• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hurricane Harvey (weather.com)

Laochra

Harvey made landfall Friday night near Rockport, Texas, north of Corpus Christi, as the first Category 4 hurricane to landfall in the U.S. since Charley in August 2004. It's expected to slowly shear it way up the gulf coast all the way to Louisiana. 40 inches of rain are expected in Southeast Texas. I pray for everyone living there that they remain safe and experience no loss in home or life. For all the ArchMages here in Elvenar that adhere to strict participation requirements for their FS, I hope that you will all be setting aside your rules for the next several weeks while the players that live in this area try to maintain some sort of normalcy in their real lives. I say weeks because I know how bad hurricane damage can disrupt everyday life (Isabelle not only forced me from my home for several days, but we were without power for 2 weeks afterward).

DeletedUser1036

I know what you mean, I have lived in Florida most of my life. The last one that came through left us without power for 2 weeks here.

Laochra

We were on the coast of Virginia with Isabelle, then we moved to SW Florida about a year after Charlie hit.

Calenmir

Such a great post. Thank you for it. I did know it was coming in and warned all my FSs. They have all been so kind and understanding of absences! I'm here in Galveston and we are doing rather well all things considered. Houston not so much.

It's not over yet. We still have at least one more day (maybe 2) of severe levels of rain, so do keep your members personal needs in mind. And that doesn't mean they can just get back to it. So many other real life issues will be their priority.

You are wonderful for posting this and I do hope there are many AMs that read it and understand.

Laochra

:D Thanks!
I am glad to know that you are doing well! I've had a couple of members in different realms mention that they or a loved one was near the Houston area.