• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I skipped City Expansion 35

DeletedUser20616

In one of my cities, i made a huge mistake. It's trapped back in Orcs chapter (i'm in Sorcs&Dragons).... do i need to rebuild the settlements again?? It doesn't seem i can just build the portal and pop PP spells??? What's the best course of action?

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLoad

you can do it anytime, however I think it requires some Orc specific items still, but that is or was to have been corrected.

Ivy1996

I think yes. I had the same situation in another chapter. Foolishly rushed through it to get to the next chapter in time for the event that was starting at the time. Indeed the spells do not work. They produce only goods for the chapter you are in. Should it be fixed? I don't think so. It was entirely my own fault.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think they should just give you a free expansion and leave it as it is. Simple solution and problems solved without a lot of coding. The skipping of an expansion has to be rare, very rare, so maybe the extra work of making the change would not be worth it.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I brought that up in the discussion for the release notes.
I didn't think the roads were "optional" techs. I thought only the city expansions and the squad sizes were optional. But I am not in embassies yet so you'd know more about that than I.

NightshadeCS

I didn't think the roads were "optional" techs. I thought only the city expansions and the squad sizes were optional. But I am not in embassies yet so you'd know more about that than I.
There are quite a lot of things in the Embassies chapter that are optional that I have never encountered before. Even the final stages of some of the guest race buildings themselves!

@Darielle if you are interested to see for yourself, you can scroll forward in your own tech tree all the way to the end. Any research that doesn't have the flow chart line leading to other techs is optional (sorry for over explaining).

Pheryll

Set Designer
There are quite a lot of things in the Embassies chapter that are optional that I have never encountered before. Even the final stages of some of the guest race buildings themselves!

@Darielle if you are interested to see for yourself, you can scroll forward in your own tech tree all the way to the end. Any research that doesn't have the flow chart line leading to other techs is optional (sorry for over explaining).

The only place where I see that logic for optional falling through is the grafting sites in the woodelves chapter. Without the grafting sites, you would rely on portal profits to get you through the entire chapter and many chapter quests would have to be skipped after reaching the next chapter.

For embassies the final level for embassies is quest required but not tech required, so I would consider it a similar case to the grafting sites of the woodelves.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

No worries ... over explaining is better than under, lol. Thanks!