• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How often do you release players from your fellowship?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I do not mean those players who have gone inactive. I am referring to those players who are active but maybe don't or can't fit in. Maybe they are more casual players than will work for your fellowship, or maybe they have decided they hate tournaments, or spire, or FAs.

Maeryn

I do not mean those players who have gone inactive. I am referring to those players who are active but maybe don't or can't fit in. Maybe they are more casual players than will work for your fellowship, or maybe they have decided they hate tournaments, or spire, or FAs.
Are they new players? I only ask since at the end of May the new chapter 1-5 been around and two of the things you listed tournament and spire come later. As in towards the middle of chapter 4 and beginning of chapter 5, in my experience of doing those chapters they won’t have the resources to fully participate until there’s cities are adjusted to taken into account low low relic count.

If they aren’t new then why are they even in a fellowship if they getting the same as they would outside of a fellowship.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Are they new players? I only ask since at the end of May the new chapter 1-5 been around and two of the things you listed tournament and spire come later. As in towards the middle of chapter 4 and beginning of chapter 5, in my experience of doing those chapters they won’t have the resources to fully participate until there’s cities are adjusted to taken into account low low relic count.

If they aren’t new then why are they even in a fellowship if they getting the same as they would outside of a fellowship.
The only fix for the 1-5 chapters not being able to participate fully is for Elvenar to prohibit joining a fellowship until they reach chapter 6. I don't see that happening. Fellowships taking those chapter players need to make allowances for those players if their requirements allow that.

If they aren't attaining the fellowships requirements consistently, they have to be released. Fellowships take players in all the time on the proviso that they meet requirements. If they can't in actual practice, then they have to go to avoid resentment within the fellowship which undermines morale, not to mention it inhibits progress of the fellowship as a whole. I am asking the question to see if it happens often enough to warrant some sort of change to support those players who WANT to be placed in a fellowship that better meets their needs. I don't know about the other AMs, but I hate just cutting someone loose who is active but will have no idea how to find a fellowship that fits.

I am lucky enough to have a fellowship I can recommend them to so that they can continue to play. Do you other AMs have the same or do you just cut them loose?

Maeryn

The only fix for the 1-5 chapters not being able to participate fully is for Elvenar to prohibit joining a fellowship until they reach chapter 6. I don't see that happening. Fellowships taking those chapter players need to make allowances for those players if their requirements allow that.
I think those fellowships might have to extend that grace period even further out than chapter 6 the quest line is more focused on creating a pure fighting city than anything else I’m talking about below minimum Elvenar gems recommend factory amounts. I think the new early chapters are designed to stop feeder accounts and that’s about it. Each week I want to delete mine.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think those fellowships might have to extend that grace period even further out than chapter 6 the quest line is more focused on creating a pure fighting city than anything else I’m talking about below minimum Elvenar gems recommend factory amounts. I think the new early chapters are designed to stop feeder accounts and that’s about it. Each week I want to delete mine.

Elvengems is no longer accurate for a lot of things, between the game changing so much in the past couple of years and almost all their people stopped helping keep it up to date. It was never even updated to reflect changes to the tournaments a couple of years ago. There is not much there any more that I would recommend for people to read. Even before all the changes, I never followed their suggestions for numbers of factories or workshops or guest race buildings, and so on. But then, I don't like hand-holding in games and generally do not look up help unless I can't figure something out on my own.

As for the topic, as it continues to get harder and harder to find good players to fill empty places, the choice ends up being not having a full fellowship or taking in the lazy players for a while and then kicking them out when someone willing to put in more effort comes along. I would rather have the empty spots, than have a fake ranking score that includes inactive, or the equivalent of inactive, cities. And then an added complexity to this, for example, is whether you are comfortably making 10 chests or barely scraping up enough points to hit 10 each week. That will play into any decision on whether or not to kick out any slackers.

Maeryn

Elvenar in both the browser and mobile version only recommends dead fellowships and a very small amount of those. Actually, that’s true for all games that feature a guild they only difference is some games actually show when the last activity of all members were allowing new players to skip of them. Elvenar doesn’t do that.

Another, problem with finding a guild is you need to register your game account with an email address to then come here and join the forum. You technically don’t have to enter any register information when playing on mobile you just have to not log out to keep your city.

Dhurrin

Rarely, maybe once or twice a year. Usually we have people leaving due to personal circumstances, either work- or familyrelated.
When people just want to go a bit less intense they can move to a sister FS we have.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We've let go two or three less active players in the past year. Anyone who never raises their score, and who struggles to make the 1000 minimum on the tourney, and who never plays the spire, etc, eventually gets the boot. (I'm not talking about the people who choose to stay small but still are doing great in tourney/spire). We try to coax them into making the minimum, becoming more active, etc, first. I'll write at least 2-3 messages asking them if they want to become more active or if they'd rather find a more casual fellowship where the playstyle is more suited to them. Sometimes they don't write back, but they still keep playing tourney with their 500 or 600 score. Or sometimes they'll make the 1000 minimum the week after I write, and then go back to their old habits. I just write them a final email saying we'll be happy to take them back if they get more active, and then I remove.

Most of the time, they never write back. Once, I got a very upset email saying that they'd had computer problems for more than a month and didn't get any of my messages. They couldn't get back in because we'd filled their slot. It's sad, particularly when it's a longtime member, but I'm not sure what to do about it if you're in the top 50 fellowships and want to stay there.

Nerwa

I don't recall us ever letting a player go for any reason other than inactivity, and we aren't exactly hasty there. We've been 10+ chests for a year & Silver+ for 9 months; no minimums/requirements/restrictions beyond "play nice & be helpful". Are we likely to hit Gold Spire the way we play? Probably not. So what? It's not a priority for everyone, and 125 Diamonds per week isn't exactly shabby.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I have struggled with my baby city in elcysandir too. I am doing a catering city. Difficult is a nice word for it. lol I finally made it to chapter 6 so we shall see.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Elvenar in both the browser and mobile version only recommends dead fellowships and a very small amount of those. Actually, that’s true for all games that feature a guild they only difference is some games actually show when the last activity of all members were allowing new players to skip of them. Elvenar doesn’t do that.

Another, problem with finding a guild is you need to register your game account with an email address to then come here and join the forum. You technically don’t have to enter any register information when playing on mobile you just have to not log out to keep your city.
An alternate way of looking for players is to open your elvenstats window, and then open the fellowship listings in-game. It's slow going but you CAN find dead fellowships that you can recruit players from. Elvenstats will tell you who is inactive so you don't waste time with them.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I've been having "computer problems". I didn't wait to let my fellows down. I let them know that I'm having issues and I removed myself to make room for someone else. I'm solo now and solo until the problem clears up. If it clears up, I will reapply to my FS. (And wait for a spot because they were all awesome!)
I do not understand why anyone would consistently fail to meet their FS minimums and expect people to ignore it or make someone else remove them.

Myne

Oh Wise One
We've let go two or three less active players in the past year. Anyone who never raises their score, and who struggles to make the 1000 minimum on the tourney, and who never plays the spire, etc, eventually gets the boot. (I'm not talking about the people who choose to stay small but still are doing great in tourney/spire). We try to coax them into making the minimum, becoming more active, etc, first. I'll write at least 2-3 messages asking them if they want to become more active or if they'd rather find a more casual fellowship where the playstyle is more suited to them. Sometimes they don't write back, but they still keep playing tourney with their 500 or 600 score. Or sometimes they'll make the 1000 minimum the week after I write, and then go back to their old habits. I just write them a final email saying we'll be happy to take them back if they get more active, and then I remove.

Most of the time, they never write back. Once, I got a very upset email saying that they'd had computer problems for more than a month and didn't get any of my messages. They couldn't get back in because we'd filled their slot. It's sad, particularly when it's a longtime member, but I'm not sure what to do about it if you're in the top 50 fellowships and want to stay there.
I have had to implement a 3 strike rule. They get messages after each tourney if they fail to make minimum....which is ONLY 500 pts. My experience echoes yours.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I've been having "computer problems". I didn't wait to let my fellows down. I let them know that I'm having issues and I removed myself to make room for someone else. I'm solo now and solo until the problem clears up. If it clears up, I will reapply to my FS. (And wait for a spot because they were all awesome!)
I do not understand why anyone would consistently fail to meet their FS minimums and expect people to ignore it or make someone else remove them.
I do not understand it either. They invariably refuse to communicate, and do not remove themselves. I have to do it for them.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I don't recall us ever letting a player go for any reason other than inactivity, and we aren't exactly hasty there. We've been 10+ chests for a year & Silver+ for 9 months; no minimums/requirements/restrictions beyond "play nice & be helpful". Are we likely to hit Gold Spire the way we play? Probably not. So what? It's not a priority for everyone, and 125 Diamonds per week isn't exactly shabby.
Not shabby at all. I am glad you have a bunch of ambitious self-starters. Inactivity is the most common reason for dismissal. I was just wondering if the "failure to achieve" was a common enough problem that perhaps we should try to come up with a solution to keep those folks in the game.

Katwick

Cartographer
I am lucky enough to have a fellowship I can recommend them to so that they can continue to play. Do you other AMs have the same or do you just cut them loose?
If you have a Junior Varsity Fellowship, then the lower level Fellowship can focus on the early chapter game.

A couple of your advanced players can create leadership alts, and with a bit of luck the new cities will end up on their explored map (rinse and repeat), and you can fair trade to cover any shortages.

That's pretty much the norm in Worlds of Warcraft and several other games where level is more critical than it is in Elvenar.

Smooper

I do have to let players go but I am never sure if they realize they have been let go because they were inactive. We did have this one guy we had to boot because of garbage he was posting in chat and not stopping when asked to. He formed his own fellowship and the description goes something like this: "a conservative group for like minded people of history no muslims commies or nazies". His exact words and grammar.