• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much factory space do you have?

DeletedUser2870

Playing as elf.
Woodelves chapter (finished the chapter today)
All boosts at 700%. + a lvl 4 mountain halls
8 wood, maxed
4 silk, maxed
4 gems, maxed
12 workshops, maxed.

Generally, I have supplies left over to use the wholesaler, though at some points the 12 workshops+ the tower of prosperity lvl 6 were just enough.
But I only run 9 hour and 24 hour productions for everything since the game is loosing its appeal.
With shorter productions its easier. I only use spells when the supplies are going below what I deem as minimum, but that seldom happens.

Goods
2 mil wood, and about 750K of each of the other tier 1 goods.
1,5 mil silk, and about 650K of the other tier 2 goods each.
1 mil gems, and about 500K of the other tier 3 goods each.

With about 370 provinces conquered and another 15 scouted but not yet conquered I have to negotiate since fighting is impossible. When running shorttime productions this is easy enough, the long runs have been steadily decreasing my stock the last month or 2.

Troops : about 50 squads of the basic units and about 40 squads of the cerberus. Rest I dont want nor need. Troops are used only for tournaments.
Only 1 armory left, building orcs at 24 hour runs to keep increasing the supply since its hard to estimate the amount needed in the future.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Mykan I like your way of analyzing goods requirements, as squares, since the buildings between good type and race for T1 vary so much. So for the earlier chapters before getting into the guest races (4-6) how many squares would you devote to T1 & T2 factories respectively? I'm currently playing 3 cities (all elves) and have one using each of the T1 goods. The T2 goods seem to be pretty even, with some minor differences in how far each research upgrade will let you take them, but not so drastically different that I think it would matter. I fight some but tend to cater.

My first city in chapter 4 has 7 superior steel and I was thinking of building another as I seem to always be short on T1 goods. It has 8 WS that are either lvl 9 or 10 giving me room for growth as needed. My other 2 (started at the same time) are in chapter 3 and have 12 factories (planks and marble) that are still advanced level (2x2). Those cities seem to be doing better with T1 supply but they also had fortuitous timing with the tournaments for those boosts that the first city did not so that is no doubt helping them. They each have 6 WS still at lvl 5 on average. All have (or will have) 3 T2 factories either crystal or silk currently advanced level. I generally don't have problems with supply shortages in any of my cities. When I need extra supplies during big growth spurts I run some PoP spells to make up for the temporary jump in supply requirements.

So when all the T1 factories are superior that will be 72 squares for the planks and marble. The steel city currently has 63 squares for steel and I was thinking I need another factory to bring that up to 72 as well.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote was from another thread but better suited to here.

Surprisingly I have found 40 squares per tier works very well from early on and does not need to change. I am guessing from roughly chapter 3 but certainly up to chapter 10 the same space requirements hold true if you keep upgrading the factories. What can change is your game play. Anyone keen on tournaments I would suggest a stronger T1 and T2 space allocation, these also place minimal pressure on coins and supplies. Increasing T3 factory size can vary the balance with workshops very quickly. A person who also aggressively scouts may have different needs.

As some have suggested in this thread 60 squares for T1 and T2 goods can be a good option with tournament catering. You of course have to balance how much you do in tournaments but the extra production gives you more choice while maintain critical stock of goods so you do not get tech locked. The more space you allocate the more likely population limits will come into play as you progress especially with T3 goods and any guest race upgrades (level 16+). You will see the approach of different players in this thread.

You mention one town is short on T1 and often that is all you need to do is identify the issue and just build an extra factory. If your town can;t support it then you may need to look at your spending. Sometimes that extra factory might also only need to be temporary or low level for a short term boost. I know one person who always found their goods for a certain tier depleted with certain guest races. For example dwarves is T1 focused in demand and in improvements and for Fairies it is T2 and orcs T3. So you may find you have a temporary factory space that rotates with the guest race to support the increased demand on that tier. Personally it was not an issue for me but if it is an issue its a good idea to try.

For chapters 1-2 I would recommend 20 squares of space and increasing it. I have not been able to test this too thoroughly but have tested 20 squares for T1 from chapter 1.

DeletedUser7370

I might be an extreme example. I have exactly one manufactory in each tier. I used to have 2 tier 3 manufactories but I determined that the space would be necessary as I headed into Dwarves, Chapter 6, and I had to upgrade one of them to superior grade. I am not in any way lacking for goods. I traded goods for a profit when I was starting, shifted to balanced trades, and progessed to trading at a "loss".

The goods needed to progress from one chapter to another are actually very slim compared to how much most people develop.

DeletedUser7370

Wow, just 3 total goods buildings? Do you use troops to do tournaments and provinces? What do you do with all of your space?
Yes, troops all the way. Most of the space goes to culture to maintain a 60% bonus. That keeps the coins and supplies flowing quickly with fewer houses (20) and workshops (8) . I devote a lot of space to armories (4) and wonders (all to MM), and actually figure I need to get up to 6 armories to be able to have the barracks run constantly when I am at work or sleeping. I am also currently reserving 3 expansions to start dwarves and expect that to increase to 6 shortly after starting the chapter.

InvincibleRailroad

I want to add my city to this so I may get some much needed suggestions, but I do not understand the terms that are being used, such as T 1, Tier 2 and so on. I am close to starting Level 6, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I want to add my city to this so I may get some much needed suggestions, but I do not understand the terms that are being used, such as T 1, Tier 2 and so on. I am close to starting Level 6, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

The reference to tiers or T1, T2, T3 typically refers to manufacturing buildings:
Tier 1 (T1) or basic goods - Marble, Planks, Steel
Tier 2 (T2) or Crafted goods - Silk, Scrolls, Crystal
Tier 3 (T3) or Magical goods - Magic Dust, Gems, Elixir

You refer to starting level 6, I assume you mean chapter or era 6 (Dwarves) in the tech tree. As levels are used for buildings it can get confusing. Every game has its own language. :)

InvincibleRailroad

Getting ready to start Chapter 6 (Dwarves) soon, and want to make sure I am properly prepared. Here is my city info:
Human in Winyandar
I keep the culture at 100% to keep space available.

Residences: 22 level 15, 2 magic level 5
T1: 3, marble, level 15
T2: 3, crystal, level 15
T3: 3, gems, level 8

Work shops: 6, level 15, 2 magic level 5
Armories: 4, level 12
Main Hall: Level 13

Goods in storage:
Marble 14674
Steel 0
Planks 21
Crystal 9476
Scrolls 863
Silk 5359
Elixir 64
Dust 2651
Gems 1758

Barracks level 8
Training Grounds level 5

Open squares 155 and I will have 5 additional expansions soon
Please let me know if you need any additional info. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

DeletedUser7370

Getting ready to start Chapter 6 (Dwarves) soon, and want to make sure I am properly prepared. Here is my city info:
Human in Winyandar
I keep the culture at 100% to keep space available.

Residences: 22 level 15, 2 magic level 5
T1: 3, marble, level 15
T2: 3, crystal, level 15
T3: 3, gems, level 8

Work shops: 6, level 15, 2 magic level 5
Armories: 4, level 12
Main Hall: Level 13

Goods in storage:
Marble 14674
Steel 0
Planks 21
Crystal 9476
Scrolls 863
Silk 5359
Elixir 64
Dust 2651
Gems 1758

Barracks level 8
Training Grounds level 5

Open squares 155 and I will have 5 additional expansions soon
Please let me know if you need any additional info. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Focus on leveling up your gems factories. If you need space/population get rid of 2 of the marble first. The logic behind this is that the most valuable commodity in the game is actually time. If you do single 3 hour runs in your gems and marble you will see the cost per good, with the boost removed, would be 16 times the coins and supplies. Key thing both runs are 3 hours. If the times 3 hours on the marble and 48 hours on gems then the gems would actually be costing 16 times as much. If you do remove some of the marble factories then trade your gems for the T1 goods.

Assuming humans and elves have the same values for Chapter 6 researches, you will need 31500 T1 goods, 86800 T2 goods, and 95600 T3 goods; along with 733700 granite and 18300 copper. You might want to save your goods and try to make more use of the military.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@InvincibleRailroad I provided a detailed response in your other thread.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/can-not-upgrade-residence.6302/#post-56667

Focus on leveling up your gems factories. If you need space/population get rid of 2 of the marble first. The logic behind this is that the most valuable commodity in the game is actually time. If you do single 3 hour runs in your gems and marble you will see the cost per good, with the boost removed, would be 16 times the coins and supplies. Key thing both runs are 3 hours. If the times 3 hours on the marble and 48 hours on gems then the gems would actually be costing 16 times as much. If you do remove some of the marble factories then trade your gems for the T1 goods.

Assuming humans and elves have the same values for Chapter 6 researches, you will need 31500 T1 goods, 86800 T2 goods, and 95600 T3 goods; along with 733700 granite and 18300 copper. You might want to save your goods and try to make more use of the military.

The warning here are many people do not like to trade cross tier especially T1 to T3 so you need to be sure your fellowship and neighbours will pick up the demand. Many players get even more annoyed with cross tier trades if people posting them have insufficient T1 factories to support themselves and are then considered to be taking advantage of others. This isn't to say you can't do it but there are risks.

Considering he has close to 40 squares of space for each goods tier he is doing quite well from a production standpoint and will not be running short of goods unless he does a lot of tournament catering.

InvincibleRailroad

Thank You for your reply!
1. I am researching now for superior Gem manufactories.
2. I have 155 free squares now and will soon have an additional 5 expansions, and I have 2593 population. Should I still get rid of 2 marble?
3. I do 3 hour runs as much as possible then 9 hour while I sleep and work.
4. I will work on increasing the military.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Thank You for your reply!
2. I have 155 free squares now and will soon have an additional 5 expansions, and I have 2593 population. Should I still get rid of 2 marble?

My advice is do not get rid of your marble factories, aim to maintain at least 40 squares of factory space for them. When you get the dwarven upgrade they grow in size so you might downsize the number of factories but not the space. I strongly suggest reading about the issues people have with cross-tier trading before taking a deliberate strategy that relies on this. Or alternative create a thread on cross tier trades and see what people respond.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I notice this is an older thread but with the changes that have happened in the last year new statistics might be useful to you.

F World - Elves, I always run elves

I am on the last research of Dwarves ( wonder dwarf )

My factories are set up thusly

T1: Steel, Max Boost - 4 lvl 19, 1 lvl 18 total space 15x25
T2: Scroll Max Boost - 5 lvl 13, 1 lvl 15 total space 24 x 24
T3: Dust Max Boost - 2 lvl 10, total space 10x8 (I'm starting to have some trouble keeping up with Dust. I'm going to have to upgrade)

I started the week with my goods at T1 450K, T2 300K, T3 120K
I went hard on this week's tourny, by Saturday all my goods will be depleted

WS 5 lvl 15, 2 lvl 17

House 32 lvl 17 current available pop, 251 - Total pop 22360

My Culture sits at 150% unbuffed, is usually at 160% from visits

Armory lvl 17
Barracks lvl 16
Main Hall lvl 17

Something you haven't asked for
but just to be complete

AWs

Lighthouse 8
Monastery 5
GA 16
EE 7
ToS 1
Needle 7
Watchtower 1
Throne 3

That should give you plenty to work with

The warning here are many people do not like to trade cross tier especially T1 to T3 so you need to be sure your fellowship and neighbours will pick up the demand. Many players get even more annoyed with cross tier trades if people posting them have insufficient T1 factories to support themselves and are then considered to be taking advantage of others. This isn't to say you can't do it but there are risks.

A big yes on this. When I see someone post a T3:T1 at the default setting ( 100gem for 3200steel ) I ignore it even if it is from inside the fs.
I sometimes post cross tier if I am in great need of a good. For instance if I am desperate for marble I'll post a series of trades like this;
1000steel : 1000marble ( ten times), 500scroll : 1000marble ( x10 ), 250dust : 1000marble (x 10) .

@Ted I do not know how you will ever maintain that 1 - 1 - 1 build but good luck

Last edited:

DeletedUser7370

@Ted I do not know how you will ever maintain that 1 - 1 - 1 build but good luck
I am currently tech-locked at the end of chapter 5 because my military was not keeping up with heavy tournament activity and clearing provinces. I have almost enough goods stockpiled for all the researches in Chapter 6, only T2 is lacking. My T1 goods are already stocked enough to cover through Chapter 7. And I don't plan on keeping that build I will add another T3 when I am comfortable that I can spare the space...sometime near the start of orcs.

I have never had a problem doing cross tier trades, I put them up at a ratio of 3:1 per tier, ie 100 elixir for 900 marble; and then I wait. I have enough stock to wait for my neighbors to be ready to pick them up. I never use the negotiate for provinces, and I only use cater on the tourney encounters I don't win on the first combat try.

I started the week with my goods at T1 450K, T2 300K, T3 120K
I went hard on this week's tourny, by Saturday all my goods will be depleted
If someone is going to spend that much on catering then they should sell the extraneous military buildings including wonders.

DeletedUser7370

get through 20 provs every round.
And what are your total rewards for that? It might be more cost effective to just buy KP directly. Especially if the rune shards, relics, spells, and even blueprint are not useful to you. The fellowship's overall gain is harder to divide out to determine best use of resources.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
And what are your total rewards for that? It might be more cost effective to just buy KP directly. Especially if the rune shards, relics, spells, and even blueprint are not useful to you. The fellowship's overall gain is harder to divide out to determine best use of resources.

Somebody here can probably tell you the total.
All I can say is, if I can 5 star all 20 today, I'll get 78kp.
So add in however many I've gotten already
plus the ones I'll get from chests, which depends on how many chests we get.
Then add in the shards and broken shards I get, which yes are useful to me. Like I said earlier, I am just now researching the Dwarf Wonders. So there are plenty of wonders I haven't gotten to yet and will need shards for.

But back to the KP. I can get 78 just today. Right now my cost for KP is 263K.
I'll let you do the math to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to just buy the KP.