• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I like the way the Tournaments have changed :-)

Asterque

I like the way the Tournaments now offer those "hard to find" relics! Prior to this change, I had to watch and hope for a much needed relic to pop up here and there; but now each week like this week they offer the "plank" relic. I recently used my last one while crafting, and when I needed to craft more combining catalyst, I was clean out. What to do? Hope for one to pop up here and there, while constantly watching for the Magic Academy crafting tab to offer it ... which never happens when I really need it. I mean, we get relics while clearing provinces which is a given, but sometimes, I don't have one the I need the most unlocked, so I'm just saying that it's really great to have another source of relics which is now offered in the Tournaments. Excellent. ;)

Awesome!!!

Asterque

Hey, that's very nice of you. I don't hold a Master's degree in Elvenar, so any help is a given, regardless of how unlearned it may seem. I mean, I've been wanting to join the forum to ask these silly little questions of the member base, rather than asking support all the time.. ha! Hey, you can't learn if ya don't ask... hmm? Anyway... Many thanks for the "Read." I'll pass it along to other less knowledgeable nooblets like myself.

Still, I really like the changes :cool:...

C-Nymph

Not sure if trolling or genuine...

But tournaments have for as long as they existed offered each type of relic. One week after another. First marble, then steel, then planks, then each tier 2 and then each tier 3. Each week a different one. Not a result of the tournament change.

Asterque

Not sure if trolling or genuine...

But tournaments have for as long as they existed offered each type of relic. One week after another. First marble, then steel, then planks, then each tier 2 and then each tier 3. Each week a different one. Not a result of the tournament change.

Hey, it's been a while... had some issues with internet during the former Halloween event. After many changes, I'm back. Sorry for the belated "thank you" for your comment. Or should I say, "thank you for sharing." I don't guess it does a lot of good for a person to be unlearned and ask about certain things in this forum... Actually, as far as I could tell, the look, feel and rewards generated in each tournament seemed more expansive to me. Of course, I could be wrong, and if so, I'm certain I'll hear it loud and clear ... And again, I'll say, "thank you for sharing!" ... Trolling???

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Asterque
Take some of these comments with a grain of salt. Some folks seem to forget what it was like to be new.
The tourneys do follow the order of the goods as listed right to left in your main hall (or top to bottom in the dropdown from the user bar). My guess is you started tourneys when they were on the Tier 2 or 3 relic tourneys and you didn't have those goods yet, so didn't automatically connect the rotation. It took me a couple months to figure out the tourneys weren't just a drain on my resources and that I actually had a use for the rewards, lol!
Please keep asking questions, that's best way to learn the ropes. Just ignore any less than helpful comments; it's a public board and not everyone is as kind as they could be. Happy gaming!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't guess it does a lot of good for a person to be unlearned and ask about certain things in this forum...
You just happened to have hit a sore spot. Lots of advanced players got the short end of the stick with the tournament changes so right away your thread title made some of them see red.
Go ahead and ask anything you want, PM some of the regulars if you don't want to do it publicly, but you shouldn't feel discouraged.

Asterque

Well Merry Christmas to you all, and thank you "Soggy Shorts" and "SamIdodamage," for your encouraging comments. And yes, one day I randomly asked a player I didn't even know, what are "Boosted Goods?" Okay, don't throw bottles at me... But I really did ask that question! Eventually, I gave in and decided to join the forum so I could ask questions without bugging other people.

Just so you know... your helpful responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again...

Asterque

shimmerfly

Questions are always welcome here! Most love to help out.
Merry Christmas to you too! Glad your enjoying the game and learning! We were all new at some time so ask away.

edeba

I like the way the Tournaments now offer those "hard to find" relics! Prior to this change, I had to watch and hope for a much needed relic to pop up here and there; but now each week like this week they offer the "plank" relic. I recently used my last one while crafting, and when I needed to craft more combining catalyst, I was clean out. What to do? Hope for one to pop up here and there, while constantly watching for the Magic Academy crafting tab to offer it ... which never happens when I really need it. I mean, we get relics while clearing provinces which is a given, but sometimes, I don't have one the I need the most unlocked, so I'm just saying that it's really great to have another source of relics which is now offered in the Tournaments. Excellent. ;)

Awesome!!!
I don't think the tournaments changed to offer relics. As far as I know, they always have offered relics. What has happened with the tournament that probably affects newbies more than players like me who have accumulated between 8-16k of each relic, is the drastic reduction in the number of provinces that you can do so gaining a stockpile if you have a level 5 Magic Academy and are making MM spells around the clock. It is a little less tight if you are making CC spells around the clock. For MM spells there are two relics that you need 6 per day and there is 63 days per tournament cycle so you need 378 relics per tournament cycle. Going out 10 provinces to level 6 and another 9 to level 5 gives 4590 points and 378 relics. I guess you also get the 20 that comes with the 10 chests if you are in a 10 chest FS. Just have one cycle that you can't play strong and you are screwed for having enough relics. That happened to me on beta when my sister was dying. They cancelled my most needed tournament and I play a fairly strong game but I only had about an extra 200 relics when it was cancelled and when I looked back to understand how it was that I was so much lower because I played a reasonably strong game overall, well, it was because the last trip I took with her fell on that tournament, and then her death and all that goes with loss also fell on the same tournament, and then, it was just the most difficult tournament where average scores were lower, so everyone was getting less of those relics, although you wouldn't notice it if you didn't need them in the MA. The new tournament design is drastically more difficult moving forward from that 4590 points and 378 relics then what the old tournament was so stockpiling relics to get you through cycles that life events prevent you from playing is a big hit for newer players.

Iyapo1

What has happened with the tournament that probably affects newbies more than players like me
Newbies dont have 19 provinces open on the map.
For MM spells there are two relics that you need 6 per day and there is 63 days per tournament cycle so you need 378 relics per tournament cycle. Going out 10 provinces to level 6 and another 9 to level 5 gives 4590 points and 378 relics. I guess you also get the 20 that comes with the 10 chests if you are in a 10 chest FS.
You also get 8 from each province of that type you clear and 5 for each relic you craft in the MA, add in a few per week for being neighborly and a handful in whichever event is handing them out. I understand why the dribs and drab over a 63 day cycle dont interest you with your 8k surplus but they have a pretty significant impact on newbies.