• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I need help organizing an unorganized city halfway through the game.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 841850
  • Start date

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hey everybody i just figured out how to place individual replies!
The next forum lesson is Multi-quoting.
1. Click and drag to highlight just part of a players post
quote3.png
2. Click the word "Quote" that pops up.
3. Select another section that you want to reply to
Repeat as needed.

Then When you have them all done, go to the bottom box and hit "insert quotes"
This will let you put all of the things you want to reply to in a single post.

All you have to do now is post your replies between quotes

quote.png

Here's an example of what it'll look like
Jeepers my typos are legend
I've seen worse.
No problem
wait a minute
Sure I can wait
what just happened?
I have no idea.

Deleted User - 841850

The next forum lesson is Multi-quoting.
1. Click and drag to highlight just part of a players post
2. Click the word "Quote" that pops up.
3. Select another section that you want to reply to
Repeat as needed.

Then When you have them all done, go to the bottom box and hit "insert quotes"
This will let you put all of the things you want to reply to in a single post.

All you have to do now is post your replies between quotes

Here's an example of what it'll look like

I've seen worse.

No problem

Sure I can wait

I have no idea.

So cool! I've never really been part of a forum, so the whole thing is a learning experience. Thanks for the tip.

Deleted User - 841850

You really just need to dig in and start cleaning. Pick a corner and work out. Personally, I'd start by moving all the culture from under your Orc settlement into the leftmost edge so you can do the Orc layout Soggy suggested. That will free up space in the middle to gather your military and manufacturing buildings in order.
Great idea, because after the first start I got a little flummoxed!

Deleted User - 841850

Is there any way to print your city plans on Elven Architect? I looked for a print button, nada, ctrl-p afforded me the same piece of the page no matter what I did. I did print screen and finally got something but it's small and it took 4 screen shots to get everything. I just thought of something, maybe if I selected portrait and tried to make the page print like a banner. However it's a printer at work so they might frown on that activity, also there's got to be a way that's not so "stone knives and bearskins".Also is there a way to make the item description stay on instead of disappearing. While penciling in works ii's not as clear and neat as print, especially with my handwriting (the only way to tell the difference between my 7's and 2's is that the 7's have a line through their middle!).

Deleted User - 841850

A combination of Ctrl-mousewheel and the EA zoom feature in "settings" at the bottom and then Ctrl-P should do it.
Awesome, thanks! I moved the mushroom farms that I already had plus the portal, and the traveling merchants, but I kept being off here and there, so a good physical map would be great!

Deleted User - 841850

Earlier I had been complaining about not being able to print out my plan from Elven Architect. Well using SoggyShort's suggestions on how to get the image size a little smaller I was able to get 5 images that covered the entirety of the plan. I printed them, did some arts and crafts magic and here, just for laughs is the "framed" and "laminated" result. It looks goofy but I can hold it my hand and immediately refer to it while working, plus it's "waterproof", ya can't beat that! (The paper next to it is the list of items to be placed in my city, the numbers on it correspond to the ones I wrote on the plan)
32805318_10156409903284025_9107464153869582336_n.jpg

Deleted User - 841850

Whoa...too big, too big AHHH look out!!! Tried to make a signature, Will have to work on that!

Deleted User - 841850

I am soo confused!! I was trying to post my signature. It went through great but it was way too big so I made a smaller one which I have just posted but which has a whole lot of white space, so is still too big! Could someone please tell me how to fix this thing so that it's sized properly? Thanks.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I am soo confused!! I was trying to post my signature. It went through great but it was way too big so I made a smaller one which I have just posted but which has a whole lot of white space, so is still too big! Could someone please tell me how to fix this thing so that it's sized properly? Thanks.
I can't help, but I'll call in the forum artists who do signatures
@Sir Squirrel @druindar faric
Can you help her with this?

Deleted User - 841850

Yea, my city is working! just powered up the last building. I did not know I had that much real estate! It's still messy but just needs neatening up, who's hopeless now, not me, nuh uh! Now to start producing again, I haven't collected much these last few days because I had a lot of stuff off line.

DeletedUser8783

Ok, I got started on my construction project, now I've got citizens with picket signs complaining about the mess and congestion, and here I am trying to improve their quality of life! Ya just can't win! Most of the things that I wanted to delete were on Soggy Short's list,so I feel like, "I'm all that and a can of paint" (don't know how that came to mean, "I feel smart", but there it is). Anyway, I am a little bit of freaking out though because I feel like I'm about to lose my 5th place spot in my fellowship. I've held that spot for long time, as a matter of fact, I now remember that keeping it, was what possessed me to add the 2nd brewery amongst other deadweight.I had upgraded all of my residences and manufactories like a fiend, so broke the bank and needed a boost. Anway I want to improve not get worse, so I better get busy and figure this out. I did not realize that upgrading roads was so helpful, I kept looking at what I had to spend to build them, but in thinking about it a little more I can see that the culture does add up painlessly, and don't you know dummy that I am, I actually sold back a ton of flower lanes and tracks, Yikes, I just lost what smarts I thought I had, oh well. However no flippancy allowed, I'm pretty stubborn so hopeless usually doesn't get attention.:)
This just in: After more wanton destruction, I'm down to 169 pop from around 1700! Ahhh, I'm hyperventilating get me a paper bag, I'm dyin' here.

DeletedUser8783

phssstt...I've been down to 13 population before lol I just sell off something that can be rebuilt... put in a few lvl 1 res and upgrade others, then sell off the lvl 1's when I need the space. I don't have tons of factories or culture buildings but somehow my culture is usually around 9K (neighbors&enchantments)... I don't fight so I only have one armory but it can be sold if I need the space. you have your unicorns...I have my trees...lol it all works out somehow, just need patience. ~ Morning Glory Birdsong on Sinya Arda

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 841850

phssstt...I've been down to 13 population before lol I just sell off something that can be rebuilt... put in a few lvl 1 res and upgrade others, then sell off the lvl 1's when I need the space. I don't have tons of factories or culture buildings but somehow my culture is usually around 9K (neighbors&enchantments)... I don't fight so I only have one armory but it can be sold if I need the space. you have your unicorns...I have my trees...lol it all works out somehow, just need patience. ~ Morning Glory Birdsong on Sinya Arda
Cool tip, I never thought of using lvl 1 res that way, thanks!

DeletedUser7791

Now for something really fun. Elvenstats is the way you can see everyone's city. Or at least the elvenarchitect version of it.
Go to elvenstats.com and put in your name. You can update your city and see the live version of it by clicking into elvenarchitect.

This also gives you a way to have the before city in one tab - move stuff around in another tab until happy - then have your elvenar city right there to move things to the right spot.

You can also see most cities on most servers.