• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to set up a graph of the Dwarves Chapter VI Portal and Mines

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
I am wanting to set up a graph for my own personal layout of the Dwarves Chapter Portal and mines.
I'm looking at 10 granite mines and 6 foundries.
I'll probably have to use 8 expansions. (That is just a quess-timate.)
Can someone suggest where I can to go to do this?

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
If you don’t want to break out the graph paper and a pencil, I suggest ElvenAchitect. ;) You can load the current arrangement of your city into it from Elven Stats (search your username, then use the button below the graphs that says something like “open city in ElvenArchitect”) or just open a blank grid in the City Planner and play with arranging the Dwarven buildings by themselves. Word of warning, these sites do not actually move buildings in your city, so whatever you create or arrange here will still have to be implemented in your city the normal way.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
If you don’t want to break out the graph paper and a pencil, I suggest ElvenAchitect. ;) You can load the current arrangement of your city into it from Elven Stats (search your username, then use the button below the graphs that says something like “open city in ElvenArchitect”) or just open a blank grid in the City Planner and play with arranging the Dwarven buildings by themselves. Word of warning, these sites do not actually move buildings in your city, so whatever you create or arrange here will still have to be implemented in your city the normal way.
Thank you MaidenFair. I went there and came up with this. Will it work?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Sure, that works fine! If you want to save a little space, you could also arrange it like this and save one whole expansion: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e45d8ce826084a04baf39a234c62e2b4/

If you don't mind putting the expansions in a different arrangement (I don't know if you already have the space in your city, or if you'll be adding expansions for this), then an arrangement similar to this saves a little more space again: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/fc91d40a274b412385b225a9d928b3b9/

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
Sure, that works fine! If you want to save a little space, you could also arrange it like this and save one whole expansion: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e45d8ce826084a04baf39a234c62e2b4/

If you don't mind putting the expansions in a different arrangement (I don't know if you already have the space in your city, or if you'll be adding expansions for this), then an arrangement similar to this saves a little more space again: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/fc91d40a274b412385b225a9d928b3b9/
Oh thank you so much Maiden. You don't know how much relief your help gives me. I am just starting to clear expansions.... I have one at this point :D haha Two more questions. Are your graphs set up North and South Or East and West? Where is "My city" supposed to be? Is the Portal have to be next to a regular street? If so, then I will answer my own question.....

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Oh thank you so much Maiden. You don't know how much relief your help gives me. I am just starting to clear expansions.... I have one at this point :D haha Two more questions. Are your graphs set up North and South Or East and West? Where is "My city" supposed to be? Is the Portal have to be next to a regular street? If so, then I will answer my own question.....
You’re welcome! There are many players on the forum much better at setting up city layouts than I am, but I’m happy to help when I can. :) The graph is currently set so that if you tipped the square up on point by turning it clockwise, it would match your city. And yes, the Portal has to be next to a regular street. When I have access to my laptop again later, I’ll see if I can find your city on ElvenStats, and make an arrangement that fits into what you’ve already got, so it’s clearer.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
You’re welcome! There are many players on the forum much better at setting up city layouts than I am, but I’m happy to help when I can. :) The graph is currently set so that if you tipped the square up on point by turning it clockwise, it would match your city. And yes, the Portal has to be next to a regular street. When I have access to my laptop again later, I’ll see if I can find your city on ElvenStats, and make an arrangement that fits into what you’ve already got, so it’s clearer.
I would appreciate that. I'm going to set the Portal etc up on the side where the Ancient Wonders and Planks are.

Last edited:

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
I really really want to recommend a little tweak:

Designs in the future will be Sooooooo much easier if you place expansions in a "square" or at least try to keep your city in a rectangle
@ SoggyShorts ~ So you think I should put the Portal and mines on the left side of my city? And move the Magic Academy to the black expansion off to the right? After looking at your graph closely I realized there's no room for the workshops to be upgraded to Level 16, which becomes 5x3 instead of 4x3 :confused:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So you think I should put the Portal and mines on the left side of my city?
Yes for sure your next expansions should go into that gap on the left to square up your city a bit.
After looking at your graph closely I realized there's no room for the workshops to be upgraded to Level 16, which becomes 5x3 instead of 4x3 :confused:
There will be plenty of room as you upgrade your residences. You'll just need to move the vertical roads a bit to the right:

TBH I wouldn't go too much deeper into a plan as it will likely evolve through the chapter- You'll win unexpected buildings from events, need more or fewer supplies/armories etc.