• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to win very hard encounters when you lack troops, etc. to win.

BrinDarby

@Willowy , I can't emagine stuck for months, thats when u walk away...
Plus once you're stuck, others see you as inactive cause no progress is made.

@Taryn
I too don't get it also, I'm starting lvl2, and I'm basically stuck again...

I can understand slowing players down with "very hard" provinces, yet
usually attacking 1 square and losing ( 5 racks of troops ) makes attacking
that square easier the next time, but Noooooo.... Even if you kill 1/2 the ppl,
the next time poof they're back.... So 5-7 hours of constant troop training
goes up in smoke in 10 seconds, and you didn't even kill anything.

I also don't understand, if there's no chat, and there's no ingame econ,
and there's only battle with AI, along with the fact that its so easy to get
"stuck", then far too many ppl will quit in the 1st week...

I can't even optimize my city cause to do that I would need an expansion
or two... why isn't there a way to reorganize, without destroying spaces
just so you can move stuff around... have a area to temp set buildings
while you reorganize.... @least thats something to so while u wait.
BrinD

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
another good ones is elvengems.com

It has great basic strategy, and more details as you grow into it. if you're feeling a bit lost, you might get a lot of your questions answered by reading through their introductory info.

AND it has great battle videos/advice so you can learn to fight more efficiently. I'm naturally bad at anything tactical (fighting) but watching these did help.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
???? you help:: how?? just rereading things. How do you know a place is abandoned? Sure would love input on that. thanks!!
As mentioned above, you can check the city on Elvenstats.com. However I find a quicker, simpler test is: are they in a fellowship? Almost every large city you see on the map that is not a member of a fellowship is abandoned. They were likely once in a FS, but got booted for inactivity. The converse of this does NOT hold true all the time. Just because a city is still in a FS does not mean it is being actively played. Sometimes a FS will keep a non-active player on the roll to help the FS score or in the hopes that they will come back.

Deleted User - 4684565

Need easy instructions on how to win the "very hard" encounters" when you do not have enough resources/troops to fight or negotiate. Any advice? thanks
I have a question , why is it the more province's I scout the more it cost and want more supply goods and some are harder to win

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I visit about 180 players a day. It takes me less than 15 minutes and makes my coins almost tooooo much! When I visit I choose the ones I know are active (because I see them in the trading/get visits from them) or members of fellowships (assuming they are more likely to be active than if they aren't in a fellowship). In return I get my MH filled with coins and 10 visits from my neighbors and 20 from my fs. These 30 visits keep my culture boost between 200 and 230 most of the time as I put the Ensorcelled Endowments on my 19 highest culture producing buildings. To do this I keep my MA producing EE's. The combination of EE's and visits really gives my city a boost and makes it so I'm constantly visiting the wholesaler to purchase more goods as my MH is full (again).

That's my strategy anyway.

AJ

Zariantha

As mentioned above, you can check the city on Elvenstats.com. However I find a quicker, simpler test is: are they in a fellowship? Almost every large city you see on the map that is not a member of a fellowship is abandoned. They were likely once in a FS, but got booted for inactivity. The converse of this does NOT hold true all the time. Just because a city is still in a FS does not mean it is being actively played. Sometimes a FS will keep a non-active player on the roll to help the FS score or in the hopes that they will come back.

I give help regardless of whether the city is abandoned. I still get the same amount of coins if it is abandoned. I use the mobile app so neighborly help is a snap.

Deleted User - 4378858

Since conquering provinces is the only way to procure city expansions without spending money, over scouting is practically a given. And since the number of provinces required to obtain city expansions keeps increasing as you lvl up well you see where this is going. I have buildings in my inventory I haven't been able to use for a year because I have no room for them and I have no money to pay the exorbitant prices for expansions. I'm pretty patient but I'm starting to feel a little resentful about a " free to play " game that can't be played without spending money.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Since conquering provinces is the only way to procure city expansions without spending money, over scouting is practically a given. And since the number of provinces required to obtain city expansions keeps increasing as you lvl up well you see where this is going. I have buildings in my inventory I haven't been able to use for a year because I have no room for them and I have no money to pay the exorbitant prices for expansions. I'm pretty patient but I'm starting to feel a little resentful about a " free to play " game that can't be played without spending money.

In time, you develop a technique and learn to progress. It takes a while, and I agree the first five chapters are a bit of a struggle. However, everything can be played for free, and you don't need money. I just bought two expansions with diamonds earned in the spire. I only got extra diamonds once, nearly a year ago, when my son gave me a birthday gift of 20 bucks' worth. Other than that, everything's come from the spire or from wishing wells or genies (the genies are also gotten in the spire.)

Once you get used to everything, you'll find ways to put down the buildings you need to put down. (That said, right now I do have a fully-leveled silk and dust factory in my inventory because I can't find room to put it down. But I probably will after I finish this S and D chapter, which has HUGE settlement buildings that I find rather ridiculous. I HOPE the next chapter isn't quite as bad!)

At any rate, with enough planning, you can do this and get what you need without buying diamonds. Good luck to you, Momas.

Zariantha

In time, you develop a technique and learn to progress. It takes a while, and I agree the first five chapters are a bit of a struggle. However, everything can be played for free, and you don't need money. I just bought two expansions with diamonds earned in the spire. I only got extra diamonds once, nearly a year ago, when my son gave me a birthday gift of 20 bucks' worth. Other than that, everything's come from the spire or from wishing wells or genies (the genies are also gotten in the spire.)

I also play without spending money. It feels more satisfying to me to play the game that way. I have a city that I earned through time and effort, not a bunch of buildings I paid to collect. I get diamonds in the spire and if I get lucky in the mystery chest in the magic academy. I only use diamonds to purchase expansions and I wait until expansions are discounted to buy them. My advice is join an active fellowship that completes levels in the spire.

Sajin

If you are facing "Very Hard" provinces you are probably over-scouted. This is the game's method of slowing you down until your technology and city capabilities catch up. In short, you aren't intended to clear those provinces; they are for later chapters.
Agreed. You need to increase your squad size and perhaps promote a troop type.or 2.