• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How's your Summer Solstice going?

DeletedUser19483

I know there is a feedback thread and stuff but I wanted to make a thread where I can hear how you guys are doing, what you don't like, what you like, and how your doing bad/good.......this sounds like a feedback thread......*shoulder shrug*

I feel like I'm doing awful in the event. I'm try to plan a head but to no avail. The quests are time consuming and resource expending. I like the prizes though and the whole five flower chest is I guess a nice touch. All in all I prefered the last Event over this one but I like the fact they seem to be getting into the whole evolving buildings thing.

Vergazi

I despise these Stonehenge evolving buildings. I haven't put it down and probably will not. However, I do like the spell fragments I will get from breaking the henge and artifacts. It looks like the builders of Göbekli Tepe had something to do with it's design and construction.
Picture30.jpg

DeletedUser20951

I am almost completely ambivalent towards this event, really. As the prizes are so-so and my loathing of the quest layout being dependent on possessing a master quest list to finish (despite the lies from up above claiming this is not so, it is obviously designed for those in the know), I'm not planning ahead, basically taking quests as they come, and will be lucky to finish every sequential before the end. In my current mood (and that of the last few weeks or so), I fail to muster any outrage. It is what it is, what it is, and I tend to my virtual sandcastle with diligence, and the contentedness found in the routine.

Socrates28

Nonchalant Antipathy and I have disagreeded on the list idea and I have no desire to rehash it here. For me the event is neither bad nor good. It all depends on how I/we want to approach it. I am taking what I need from it and leaving the rest. I was fortunate to be between chapters so I had the room and pop to add the extra ws and mfg's needed to complete the quests in a timely manner.
I fail to muster any outrage. It is what it is, what it is, and I tend to my virtual sandcastle with diligence, and the contentedness found in the routine.
I firmly agree.

New to the forum, but playing over 2 years. This is the first event, I may not be able to finish. It has nothing to do with preparing ahead, just resources. Orcs have been my downfall. Hadn't realized how many I would need to finish constructs, and entered the event with a poor amount. Had to stop playing last thursday, as my orcs and silk resources were completely depleted ( Had over 1 million silk to start). Used up the silk when I use enough figthers ( not a big fighter anyway). As of today, my orcs are still too low to really make a difference, so it's not looking good. Mostly, I don't mind, as I'm not very impressed with the rewards, but I don't like to quit. IMO, the relic/province/encounter quests are killer. I would have liked a more balanced set of quests.

Black watch

I voted poorly not because I'm having trouble getting through the quest line, but because I'm going through the quest line and not getting any prizes. Okay, let me clarify that.
I'm getting coin fills, supply windfalls and other spells, I don't want and don't need, I think the buildings they offer are just filaments of imagination put there to tease me. Loved the winter event, the Carnival and the Phoenix was a lot of fun. This one, the grand prize doesn't really do it for me, but some of the dailies I was drooling over to replace and upgrade "old" buildings. That's not happened and I'm not very happy.
The fact that Inno decided to make their chests different from all the other events I think was a poor call on their part. It's screwed up the "odds" so much so, that only a few of my clan has actually gotten a building. No one seems happy with that.

Deleted User - 3932582

I voted poorly not because I'm having trouble getting through the quest line, but because I'm going through the quest line and not getting any prizes. Okay, let me clarify that.
I'm getting coin fills, supply windfalls and other spells, I don't want and don't need, I think the buildings they offer are just filaments of imagination put there to tease me. Loved the winter event, the Carnival and the Phoenix was a lot of fun. This one, the grand prize doesn't really do it for me, but some of the dailies I was drooling over to replace and upgrade "old" buildings. That's not happened and I'm not very happy.
The fact that Inno decided to make their chests different from all the other events I think was a poor call on their part. It's screwed up the "odds" so much so, that only a few of my clan has actually gotten a building. No one seems happy with that.
True, odds for dailies are somewhat worse - but is is much less the odds, and more your individual sample this time around. Keep rolling ;)

As a counterexample (equally unconvincing sample of 1), in the last even it did take me ~800 essence to get the first daily (this was way worse than expected). This time around I rolled a daily on the first chest, and not particularly good chest at that (Dark Wood/25). It happens.

NightshadeCS

My answer is really split down the middle, but has little to do with the quest setup than my place in my cities.

My #1 city, I am doing just fine. I had slowed down a lot on clearing provinces, so have a lot of easy ones to fulfill the encounter and relic quests. Scouting takes forever, but usually there is another option, and I also have loads of time instants saved up from the Phoenix Event. Also plenty of extra buildings in inventory to disenchant for spell fragments.

My #2 city, doing quite badly. I have never been this far behind my primary city on the questline. I have no room, as I am right near the end of Dwarves and have every square occupied. My provinces are all extra hard difficulty, so having to spend a good amount of my stockpile to clear provinces.

BUT, after playing for many years, I do not expect to be able to do equally well in every event with both cities. Same with FAs and other side events. My play style is to always have a backup for everything. I keep a good amount of "stuff" in storage, and am never maxed out on provinces and/or scouting. I know these events are coming pretty often, and I want to do well in them, so I plan accordingly. Really, it is mostly my personality, though. I am a compulsive saver and can't stand to NOT have a cushion for everything.

Final impression, this quest seems more difficult because of the province-clearing, primarily. Where you are in the game can make this very difficult to complete.

yelf

I know there is a feedback thread and stuff but I wanted to make a thread where I can hear how you guys are doing, what you don't like, what you like, and how your doing bad/good.......this sounds like a feedback thread......*shoulder shrug*

I feel like I'm doing awful in the event. I'm try to plan a head but to no avail. The quests are time consuming and resource expending. I like the prizes though and the whole five flower chest is I guess a nice touch. All in all I prefered the last Event over this one but I like the fact they seem to be getting into the whole evolving buildings thing.

I'm not a complainer...I love my Elvenar....but this Summer Solstice takes the cake. The quests are absolutely ridiculous...waaaaaay too many "encounters" required (tourney AND map) and waaaaay too many spells. If you haven't used the cheat sheet and planned well ahead you'l be lucky if you can do a single quest in days. These events should be light-hearted and fun, interesting and puzzling, not a horrible drudge. They are trying to slow us down but have made this one miserable. Please!! Let's go back to doable events!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How am I the second person to vote "the soggy answer"?:p
Normally that answer would be "I'm done" but this time I've been logging in almost daily with no plan and not presetting anything and doing pretty well. I'm not afraid to dip into my timer stash for upgrade or scout quests or even gain spell ones.
I tested it on beta and managed logging in 10x per week with no spoilers so I'm sure I'll be fine here.

Venar's III is just enough incentive to keep me interested since it'll be better than a residence for me until Feb 2021, maybe even summer 2021.

Crowella

I think I'm about average. I don't have enough provinces open to be able to use tournament encounters so I have to negotiate in provinces, but I was going to need to do that to move to chapter 4 anyway. My real goal in this event is to get into chapter 4 by the time Glossy Garden and Venars Rocks III arrive so I can get just a little extra culture and population from them. If I can do that, I'll be happy. I'm making reasonable progress on my research, and I'm at quest 72 in the sequential quests, so I think I'll probably finish. I'm not totally planning ahead, just looking at the next 5-10 quests to see if there's anything coming up. Trying to use the tournaments for most of the relic and enchantment quests.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm not afraid to dip into my timer stash for upgrade or scout quests or even gain spell ones.

Same here. Without those time reducers that I had stockpiled, and those I have gotten during this event, I would be way behind where I am right now, as I am about to finish quest 96. And as I have said in other threads discussing preparing in advance or not, as usual, I did little advance work, mainly just having scouted provinces ready and making a little space for extra production, but not actually starting any of that production before it was needed.

Socrates28

Every players playing style is different because people are different. If your plan is not to have a plan, all well and good. Perhaps I have undiagnosed AADD, but when I saw what was expected to finish the event I planned it out and being between chapters and having all that guest space available gave me a big advantage. I finished 2 days ago because of that advantage and planning. That is my way of playing and I am happy to be through the quests and focus on tournaments and helping the members of my FS finish as much of it as they can as well. Perhaps your playing style is somewhere in between my extreme examples, and I say "Good for you!"
Lastly I say "Viva the players of Elvenar whatever your style!" It is your game. Play it your way.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
2 quests to go. I'm going to have a level 10 Stonehenge and got 7 upgrades to get level 8 already so it could sit until the end. My problem now is that I probably want too many of the ending dailies. Have to get 2 Vernar's III. That was the plan. BUT now I want to add at least 2-4 glossy gardens to replace regular houses (same size & shape), a Mother Dragon and a Cozy Farm. Here's hoping for some good luck!!

Deleted User - 3932582

I have finished the main questline on Tuesday - was waiting for another tournament to start. If I was willing to negotiate a couple of map provinces, I could have finished on Saturday. All this with practically no time instants (but obviously with some prep work). Had to nuke a few buildings to clear out the space temporarily.

Now waiting for time boosters/Black Lotus/Venar's Rock III days. Only got 3x Venar's Rocks I so far, so sitting on 5K+ flares...

kctanzen

I overspent on Auction day -- but was having such a phenomenal run of luck....
Wound up gaining 1200 bonus flares, so between what I had allocated to spend and the bonus flares, I spent just over 2500.
I got 8 of those big suckers ... and figure that this gives me a lot of options as i do a re-design of my city entering elementals.
The 5 or 6 or even 7 that I dont use convert to a *lot* of spell fragments for my crafting addiction (timers and battle huts mostly).

My rough guesstimate is that I'll have about 3k sunflares between now and the end of the event and still need to roll through 6 lines of flowers to get the 3 evolver instants to get Stonehenge to max, if i choose to place it.

I'm now saving up for Venar Rock 3 and crossing fingers that I have similar luck on that day as I did on the Auction daily.

Deleted User - 3932582

I overspent on Auction day -- but was having such a phenomenal run of luck....
Wound up gaining 1200 bonus flares, so between what I had allocated to spend and the bonus flares, I spent just over 2500.
I got 8 of those big suckers ... and figure that this gives me a lot of options as i do a re-design of my city entering elementals.
The 5 or 6 or even 7 that I dont use convert to a *lot* of spell fragments for my crafting addiction (timers and battle huts mostly).

My rough guesstimate is that I'll have about 3k sunflares between now and the end of the event and still need to roll through 6 lines of flowers to get the 3 evolver instants to get Stonehenge to max, if i choose to place it.

I'm now saving up for Venar Rock 3 and crossing fingers that I have similar luck on that day as I did on the Auction daily.
I wouldn't got for dailies for disenchantment purposes that early in the event, when you still have dailies that you want to hit. You just take away your flexibility. With the current event setup if you wanted to get specific number of Auctions and Venar's Rocks I'd go for those first, and then waste what's left on the last day. Cozy Farm is practically the same as Auction for disenchantment purposes (24 vs 25 squares), so that works really well for cleanup. Right now you might get less of VR3s than you wanted due to bad luck, and you will be kicking yourself for rolling those extra Auctions that you don't really need.

I assume you don't intend to place all 8 Auctions in the city, right? ;)