• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I recon some of you are very pissed!!

Gath Of Baal

Took about a 4 month break from this game. I logged in today and saw my negative population and to add insult to injury, the game server error with in the first 20 seconds. I didn't try and log back on, but I will try again after another 4 month break from the game, maybe things will have gotten better by then..

I had stopped buying diamonds after the first event, the one were all the prizes listed as "Gone Forever". A lot of people like myself spent hard earned money to get prizes which they thought would be unique and never be available again in the game, only to see the majority of the prizes if not all of them, recycled event after event.. How is that "Gone Forever" .

I do understand why people would be upset about this newest kick in the groin.. I would hate to spend money on a new red Camaro and wake up the next day and my Camaro has suddenly changed into a rusty red pinto. I would take the car back and demand my money back from the dealer :) But sadly I don't think it works like that in this game, somewhere in the terms of service is the "they can change the game at anytime" clause , but you might find some kind of loophole in the Premium Licensing Agreement

Slowly but surely, update after update, I have lost interest in this game, that at one time I could not get enough of. If it wasn't for the fact that I have years of slow progress invested into a few of my cities, I probably would have just moved on and never looked back..

Bad update after bad update, I have watched old time forum users and game players start to disappear, a lot of them were avid lovers of this game who only had this game best interest at heart, people who spent way way to much time on these forums coming up with great ideas and constructive criticism only to be ignored by the developers. there are a handful of them left, you know the ones , the gluttons for punishment

Anyways, I will check back in to the forums next time I try and log into the game, hopefully some of you old forum users are still around and have made the game great again.. Until then, may you never be plagued by server errors

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think that statement is unfounded, I buy diamonds and I am/was upset.
I think you had a little misunderstanding here.
"Generally upset players don't buy diamonds"
You seem to have read that as "It's mostly just free players who are upset"
I believe it was meant to be interpreted as" "Generally players don't buy diamonds when they are upset"

The comment was in response to my post where I said that the extra coding effort to create Legacy buildings would be worth it in order to not upset players.

kctanzen

Thanks Soggy -- your explanation was the tone / intent of my statements when I thought through it and posted. An Oxford comma (gasp) would have helped as well. :(

Last edited:

StarLoad

I think you had a little misunderstanding here.
"Generally upset players don't buy diamonds"
You seem to have read that as "It's mostly just free players who are upset"
I believe it was meant to be interpreted as" "Generally players don't buy diamonds when they are upset"

The comment was in response to my post where I said that the extra coding effort to create Legacy buildings would be worth it in order to not upset players.
Well put soggy I did read it as players that dont buy diamonds are the upset ones... gee and English is my native language. My apologies kctanzen.

DeletedUser7367

Elvenar's marketing 'presence on TV' has ramped up over recent months quite noticeably:This term INNO uses 'Rebalancing', initially took a huge chunk out of my 'trust bank' for this game with the castration of Bell Spire/Lighthouse. Obviously, this latest 'desire', not a 'need' for this developer to 'balance' the game, once again, results in a NET LOSS over actual 'dependable' got-what- I paid/played-for items in the game. INNO may want to spin this as a positive, but once again, it only serves two purposes.... 1) To make players $pend money for what was formerly 'unbalanced'... [???-laughable] and/or 2] To make many walk away from this money pit once and for all.

DeletedUser9916

I have been playing Elvenar in various worlds for nearly three years . I have seen no evidence that Inno can track active players .There are players who have stopped playing from my fellowship two years ago that are still on the map despite Inno being told they were inactive . As far as people quitting I lost two players from my fellowship , both over 200k , due to Inno's bad decision . Plus I know of three others in other fellowships that have quit . I have two more making noises about quitting over it as well .. At one time I had cities in every Elvenar world . Due to various unfavorable decisions on Inno's part over the years I am down to one city . And I stopped buying diamonds from them when they doubled the price .
I was part of your team who spent sleepless nights and financial contributions to rightfully earn the rewards of the winter Lottery. The fact that I had these has effected my game play for years, nothing can replace that. Now, to replace these things they nerf bombed I will see casualtys in the 10's of thousands. To relace one glacier garden, i'd need to sell a fully upgraded trading grounds for example (5k ranking points). Give up some of my Ancient wonders that my teams have helped me to strengthen? More rank i've earned down the toilet. I would love some honest advice on how to recover from anyone, I see this taking a very long time. US5 Elcysandir

DeletedUser9916

I was part of your team who spent sleepless nights and financial contributions to rightfully earn the rewards of the winter Lottery. The fact that I had these has effected my game play for years, nothing can replace that. Now, to replace these things they nerf bombed I will see casualtys in the 10's of thousands. To relace one glacier garden, i'd need to sell a fully upgraded trading grounds for example (5k ranking points). Give up some of my Ancient wonders that my teams have helped me to strengthen? More rank i've earned down the toilet. I would love some honest advice on how to recover from anyone, I see this taking a very long time. US5 Elcysandir
We need to make more noise! Maybe they will listen if we write a petition we get to go viral. If it effects their pocket books futher than those that have fled already maybe they will say more than I'm sorry you're displeased canned email.

DeletedUser9916

Yes, it sucks but I will deal with it. I lost over 500 pop in 1 city. I threw my temper tantrum and started upgrading.
would you just deal with it if it were more than 10x that? If selling those building to have space to build would result in casualties in the 10's of thousands?

SoggyShorts

would you just deal with it if it were more than 10x that? If selling those building to have space to build would result in casualties in the 10's of thousands?
Don't get me wrong, it totally sucks that you were hit so hard, but there is a way out- sell 2 of the terrible wayfarers, place the free magic res and build 2 more res.

DeletedUser3507

Since Elvenar Stats was created Inno should use it, and reverse there dead city policy to 0 growth in let's say 120 days. Then move those cities to the dead city area, or archive them.

It's silly not to use this great tool.

DeletedUser4386

I was very pissed to lose so much populations but now have an Inno gifted magic residence for all of my cities. It is a fabulous thing and gives heaps more population than I lost. All is forgiven and I have been upgrading like mad. 5 stars to Inno from me for this

DeletedUser17837

@SoggyShorts - do you know if Elvenstats is able to track "active" players? I was wondering if they were - if they could post the number of "active" players from prior to the change and then about a week or so after. We see all these people talking about quitting - would be interesting to see if anyone follows through and how many.

I know this will be kinda difficult and I don't know if that is something Elvenstats can even do.

They can check 3 of my cities i have deleted and i am still debating a 4th that has a ton of event buildings almost as overpowered as the ones they nerfed....If they did it 2 times they will do it again which is why i am still considering deleting it

DeletedUser9916

Don't get me wrong, it totally sucks that you were hit so hard, but there is a way out- sell 2 of the terrible wayfarers, place the free magic res and build 2 more res.
So sell 2 at -460 pop each go another 920 minus to get two residences 1200 pop each eventually (takes a while to get there when 1 upgrade is 16hrs plus supplies) So then in a month or so I will only be -4000 population

DeletedUser9916

I can't seem to even count the magic residence in my brain as being recovery because everyone got one. They teased and lured our time because we wanted to grow fast and money from our pocket to win these former treasures. Why did we do it? Because they were big. duh. Why should we trust they just won't throw out more and more bait to pad their pockets continually? Those of us who have many, have many because we busted our tails and worked extra extra hard. Because we had this stuff it effected every decision we made as far as what to keep and what not to based on value per square that it occupies. I would not have all of the AW's that I do if not for the false value of these older event buildings. There are a lot of decisions i'd have made differently if I was not being tricked my whole game.

SoggyShorts

Last edited:

DeletedUser3468

Actually the thing I find most frustrating about all of this is that even though the blasted Father Tree of Candy Canes got nerfed, it still gives too much population for me to dump them! ARGH! :mad::p:D

I actually didn't do too badly since I only went negative in one city. (Lost population in all 7 but not that much in most) Upgraded 6 residences and got back into positive numbers... now I've still got to do more residence upgrades so I can get rid of the blasted FToCC!!! :confused:

DeletedUser3507

Magic Workshop are incredible, don't be little them. Sure I have finished Chapter 12, but here is some data. on a 24 hr production I get 60k+ tools with blue (*pop*) spell It produces 180k tools +, try that out of a normal maxed workshop for chapter 12.....:p:D:p

DeletedUser16404

I haven't had these kinds of problems, but one thing I really wish they would do is let you rotate buildings. it shouldn't be too hard to code, just flip the image horizontally and change the tiles profile.