• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

HTML5 Chat Box Scrolls to the left

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6788

Game version: v1.81.7-(3f47bb9) (2019-06-20 15:38)
Game world: Elcysandir
Browser + version: Firefox Nightly 69.0a1 (2019-06-13) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: HTML5
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1600x1024
Account name: Lunar Nocturne
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A (if applicable)

Current situation:
When typing text in the chat box in the new HTML5 version of the game which it asked me to update to today, anything longer than the box constantly scrolls back to the left, leaving you unsure of whether you have typed correctly.
__

Expected situation:
The text box should remain focused on the area the text cursor is in and not slide what you are typing out of view.
__

Reproduction Steps
Type anything in the text box longer than the box is.

In other news, the new HTML5 version looks amazing, and fixes a weird graphical error with strange lines on my 50" screen, which is nice. Also seems to be a bit smoother running so far. Excellent work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18011

I played with the HTML option a while back (I happened to notice it in the settings and gave it a go). All in all I think it's success but during tactical combat on the PC (which I do 90% of the time) there was a very annoying 'flash' where the screen effectively went blank but it happens in a millisecond.. but it's annoying to me and for that alone I went back to the Flash version. I hate flashing things.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Reproducibility: 5/5
If you are truly experiencing this ever time you log in, then there is an issue specific to you, as most of us are able to get it to stop by refreshing the browser. It's still a bug, but it is not happening all the time to most of us.

DeletedUser6788

So far, it has been reproduced every time. It's a minor issue and mostly just leads to occasional typos, it is very possible it could be me though. It could be the HTML5 interacting with Adguard for all I know...actually scratch that. It seems very plausible that this is an issue with Adguard interacting with something in the HTML5 as disabling it and reloading the game stopped the issue for the moment.

If you are truly experiencing this ever time you log in, then there is an issue specific to you, as most of us are able to get it to stop by refreshing the browser. It's still a bug, but it is not happening all the time to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.