• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much factory space do you have?

DeletedUser7370

Right now my cost for KP is 263K.
That is the coin cost. Comparing coins with goods is like comparing a Ferrari with a moped. Look at the goods cost for KP and if you have not bought many that way then you could probably do really well buying them that way for one or 2 weeks instead of the tourney. After that the cost would have climbed enough to make the tourney the better choice.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
F world US3
why does it matter?
It doesn't, just wanted to see your city.
Look at the goods cost for KP and if you have not bought many that way then you could probably do really well buying them that way for one or 2 weeks instead of the tourney. After that the cost would have climbed enough to make the tourney the better choice.
Personally I like to only buy KP with coins, that way if I'm in a pinch (like needing to finish a chapter before a good event prize comes up) I can use my stockpile to buy a bunch of KP. Another great time to buy KP is at the start of a new chapter since you don't have a portal or guest race factories yet, so going "too fast" isn't an issue.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'll have to take your word for it, unless you need another zero score city on F server? I could make one, and ask the devs to place me close to you. Don't worry, I'll be sure to start a MH upgrade before I quit.

lol
Until you mentioned starting an MH upgrade I was going to say go for it.
I'd love to have an inactive city replace one of the many coin cities on my map. At least then I'd get my Lighthouse bonus.

btw
It doesn't look like I'll 5 star all 20 provs
Last round really killed my inventory. Plus I used some goods on things I didn't want to wait extra days to do.
Right now I've 5 starred 16 provs, 4 starred 4 provs
I'll probably only 6 star as many provs with KP or shards that I can
but I'm in pretty good shape to get my second server #1

I am going to make it a goal to one day 6 star an entire tourny

DeletedUser188

I have never had a problem doing cross tier trades, I put them up at a ratio of 3:1 per tier, ie 100 elixir for 900 marble; and then I wait. I have enough stock to wait for my neighbors to be ready to pick them up
Do you only post cross tier trades or do you also pick up other players cross tier trades
Its easy to say I never have a problem doing CT trades if all you are doing is posting them and not accepting them
Posting them and having dumb neighbors accept them is never a problem
What if all players deleted their T1 manufactories and then only posted CT trades
There would be no one with any T1 goods to accept any of the CT trades

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Its easy to say I never have a problem doing CT trades if all you are doing is posting them and not accepting them
I believe he was saying "I never have a problem [getting people to accept my] cross tier trades."
It wasn't a statement about morals or fairness, just success rate.

DeletedUser7370

Do you only post cross tier trades or do you also pick up other players cross tier trades
Posting them and having dumb neighbors accept them is never a problem
What if all players deleted their T1 manufactories and then only posted CT trades
There would be no one with any T1 goods to accept any of the CT trades
I will accept any trade I see that is within what I consider reasonable. I have accepted many cross tier trades from a neighbor of mine that uses the standard 4:1 rate. In general, goods are goods. You can routinely trade at 1:1 within any tier, and therefore it does not hurt me to accept trades that are against my normal interests when I have sufficient surplus to wait for a broader market to provide me a recovery. In other words even though I normally want silk I can trade 10K away and put up trades to recover it over the next week because I keep a stock sufficient for my needs.

I have a lot of trouble understanding how people get into the mindset of having 500K of some particular material and thinking it is wrong to to trade some away in specific fashions. I see all the goods in the game as 'refined time'. When a player can refine 3 hours for 1000 crystals and it would require them to refine 900 hours for 1000 planks, then the actual personal value of planks:crystals should be 300:1; but people in that position get offended at trading the same with a 3:1 rate, close to a 9000% profit. I can't even understand that level of idiocy.

I did consider the sell all T1 factories scenario, both for my city and more generally. I reached the conclusion that becoming completely dependent on trade is a bad idea. That is why I kept 1 of each factory. If this game had a wider trade system with no fee then my stockpile and careful trading strategies would be enough to allow me to reach the end of the researches without any factories.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@TedGrau I saw on another thread you mention your factories are 3 in total (also mentioned earlier in this thread). To avoid derailing that thread and as it relates to this one I have posted here.

I am curious how many workshops you have to fuel that? Was it always 1 of each type or did you move to that later as the efficiency picked up? Do you use armories/wonders in the extra space or just keep it clear for guest races?

DeletedUser7370

@Mykan
I shifted towards a single factory in each tier during chapters 4 and 5. I had considered going to a tier 3 only design because I could see the personal advantages, but after reading a number of topics here on the various costs I could not inflict that on someone. And so chose to keep 1 factory in each tier, and to make fair cross tier trades if I became desperate.

Until the end of chapter 6, eight L15 workshops, L2 Endless Excavation and L3 Tome of Secrets was plenty to fuel my factories and my military. Excesses would occur regularly because of reciprocal helps; during chapter 7 all the previously excess supplies shifted to being used to produce military. At the end of chapter 7 I increased my workshops to 10 but retained the L15 aspect for all of them. The increase was to cover the orc requirements and because many event quests aligned upon a multiple of 5. Adding 2 workshops takes the same space as upgrading 8, but the time required to start obtaining a return is lower. At the next stage I will upgrade the workshops.

I ran at 3 armories for a time, but because that did not keep up with a 6 hour sleep cycle I have increased my armories as I could spare the space. I currently stand at five L20 armories. The increase of 10 troops per training, to upgrade to L21, is inadequate to justify the costs to upgrade. My barracks is always maximized as fast as I can get it there and a training grounds acts as back up to assure units are being produced constantly. I currently have a L4 Needles of the Tempest.

On the recent edge I have been pushing upgrading housing, upgrading armories, and building the orc settlement. Doing all of that at once has pressed my supplies towards 0, but the Edrasil event provided me with numerous +15% supplies instants and I have used a few when things got tight.

SunsetDanar

It doesn't, just wanted to see your city.

Personally I like to only buy KP with coins, that way if I'm in a pinch (like needing to finish a chapter before a good event prize comes up) I can use my stockpile to buy a bunch of KP. Another great time to buy KP is at the start of a new chapter since you don't have a portal or guest race factories yet, so going "too fast" isn't an issue.

I do this as well but it does beg a question that I've not found an answer to...Is there a ceiling cost escalation?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
No ceiling, but it increases every time so you could get to where you couldn't afford it until you upgrade your main hall. But that being said, I buy KP with coins everyday and have yet to have that happen. As you grow you get more neighbors to visit (more coins) and more main hall upgrades to increase your storage of coins.

DeletedUser3507

Shrewdy I like better.
7 lvl 23 tier 1 -3 (21) manufactures.