• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I would love to really be able to see who in FS is playing the Spire

Mirai

I know on the laptop, I can theoretically get a pop-up and see who is playing each tiny icon shown in the Spire view; I would adore some such clues over here on iOS Mobile where I play.
Pros? More info is good
Cons? Can't tink of any
Costs? Some programming time. Even a pop-up window with a list of who is there & where would bring the info I'm wishing for, to encourage and praise the folks in my Fellowship.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmm, wasn't it @crackie who had an entire FS all wearing the Ashy avatar? She said the AM had kittens, trying to sort who was slacking.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Hmm, wasn't it @crackie who had an entire FS all wearing the Ashy avatar? She said the AM had kittens, trying to sort who was slacking.
It started with maybe 10 of so and then more turned to the Avian side for the FA, so at most, half of us. There were many in the group that were adamant avatars for a prize sucked and refuse to acknowledge the prize at all, which meant we would never hit a full squad of birds. However, no kittens were involved in the decision making. That was def not us. We mostly wanted to make obnoxious bird noises in chat all day and drive everyone crazy, esp the avatar haters.

I know on the laptop, I can theoretically get a pop-up and see who is playing each tiny icon shown in the Spire view; I would adore some such clues over here on iOS Mobile where I play.
Pros? More info is good
Cons? Can't tink of any
Costs? Some programming time. Even a pop-up window with a list of who is there & where would bring the info I'm wishing for, to encourage and praise the folks in my Fellowship.
This seems obviously helpful, esp for AMs with minimums, and given the popularity of Elvenstats for tourney scores and such, one would think this would be quite a popular idea for its sister the Spire. But be forewarned, the last time someone suggested a FS Spire participation page like tourney (I know this isn’t quite the same as what you are asking), the conversation got heated and a lot of nonsense and foolishness came out.

Serena McTavish

I suggested this idea before and got some supporters but i think we (mobile players are in the minority). I think something as simple as being able to click on each avatar and getting a pop up tag that gives the player name since multiple players might have the same avatar would be sufficient. When there are more than 4 players at the same spot, the display of avatars are collaped into 3 dots that could be clickable on mobile to expand with a list. Right now, you can't click on those 3 dots on mobile.

I was a mage trying to track participation when i first suggested this. I'm no longer responsible for tracking participation in the spire, but i heartily support this idea.

defiantoneks

i'd love to see the final results also. one of my FS had someone use perk points but we have no idea who or how many were used. seems if they can collect and share the tourney progress and at least a "perk points ____" slot we'd see if they were used and how many.

BrinDarby

we can see who does ttournaments, now they gave us
looking @ who , in FAs , have donated to a stage.
Its high time that the Spire included player participation
lists, along with perk pts. This is a no-brainer suggestion.

I wholehartedly support this.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think the real solution here is for Inno to sell laptops really, really cheap. Maybe 50 diamonds? That way everybody could play on a PC and they wouldn't have to do any programming. And with laptops being so cheap and diamonds so expensive they might at least break even.

On a more serious note, I agree that the game should be equal on both platforms, but, so far, they are only approximate. So this would be a step in the right direction. I mean even if, like me, you don't use the mobile version, you can understand the frustration of one side having a feature the other doesn't. A lot of that going around.

AJ

Mykan

Oh Wise One

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan

Second last post is from Helya, basically something is in the works. For players that generally means no suggestions will be listened to in respect to it and be prepared to wait several years.
Hahaha. That is the much more kosher and civilized thread.

The one I was thinking of involved...
shame.png

I'll just leave it at that.