• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to fix glut and shortages - Chapter 18

To help with the gluts of gum and bismuth, offer 1x1 of other boosteds that will remain the same with upgrades while increasing in strength.

Inno did it again in chapter 18 - ingot (produced by ascended steel) is needed to build water, earth, fire, air buildings. Thus, there will always be a shoftage of ingot. It would have been SO easy to have (for example) ascended steel for water, marble for earth, gum for fire (then repeat gum -- as there is a glut of it -- for air). It doesn't matter which ascended goes with which, but making ingot (steel) needed for all four buildings created yet another problem. Why did Beta not pick up on this (I could not find any concrete suggestion to this newly-created problem).

Though the chapter has begun, a small percentage of players are in it. It is not too late to improve the game. Yes, we'll all be annoyed that we sold our ascended for ingot at the beginning, but as we progress and as more players enter the chapter, we'll all be happy with more balance.

Good idea?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Inno did it again in chapter 18 - ingot (produced by ascended steel) is needed to build water, earth, fire, air buildings.

No, those buildings require your boosted+2 ascended good, so only people boosted in sprouts need ingots to build those. The other 2/3 of the players do not. Similar with the portal. It requires boosted+1 ascended goods to upgrade.

Yogi Dave

I think Inno did a good job making the techs and buildings dependent on your boost instead of everyone needing the same thing. There is the typical startup problem, but that will even out as more people move into the chapter. By that, I mean the 1st 3 people in ch 18 in my FS are all minerals, and there weren't a lot of people in the world ready to trade. That seems to have changed and my merchants aren't out long plus I can take trades with hats more often than not. Seems to be working well.

@pattyelvenar, welcome to the forum. You may want to read the Ideas and Suggestion Forum Guide so your post here can be more effective