• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

how to count provinces

Ariel Greensleeves

Is there an easy way to count how many provinces I've completed? I'm in Ch. 15 so there are a lot and my eyes hurt trying to count. Is there a report somewhere?
I am trying to figure out how many orcs I would get if I built heroes forge. I'm also unclear on this math. 120% of what? the number of provinces? Can someone give an example with real numbers? I don't trust the Elvenar math. sometimes 100% means no bonus, sometimes it means double. Sometimes 200% means double.
Help me, math whizzes!

Queen of Snacks

Snack Hoarder
The Heroes Forge Orc bonus is based on a percentage of your completed Provinces (rounded up), so 510 provinces completed would be about 612 Orcs at level 1.

edited because reading the question CORRECTLY makes for a more accurate reply

Last edited:

Silver Lady

Total number of province:
1. Go to Research
2. Go to start of next chapter
3. Number shown over number e.g. 273/280 (first or top number is total provinces completed, second or bottom number is number of provinces required to start next chapter after current chapter research is completed.)

Number of particular type of province - estimation
Divide total by 9. This gives a fair estimate if you’ve completed provinces evenly in a circle around your city.

Ariel Greensleeves

Okay, I figured out two ways to count provinces completed:
1) If you are in high enough chapter to have advanced trader, look up your seed production per day (24 x hourly rate shown). Divide the total by the level of your Main Hall.
For me this is 722/h, or 17340/d. 17340 / 34 = 510 provinces
2) If you want to do the geometry, this is the pattern. An easy way to figure out how many circles you have done is to look at the global map/province overview/neighbors and see what number you most distant discovered neighbors (not counting FS members) are.
circle 1: (6x1) - 0 = 6
circle 2: (6x2) - (6 x 1) cities = 6
circle 3: (6x3) - 0 = 18
circle 4: (6x4) - (6 x 2) cities = 12
circle 5: (6x5) - 0 = 30
circle 6: (6x6) - (6x3) cities = 18
and so on.
But this calculation gave me over 600 provinces, so I'm still not sure I'm doing it right.

So for a Heroes forge level 1, this would generate 1.2 orcs x 500 = 600 orcs per day. At level 10, it would produce 1600 orcs/d, or 64 orcs/d/square. Of course it does provide an attack bonus to heavy melee as well.

Bottom line, Heroes Forge is not a viable replacement for other orc generating buildings (For example, the Scare Carriage, which at ch. 15 produces 1190 orcs/d or 99/d/square)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There are a few ways, certain buildings tell you:

1. Trader (once you are earning seeds from it
1672511271880.png

2. Crystal lighthouse/Bell spire - early wonder, reward per help chest is province based and you don't have to have built the wonder just researched it
1672511065059.png

3. Several other wonders later in game like heroes forge, enars embassy, maze of dark matter, dragon abbey, etc power is based on provinces too

4. Province expansion - Always available

1672511118597.png

For the heroes forge calculation just look at the information (browser at least) in the popup. You will be able to see how it is calculating the orc production.
1672511658271.png