• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I’m figgering on biggering and BIGGERING and BIGGERING and BIGGERING!

• Thread starter DeletedUser19458
  • Start date

Risen Malchiah

I've been trying to figure out what to do with my city. Is it really necessary to place every summoning? I have visited my fellows in the FS and some of the cities are huge and difficult to navigate. I would like to spread things out and be more visual but at what cost? One of my neighbors has cleared the city of almost everything but the roads and the essentials. I am going to keep watching and see where it ends up.
If you place everything, you will indeed have a very difficult time managing your city.

If you place everything you win, you won't have enough space set aside for guest race settlements, making those chapters take FAR longer than they should. Also, some event buildings are simply more efficient than others. For that reason, it is good to occasionally compare what you win to something else in your city. If it's better and space is an issue, then sell the old thing and replace it. I see way too many advanced cities holding onto things that are from a very early chapter. Unless you truly love the design of something, outdated buildings should go.

It's also good practice to always keep a bunch of things in your inventory. Some quests ask you to get spell fragments and having things ready to break is helpful. Or in a pinch, you may discover you need a little more population to upgrade something and having a building you can pull out to help that is nice.

DeletedUser8192

I actually really like this idea ... once I get to end of chapters maybe I'll mow down my city and rebuild it in visual manner that I like, rather than for sake of trying to complete research.

Yes I decided to go through Elementals just to check it out but I have no current desire for anything after that and elementals has nothing I want for decoration so except I might keep a couple of canals for the look.(I am only about halfway through atm)

It was fun tearing stuff down my first time, I actually breathed easier when I looked at my Kingdom it looked so nice, can't wait to do it again however this event kicked my butt cuz I ripped out 5 maxed out workshops only to end up needing them, so it cost me a LOT this event to try and even move forward so i might have to leave them up just so i can play fuure events..

I am not liking that though so I might tear down the 3 i just built later on and simply quit playing events
*I don't like any game to force me into a play position I don't want*

DeletedUser8192

It would be nice if we had some critters roaming the outskirts of our cities even if we had to craft them or earn.
Fish jumping, deer roaming, dogs exploring...lions prowling....

I have always wanted this AND the Unicorns...I never understood why devs never saw that as a cool thing to implement in a game when you have a set-up involving, open land, woods, mountains etc.. It would make things so much nicer visually.

but then so would being able to keep items from previous items that look cool, without either having a bunch of Z's or an item over the top of it..

Do you have to place every summonable building? No, place the ones that cater to your play style. Does it provide non boosted goods? Are you short on those that it provides? Does it provide military benefits? Do you like to fight or cater? If catering is your preference then you may choose to not place building that give military benefits (Units ect.) Find what suits how you want to run your city and place those, or just stick to the basics and save some space to make things look a bit more ordered. It is really your choice.

Sounds like good advice, thanks.