• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

i dont understand

• Thread starter DeletedUser4886
  • Start date

DeletedUser4886

i do not understand why there are so many one star and no star trades. this really does not seem fair. i am not even talking about outside of tier trades . for example i give you 300 planks but i only get 200 marble. i go looking for trades, and there are rarely any fair trades. i always give fair trades. it seems being fair is detrimental.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It is more than likely that these trades are from players you have not discovered, and the trader puts an extra fee on them that makes them less then 2 stars. If there is an exclamation mark in front of the trade, then this is why it is less then a 2 star trade.

Liang Yee

Most of the trades are fair (at least 2-star). But I do agree there are a few who constantly put up one-star or even zero-star trades, which is very irritating. But if you see lots of 'unfair' trades on the trader list, most likely those are from players who you haven't discovered on the world map. For players you haven't discovered, the trader will impose a trader fee, which will make fair trades become unfair.

DeletedUser4886

DeletedUser4886

@FearlessCatalina

Your best bet is to continue posting trades, anything you need toss it up. There are bigger players around you who have discovered you, they can see your fair trades and they will take them. Put up what you need instead of waiting for someone else to put up a trade you can take.
Most of the trades are fair (at least 2-star). But I do agree there are a few who constantly put up one-star or even zero-star trades, which is very irritating. But if you see lots of 'unfair' trades on the trader list, most likely those are from players who you haven't discovered on the world map. For players you haven't discovered, the trader will impose a trader fee, which will make fair trades become unfair.
as i repied above i have discovered these unfair trders already.

Liang Yee

I always put up 3-star trades. I just cannot understand why there are players who constantly put up unfair trades. For me, it's just irritating!

DeletedUser2396

The Stars are not exactly Fair - mind you - even a 2 star or 3 star trade can be unfair - take for instance a Cross-Tier trade from Tier 3 to Tier 1 at 0.06 ratio - this is an unfair trade 1,000 (Tier3-goods) for 16,000 (Tier1-goods) but the trader says it is a 2 star trade of equal value - it isn't equal value when you consider the space requirement per square and all the other factors involved in the trade (Population*Culture*Workshop*etc...

I myself when making Cross-Tier trades perfer to give "value" to not only my Fellowship but also to my World Map neighbors i make a trade like this for example:
CrossTier1.jpg

CrossTier2.jpg

These say they are 3 star trades but still you can't go by the Star Trades in Trader as it just isn't fair the way they have it set up - look at the numbers which would you take a trade for:
current Trader for 2 Star at 0.06 ratio
1,000 Elixir for 16,000 Steel
or mine as i set up above that i offer

DeletedUser2963

which would you take a trade for:
current Trader for 2 Star at 0.06 ratio
1,000 Elixir for 16,000 Steel
or mine as i set up above that i offer
None of the above. Forum sets fair trade ratio at 5:2:1.
Your offer is much better than the standard set by the game, but I still wouldn't touch it.

Edit: To be fair, I only accept cross tier trades in emergencies from FS members. The Exception: If a player has a score of under 10k I usually take every single trade they post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The Stars are not exactly Fair - mind you - even a 2 star or 3 star trade can be unfair - take for instance a Cross-Tier trade

This is not entirely true. The trades are 100% fair based on the view of cost in supplies/coins. Many players however take a view based on space to produce, based on this view the star value is unfair. It really comes down to which view you are using or more specifically the view of the person you are trying to entice to accept your trade.

@Iyapo There is also an odd spot (era 3) in the game for human players where they need T3 goods (for superior residences) but can't produce them yet. This however is short lived and they are always trading up for T3 goods. The recent wholesaler change does let them purchase T3 goods with excess coins at any time now so it may reduce this need marginally.