• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How often are messages deleted? And why?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have 3 cities. In 2 of them the oldest message left in my inbox is from December 1st. In the 3rd it is December 3rd. So I do not have a single message older than 2 months. What I'm wondering is: are messages deleted strictly on a time based manner? Or does activity factor in? Will messages stay longer for an inactive player?

For example: say a member of my fellowship goes inactive for some reason. After a period of time I write them a goodbye message which also encourages them to get in touch if they every play again. They log back in 3 months later. Is the message still there for them to read? Or do they never see my goodbye message? Perhaps @Astram or @Sweetp could weigh in on this?

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
@Henroo The message remains as long as the city remains. No message gets deleted unless the player deletes it.
I hope this answers your question

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo The message remains as long as the city remains. No message gets deleted unless the player deletes it.
I hope this answers your question
This is not true. Or maybe you misunderstood my question. As I mentioned in my inital post, there is not a single message in my 3 active cities which is older than Dec 1st. I did not delete the old messages from before this. They have been removed from my inbox. Or are you saying the message will stay longer for an inactive city?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have studied this over time. Two to three months seems to be the maximum storage time, but a lot depends on whether or not a player is receiving FS mail, and how much of that exists at any given point.

I have a city that I play irregularly, sign in one to three times a year. I get message flags but nothing is there when I check.

Shae-Leigh

Rushing in Place
I have had messages disappear. When I sign in after long absences, there are notifications that I have messages. But as soon as I click on the little envelope, it pops up and says "no messages here". That includes any messages that I had previously read that were just sitting in my mailbox.
Sounds like the same thing Lelanya said.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You know, I also think that this is a 'game maintenance' issue, and may be on the CM's to-do list, delete old mail. This is just an impression that I've received from watching new ones take over in the past.