• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I love my Pets but

Genefer

There are not enough opportunities to craft Pet Food. There are more Pets or Pet revivals being added all the time, but Pet Food is in short supply.

I have the Panda Bear, which I regretted building originally, but as I have increased my completed providences & increased the number of pets in my city the potential is huge - 326,400 T1 goods, but only if I have 5 bags of Pet Food. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not think I have ever been able to craft 5 in a week. Of course, I would need a total of 7 to feed my Fire Phoenix during the Tournament and feed my other Pets to get the full potential of the Panda.

Considering, most pets have a 48hr production and none can be Enchanted with endowments - without the feed bonus their value is minimal.

Without being able to Enchant them - I would prefer the polish option be removed, because I lose a potential of 6 Enchanted Polished Buildings - such as mana buildings, to the Pets.

It would be nice if we could craft Pet Food in Bulk and if add the ability to enchant them or discard the neighborly help.

Yes, I know this is just how it is, but wouldn't it be nice :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have a brown bear, polar bear, and fire phoenix, and in storage, I have an aureate and a storm. I don't run out of pet food. But I can understand if people have a lot of pets, they may. I'm just wondering if they are really worth the cost. Only you can decide which ones you love the most. In later chapters space is at such a premium that it seems making tough choices is the norm. You'll probably have to chop a few someday. I'd probably do a cost/benefit analysis to see which ones I'd like to chop. Good luck.

Genefer

Exactly, without the ability to feed them they can't compete with other buildings. It is just unfortunate to have to get rid (store) buildings that cost so much to build & evolve. I don't even bother with them in Events now - they are not cost effective.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just like all other crafting, pet food is random, so some people may see one or two per week, out of 28 crafting rotations, and some may see ten per week. If you don't see all four rotations each day, you are hurting yourself. If you do not have the pet food slot empty when the next rotation starts, you lose out on the chance at pet food for that six hours.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The last few events have offered the Savory Bites building which makes pet food. Yes it does expire after 10 days, but it is better than nothing. If you are diligent about collecting, it should be good for 5 extra pet food before expiring. I also figure it is a matter of time until they offer either an evolving building or a set of buildings which will make additional pet food on a permanent basis.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This is one of the main reasons I have not been doing events for a while now. First, just how many evolving buildings do I want to have to store? Second, how many pets do I want that I can never feed?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is one of the main reasons I have not been doing events for a while now. First, just how many evolving buildings do I want to have to store? Second, how many pets do I want that I can never feed?

You like building all the Wonders and I like having every single evolving building in my city. And it works for both of us because we are not over-optimizers. :)

Only my Coldfire Phoenix is not level 10 and that is only because when it originally came out, I converted the artifacts to original Phoenix artifacts. And one more artifact and my Raccoon will be 10 also.

Raccon

I would need a total of 7 to feed my Fire Phoenix during the Tournament
One way to mitigate your problem is to reduce your spending when possible, 7 pet food a week for fire phoenix is way too high. If you waited to start your Spire untill tournament started on Tuesday and then fed your fire phoenix you could finish both tournament and spire with only 3 pet food for your fire phoenix. You'll need to use some time boosters to catchup with the Spire, but, time boosters are more abundant and much easier to get (from spire & MA) than the pet food.
Also if I were you, I'd build/evolve and feed buildings that are extreamly essential rather than 'nice to have' ones or every thing that is rewarded in the events. This way you'd save space on top of pet food ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Timewarp+Polar Bear has gotten my Fire Phoenix feeds down to 2 and then 1 feed for Polar Bear. I am now net positive each week on Pet Food. Can reduce that even more if I max my Timewarp, but currently can’t make enough troops fast enough to do the whole tourney in one day so no point in implementing that strategy yet. Some ugly tournaments like Dust or Scroll, I might feed Twilight for the later rounds and need to feed Brown Bear too, so that brings it back up to 5/week for certain tourneys. I feed Red Panda during FAs. The rest don’t get fed as they aren’t needed as city is built sustainably. For example, anything that gives more goods get skipped since I am already net positive on goods so I don’t need “more” (quotation fingers because sense of “enough” is subjective).

Genefer

Sorry Raccon - I was not clear I do not use 7 for the phoenix now I only need 2 at most 3 - with the timewarp. I was referring to the Panda - to get the most value I would like to use it at a time when I can feed all my pets - not all the time, but occasionally.

the game exists to make money for the owners by selling diamonds. Shortage of time and resources are the driving forces for there being a game at all

Of course, and I spend a lot of money on this game - obscene amount of money- honestly if my husband did not hold to his refusal to ever fight about money - I would probably be in the process of a divorce lol

PET FOOD!!!!! Please make it more available! My whole game is centered around it's availability!! I have built my whole city around fighting, and you make UUU's, MMM's, ELR's and PET FOOD absolutely scarce! Kind of ruins my whole game experience, and thereby ruin the whole game. If it ain't FUN, then it ain't a game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've been playing this game for almost 4 years, and it is blatantly obvious, that someone near the Top hasn't got a clue.
I find that in general in F2P games, it's moire likely the players than the people at the top. The game exists to make money for a giant company. Players not having enough resources without spending money is the point of the game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While this is true, when your playerbase asks for Spacely Sprockets,
and all you offer is Cogswell Cogs... don't expect sales to be brisk.
I'm pretty sure that people asking for more free stuff in the game are not the primary customers. And the numbers I've seen online in the past seem to indicate Inno knows what they're doing.