• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I’m curious

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
LOL, that is simple I rarely ever drink alcohol, except for a bloody mary a few times a year on special occasions.

Never liked them at all even when I snuck them when I was 10

I must be on the dark side since I prefer the Frog Princess, but don't hold that against me as I hate going up against them as enemies

Any other questions?
Why yes of course ….
Whats your favorite thing about Elvenar ?
Do you have children ? just askin cuz if you don’t ….. you do now …a whole bunch!! :rolleyes: :eek:o_O

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Jagerbombs have a nice flavor though. Or at least, compared to the other things I've had during that one night, it was the best tasting concoction. It's something I can easily see myself forgetting myself and begin to sorely test my caffeine tolerance with.
If you wanted to REALLY test your caffeine tolerance while drinking, you should have tried the original 4 Loko formula. When first introduced a 23.5 ounce can contained 165 mg of caffeine. Depending on the regulations in your state, alcohol content varied from 8% to 14% (it was 14% in NC). The original formula I'm describing is no longer made. The caffeine was preventing people from passing out while drinking heavily and led to multiple cases of alcohol poisoning. So they took the caffeine out.

Zoof

Can we change to "Irish Car Bombs"? (actually didn't know the english name for that one)
For some reason, I immediately imagined a very loud man with a bagpipe and a kilt wearing a turban and a suspicious-looking vest.

And for some reason, Googling what "Irish Car Bomb" is doesn't help at all with the image. And further reading the article, it seems I'm not the only one who thought those thoughts.
1656195262857.png

I feel just a little bit worse about myself for this. That doesn't stop me from wanting the drink, though. That looks like something I gotta try!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Can we change to "Irish Car Bombs"? (actually didn't know the english name for that one)
That is the english name. Or do you mean English is not your native language and you looked it up before posting? If so, what is your native language and what is the Irish Car Bomb called in it?

muffy.

@muffy. Since you like Jager Bombs, have you ever tried a Flaming Dr. Pepper shot?
No I hadn’t till just now ….It looks awesome and I love amaretto …..strangely tho there’s no Dr. Pepper, I was totally ready to be a pepper too !! Have you had this @Henroo ? Is it good ?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
No I hadn’t till just now ….It looks awesome and I love amaretto …..strangely tho there’s no Dr. Pepper, I was totally ready to be a pepper too !! Have you had this @Henroo ? Is it good ?
Of course I have had it. I wouldn't talk about it without first hand experience. ;) And if you do it right, it does in fact taste like Dr. Pepper, despite not actually having any in the mix. I'm not sure what recipe you looked up, but here is how we always did it:

1. Fill a beer glass with 3 to 4 inches of beer. Make *SURE* the amount of beer in the glass is enough to submerge a shot glass. But also make sure to not put too much beer, otherwise you will dilute the flavor of the finished shot.
2. Fill a shot glass 3/4 with Amaretto. Fill the final 1/4 with Bacardi 151.
3. Light the Bacardi 151 on top of the shot glass. Then drop the flaming shot glass into the beer. As soon as you do this, chug it all. Do it right and it really does taste like Dr. Pepper.

Several points of caution:
1. Be very careful when handling the flaming shot glass. The reasons for this should be obvious.
2. There MUST be enough beer in the glass to submerge the flaming shot glass and put the fire out before you chug the entire mixture. Once again, the reasons for this should be obvious.
3. The only time I ever made this shot was with traditional pilsner style beers like Budweiser, Icehouse, or Michelob. I do not think it would taste right if done with IPAs or craft beer.

muffy.

Of course I have had it. I wouldn't talk about it without first hand experience. ;) And if you do it right, it does in fact taste like Dr. Pepper, despite not actually having any in the mix. I'm not sure what recipe you looked up, but here is how we always did it:

1. Fill a beer glass with 3 to 4 inches of beer. Make *SURE* the amount of beer in the glass is enough to submerge a shot glass. But also make sure to not put too much beer, otherwise you will dilute the flavor of the finished shot.
3. Light the Bacardi 151 on top of the shot glass. Then drop the flaming shot glass into the beer. As soon as you do this, chug it all. Do it right and it really does taste like Dr. Pepper.

1. Be very careful when handling the flaming shot glass. The reasons for this should be obvious.
2. There MUST be enough beer in the glass to submerge the flaming shot glass and put the fire out before you chug the entire mixture. Once again, the reasons for this should be obvious.
3. The only time I ever made this shot was with traditional pilsner style beers like Budweiser, Icehouse, or Michelob. I do not think it would taste right if done with IPAs or craft beer.
Oh I like your recipe better !! Thanks.. can’t wait to try it

Killy-

Or do you mean English is not your native language and you looked it up before posting? If so, what is your native language and what is the Irish Car Bomb called in it?
Yep, I take that option. My native language is german. I don't like most of these "bombs" and remembered the one I do enjoy. Sadly I did't remember the name and I had to google the ingredients, only to be confused about the english name and finding me double checking my discovery.:D

Alram

Flippers just flip

4. Chugging anything with Bacardi 151 in it is just asking to fall down.