• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to Fight in Easy Provinces Again

Tauriel Dragonwood

I’m trying to help my friends and want to make sure I’m giving them the correct information.
They want to know how to fight in Easy Provinces again.

Armories increase the amount of units you can train simultaneously. I would think the more armories you have, the better you are prepared to outnumber the enemy. As it is now, they have to negotiate because the enemy has more units than they do.

A few of my friends are only up to Chapter 2 and already facing Very Hard Provinces.

Research was completed on Squad Size Upgrade 4, which should allow them
to fight with bigger armies, making fights easier (that's what the game says).

They have researched Advanced Barracks that will give them another training slot.

Their Sword Dancer will get a promotion soon.

Researching Advanced Armory should help them to upgrade their armories to Levels 5-8.

One of my friends Advanced Scout shows 36/10. I’m assuming that means she has completed 10 provinces out of 36.
Is that correct? What else do they need to do to be able to fight in Easy Provinces again? Any help is most appreciated.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Thank you so much Lelanya, Alram and ed for your advice. I'll let my friends
know they've overscouted. Hard to believe since they are only in Chapter 2.

Gladiola

36/10 means that they have both scouted and completed 36 provinces. (They may have additional provinces scouted but not completed.) I concur that they should wait until chapter 3 to do more scouting or fighting in provinces, although negotiating costs (as well as battle costs) for any provinces that are already scouted are already set, so there is no downside to catering any already scouted provinces as long as there are resources to do it.

Gath Of Baal

Armories increase the amount of units you can train simultaneously. I would think the more armories you have, the better you are prepared to outnumber the enemy.

Armories only increase the amount you can train via the barracks, training grounds and mercenary camp per training que. If you want to take more troops into battle you must increase you squad size by upgrading via squad size research in your knowledge tree

When you can build the Dwarven Bulwark it has the potential to replace several armories in its capacity to add troops to your training que.

To make your provinces show "easy" again you must increase your squad sizes

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Gladiola You're right that's what 36/10 means. They do have provinces scouted but not completed. They've told me they notice the provinces change colors. When they run low on troops, the color changes to orange or red. Right now because they have loads of troops, the color has changed to yellow. Sometimes it's difficult not to over scout because of some quests. In this next event you will need to solve province encounters (too many, if you ask me). If the Spire or Tournament is closed, you'll need to solve a total of 12 encounters, just from the first 15 quests. So these events are forcing us to over scout if we want to complete the quests.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Gath Of Baal I'm trying to paste a quote you said but I'm not sure how so I'm copying a quote from you.
"To make your provinces show "easy" again you must increase your squad sizes."
Excellent advice. Thank you. But you can only increase your squad size by completing research. So that could take a long time.

Iyapo1

So these events are forcing us to over scout if we want to complete the quests.
The events get a little credit.. 36/10 in chapter 2 = 1 event and over scouted by 26 provinces or 208 encounters. The event is not to blame. Clearing provinces in the next 2 events is going to be murderously expensive, but again they did not cause or force this, they will just make recovery take longer.

DeletedUser29237

In lower chapters event quests make to terribly easy to overscout, I’ve done but I also held off scouting for KP purposes to get myself got up research wise you’ll grow your goods that way allowing to upgrade and clear research without needing to trade first.

DeletedUser29117

A few of my friends are only up to Chapter 2 and already facing Very Hard Provinces
This is because they are scouting more than they should. If you just research more, they will gradually get easier. You have to let the research catch up with the scouting.
One of my friends Advanced Scout shows 36/10. I’m assuming that means she has completed 10 provinces out of 36.
The opposite way, actually. That means they’ve overscouted by 26 provinces - which is quite a lot.

Building more armories makes the number of people per squad larger. It makes you have more, but what the enemy has is still the same. Building too many armories isn’t a good us of your space, I currently have 3.
The best thing to do is to simply wait, and don’t scout anymore, and don’t complete anything already scouted.

DeletedUser29117

They've told me they notice the provinces change colors. When they run low on troops, the color changes to orange or red. Right now because they have loads of troops, the color has changed to yellow.
That’s actually not because they have lots of troops, but because research has caught up a little with the scouting.
Right now, I have less than 2 squads of every type of troop, but the provinces are all green and yellow.

qaccy

I even see this misunderstanding in my own FS. Players think having longer training times/training more troops at once has some relation to battle difficulty or is even a bad thing. I...don't see how it is. Armories don't affect the amount of troops trained in a given amount of time, which is only affected by the training building's level and the AWs that affect each training building. If I can train 3000 units in an hour as my max training slot size, that's the same as someone else training 1500 units in 30 minutes as their max training size. Bigger training sizes just make it more convenient to not have to keep coming back and fill slots as often.

...right? Maybe I'm the one misunderstanding something because my FS never gets it when I try explaining this to them lol