• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to Fight in Easy Provinces Again

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I even see this misunderstanding in my own FS. Players think having longer training times/training more troops at once has some relation to battle difficulty

To be fair, when you first start out it seems like common sense. "The more troops I train, the bigger my army, so the better I fight."
But the actual explanation is rather easy to grasp, for most people.

***** Totally off subject. I just remembered something else I thought made sense when I was totally new. I looked at the workshops and thought, "OK obviously I'll need some brew for them to drink, then bread to eat then ..." lol

Tauriel Dragonwood

@qaccy
You don’t need to build more armories to increase training size because that takes up a lot of land. Many players only build 3 or 4. Completing research to increase Squad Size is better. Land expansions are better used for Ancient Wonders, and those awesome event buildings.

The best advice I’ve gotten is to research more, don't overscout and provinces will gradually get easier. Check out the excellent advice these players gave me: Aegliriel Gilmir, Lelanya, Alram, ed1960, Gath Of Baal, hvariidh gwendrot and Gladiola.

qaccy

Heh, I definitely need my armories. I've got 7 of them and I still only barely have my training time long enough to last until I get home from work in the afternoon.

In any case, again, there's no relation between squad size and training. Those are two distinct mechanics. Armories affect training. Squad size affects fighting (barely, since only normal province encounters use your researched squad size and don't scale the way the Spire or tournaments do). The one exception to this is the Dwarven Bulwark AW, which provides a bonus to training size based on your squad size. This is the only instance of squad size having an effect on unit training. If I want to be able to train units for a longer period of time, long enough to last while I'm away at work or overnight, I need Armories. So does anyone else. It's that simple.