• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to be successful in Ch 17 and beyond?

Foldedspace

Well I had considered not advancing further into 16. I'm only a couple of branches completed. This thread made that decision a lot easier. Such a bummer to not be able to advance without being penalized far greater than the benefit of the advancements.

The Unbeliever

I have spoken extensively with top players about the issue, both those who quit and the hold-outs.
While it does appear at first that the complaint is about being able to do less than before, that's not the real issue.
sadly the forums were flooded with the complaint focused on the symptom, not the cause.

Even the very top players who loved the tournament would have been fine with +100% increased costs, +100% troop losses, or +100% difficulty scaling, none of those ruin the competition nor the incentive for progress.

But again, this would be fine if it didn't punish progress.
Make it hard to get 5,000? fine
Make it very hard to get 8,000? fine
Make it crazy hard to get 10,000? also fine.
BUT
Making it so that completing the next chapter reduces your ability by 20%? not fine.
Making it so that the most powerful city possible is one in chapter 15? not fine.
I fear this whole clusterfethed situation is a result of our school systems tossing reality out the window and instead moving to this newfangled "New Math"...
As actual (supposed) "math" teachers have said, "the answer itself isn't important, rather, it's the collective group journey towards 'discovering' an answer that's important."
*facepalm*

And so now we have game devs who obviously see no problem with the "idea" that 2+2=5 >.<

It's honestly the only thing that can rationally explain why the formula is so hilariously screwed up... even people who are generally bad at math/hate math can readily see that there's something astronomically out of whack with the way the troop + negotiation numbers skyrocket out of control in Ch's 16 + 17.
(...or how quickly numbers go full-on stupid if you simply put too many lv's into AW's in the mid game Ch's 7/8 - 12 or so ;))

Foldedspace

Does anyone know if I'll lose my Draft Laws if I sell my Senate? It's the only thing I've built for 16 and it's just been sitting there making Draft Laws. I have about 10k that I'd hate to lose if I ever decide to come back and advance through ch. 16. Definitely not leaving the game, just going to pause advancing for the foreseeable future.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Does anyone know if I'll lose my Draft Laws if I sell my Senate? It's the only thing I've built for 16 and it's just been sitting there making Draft Laws. I have about 10k that I'd hate to lose if I ever decide to come back and advance through ch. 16. Definitely not leaving the game, just going to pause advancing for the foreseeable future.

You never lost the guest race goods in other chapters when you sold the portal or moved into the next chapter. If you sell a portal before changing chapters, it will just list the capped goods as xxxx/0, where xxxx is how many you have available to use, and the /0 meaning you can't get more with a portal profit. Normal guest race goods just show your total. I am used to seeing that because I have been finishing the current end chapter before the next one is added.

Foldedspace

You never lost the guest race goods in other chapters when you sold the portal or moved into the next chapter. If you sell a portal before changing chapters, it will just list the capped goods as xxxx/0, where xxxx is how many you have available to use, and the /0 meaning you can't get more with a portal profit. Normal guest race goods just show your total. I am used to seeing that because I have been finishing the current end chapter before the next one is added.

Thank you! That makes sense. I've never paid much attention to what I do or don't have after I've sold other portals.

Thistleknot

I haven't read the forums in a long time and I admit that I was unaware of the impact of the changes to the tournaments. Since I have been playing since 2015, I have seen a lot of changes, both good and bad. I have been in the debates that flamed hot over changes that lead to people leaving the game.

For what it's worth, here is my opinion. Figure out your style of play and go with it. Like it or not, the game is in constant motion and the devs will change things.

I play because I enjoy the game. I realize that I will never be a number one player on any level since I am not willing to spend lots of money on this game. That is no comment against those that wish to do so. Just an observation. I will say that back in the day, there was a complaint about battles being difficult at the tenth ring. I never saw the problem and was still winning battles as far out as the fourteenth ring. They were difficult and I had to do them manually, but I succeeded. If I decide to go hog wild in the tourney and complete every province to six stars, I will do so with the same determination.

And as someone that is addicted to AWs, I have 21 wonders that I am slowly increasing to the max. About half are at level 11 and waiting to be advanced to 16. It is a slow and methodical action that is great when I reach the end of a chapter and need some where to put my KP.

I haven't solved any problems, but hopefully my opinion will give you something to think about.

And Soggy, good to see you around.

Last edited: