• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to Calculate Competing Military Buffs and Base Damage?

Steelhail

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere (I might have missed it in Mykan’s Guide), but I’d love help figuring out how different buffs interact with each other and which/whether some affect the base damage. My cursor hovering over the enemy doesn't seem to give the calculated percentage totals when I'm fighting either.

So to give a common (but complicated) type of example, you might have a human mage attacking a forest warden, where you could have all of the following in play at once:

1.there’s a level 6 dragon abbey (+12% damage by mage)
2.a mage multiplier (+50% damage by mage)
3.fire phoenix (+50% damage by mage)
4.divine curse already placed on the warden (-40% defense on warden)
5.warden’s natural resistance to mage (-90% damage taken from mage unit)
6.Just for fun, the mage has also been hit by a nap grenade (-20% attack by mage)

If all of these are in play, how would I calculate the effects? Do I just add the numbers together (so they all stack), or do some calculations modify others?

Regarding military buff terminology ("damage," "attack," "defense," etc.): is a -40% defense on a ranger equivalent to saying +40% damage by its attacker, or is there a nuanced difference in that wording?

Is there supposed to be a difference between the terms "damage" and "attack" when describing buffs? (For example, the nap grenade reduces the "attack," not the "damage," but the dragon abbey description says it increases "mage unit damage," not its "attack.") This could just be an English language discrepancy that doesn't affect other servers.

Pheryll

Set Designer
1.there’s a level 6 dragon abbey (+12% damage by mage)
2.a mage multiplier (+50% damage by mage)
3.fire phoenix (+50% damage by mage)
4.divine curse already placed on the warden (-40% defense on warden)
5.warden’s natural resistance to mage (-90% damage taken from mage unit)
6.Just for fun, the mage has also been hit by a nap grenade (-20% attack by mage)

If all of these are in play, how would I calculate the effects? Do I just add the numbers together (so they all stack), or do some calculations modify others?
The factors that get added together are the abbey, mage multiplier, and fire phoenix. All the rest are multiplied together.

I forget whether -40% defense is x1.40 or /0.6. Assuming the former, you would have: base damage * (1 + 0.12 + 0.5 + 0.5) * 1.4 * 0.1 * 0.8.