• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to open multiple cities on Mac/Chrome

Gorion

I've searched and searched for this answer. You cannot open multiple tabs or even two windows or an incognito window and log into different cities on Mac/Chrome.
I finally figured out how to stay logged into both my cities!
Open chrome settings and "manage other people" then create a new user account. This opens two Chrome windows you can easily switch back and forth and both cities stay logged in. So simple, but not posted anywhere that I could find.

Risen Malchiah

Alternatively, have one browser for one city, and another browser for another city. So Firefox is for City A, Chrome is for City B, and Internet Explorer is for City C (because you hate City C).
I have 2 main cities and 1 baby city so I use Chrome and Firefox mainly, but use IE for the 3rd. For some unknown reason though, I am not able to have the Firefox city and the IE city open at the same time. One always terminates the other. Yet I have no issues keeping Chrome and Firefox open at the same time or Chrome and IE at the same time. Perhaps Firefox and IE use some shared resource somewhere.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
is there a reason to have more than one city?
While there's no 'need' to have more than one city, there's lots of reasons, lol! Players who are used to a faster pace of game play than Elvenar provides, get bored with just one city; having more keeps them engaged. Once players hit the guest race chapters, there are times when there is nothing to do but wait on guest race productions to progress. Many players start a new city at that point. I just started my second city in early May, well over a year since I started the first one. I'm now in S&D in my main city. My reason was to start out knowing some of the things I know now (ex.: skipping optional squad size upgrades from the start!) and build a city focused on doing well in tournaments/events/adventures. It's coming along slowly, now in Ch 3 but that's okay; my focus remains on my main city right now. Interestingly, my baby city finished that last mini event Days of Music before my main city.

Risen Malchiah

not to sound totally stupid but is there a reason to have more than one city?
When I started, I didn't know whether I'd prefer humans or elves so I started 1 of each. I kept it that way for a really long time but not long ago one of my fellowships desperately needed just a few extra players so I started a 2nd account in the same world to help with tournaments. I also figured it would give me a refresher course on the early chapters. I'm also able to benefit from my knowledge of what's to come and plan better as well as skip every optional squad upgrade from the very beginning. I'm quite happy about the fact that my new baby city is pulling 2k+ in each tournament starting in chapter 3 (now at the beginning of ch4). I won't start any additional cities though because with tournaments, FAs and other events, I have more than enough to keep me quite busy. :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
pulling 2k+ in each tournament starting in chapter 3 (now at the beginning of ch4)
^I'd really like to know how you accomplished this, lol. That's quite the achievement! I started tournaments right away, but I'm being careful about scouting, too (that may be the difference) and staying as close to the provinces needed for the next chapter chest as possible. I also only try for 5 rounds/province because I like my sleep. I have accidentally done 6 a couple times in my main city, but not in this one. I'm just now getting 4 cleared provinces in some of the tournament types; many are still only 3 cleared, so I'm only doing 630-840 points/tourney. I've got 7 techs to go before Ch 4.

Risen Malchiah

This is the link to my baby city Nupraptor on Elvenstats.

Ok, so 2k in each tournament is misleading, but 3 of the last 5 tournaments have been over 2k. The account started in early May so the very first tournament was the 1020 score in the gems tournament. This city expanded past the goldilocks zone fairly quickly just to gain access to as many provinces as I could. Now that I've unlocked about 8-10 provinces for each tournament, I can slow the scouting a bit.

By skipping every optional squad size tech, my world map provinces are impossible to fight so those will all be negotiated, but it keeps the tournament encounters pretty easy to fight for the first 4 rounds, then half catering in the 5th and almost entirely catered for the 6th.

tincture

Just have your cities in different worlds and then you can have them open in different tabs/windows of the same browser. EZ GG

Risen Malchiah

Just have your cities in different worlds and then you can have them open in different tabs/windows of the same browser. EZ GG
Right, though sometimes a family is using the same computer and want to play in the same world (and are making FA badges simultaneously).

For myself, I prefer to have my cities in the same world since my fellowship has a fellowship family they're affiliated with and maintaining a city in multiple affiliated fellowships is ideal, especially if you're in leadership in one or both. Also, my fellowship was >thisclose< to achieving 10 chests each week and by making a 2nd city specifically to participate in the tournaments allowed us to push over the edge until we can fill the roster completely.

Others of course use extra cities as push accounts which I don't agree with. I do my best to make sure any trading I do with myself is balanced.

DeletedUser5676

making a 2nd city specifically to participate in the tournaments allowed us to push over the edge until we can fill the roster completely.

Others of course use extra cities as push accounts which I don't agree with.
What does Push mean if it doesn't mean using a second account to gain benefits for the first one that allow it to grow faster than without the push account?

Risen Malchiah

@edsparrowpfo Pushing generally refers to using a bigger city to give large amounts of goods to yourself, or using a secondary city to unfairly pump KP into your main city's wonders. The "pushing over the edge" I'm referring to is in regards to getting the extra points needed to get the next chest in the tournament, which I'd argue is not pushing. I am still doing all the work of fighting and catering 6 rounds in 8-10 provinces in the 2nd city using goods and troops made in that city.

DeletedUser9601

What does Push mean if it doesn't mean using a second account to gain benefits for the first one that allow it to grow faster than without the push account?
The general reason people complain against push accounts is that there is 1 main account, and all of the other pushing accounts sacrifice for the benefit of that main account. So in @Risen Malchiah example, if all of the accounts use the tourney rewards on their own cities, or uniformly across the other related cities, its not a problem. But if all of those secondary accounts take the tourney KP rewards and give them to the main account, then its a problem (in the eyes of some - not in the eyes of the moderators).

Risen Malchiah

But if all of those secondary accounts take the tourney KP rewards and give them to the main account, then its a problem (in the eyes of some - not in the eyes of the moderators).
It is a problem in my eyes as well which is why I've kept the tourney rewards for my new city within that city aside from investing a few kp into one wonder to get the rune for an AW the new city will want to unlock. Actually, I haven't counted it all, but my new city has a ton of kp instants saved up for when there's an AW worth building. (Most AWs are not worth building in the first few chapters until ch4-5.)