maximize my output over anything else (and in the end that would include troops, but right now my factories and gold take precedence). Katwijk's strategy would drive me nuts, as I'm sure mine would him. ;) And no, I don't use diamonds and don't have a lot of expansions.