• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ice Lindworm and/or other pathetic prizes

DeletedUser3297

Really? 3KP every 48 hours when EVERY city produces 48 KP every 48 hours.

This has to be one of the stupidest, yes "stupidest" prizes I have ever seen... Thanks for nothing on that one..

Anyone else find any prizes to not be worthwhile?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Really? 3KP every 48 hours when EVERY city produces 48 KP every 48 hours.
This has to be one of the stupidest, yes "stupidest" prizes I have ever seen... Thanks for nothing on that one..
Anyone else find any prizes to not be worthwhile?
1.5 KP per day for a single little event building isn't bad. Plus it's an instant, so you could use it for spell fragments if you wanted.

DeletedUser12171

ice lindworm - 2x2 building producing 1.5 KP a day
Tome of Secrets (Lv1) - 4x4 building producing 1 KP a day

yeah i know, ToS has supplies for scout but when you're not scouting it's giving nothing but 1 KP for 16 squares

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And it only produces for 100 days. So that is 50 of the instants, probably only 49 because no one is that perfect in their timing with these things, before it turns into a useless culture building.

The only people I can see getting any usefulness out of this are new players who need all the KP for their first AWs that they can get because they are using their normal KP for research.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The only people I can see getting any usefulness out of this are new players
And any advanced players too. And any mid-range players. Who doesn't want KP and/or spell fragments?
Those of us at the end of the tech tree have literally nothing to do but farm KP.

The only reason I am not going for these myself is that I am going for the set buildings that will give me goods that I will use to get KP from the tournaments, and I want to help my FS to get 10 chests every week.
Getting 12 lindworms instead would get me 126 KP per week. That's like doing 25 extra provinces to 2 stars in the tournament.
Will my set get me that far? Almost certainly not, and it will be double the size of what the lindworms would take.

The only reason I'm not regretting my choice right now is the mana I will be getting from the set, which only players in chapters 9+ would care about. Players who are in chapters 3 to 8 could grab these lindworms and basically get the benefits of being in a 9 tournament chest FS every week without doing anything.
And it only produces for 100 days...before it turns into a useless culture building.
Before it turns into a culture building that gives more culture per square than any non-event/non-premium culture building.;)

DeletedUser9601

@SoggyShorts as always hits the nail on the head. Its not my preferred prize, but its hardly useless. One other point that hasn't been mentioned is that the rewards are spells. Meaning you can bank them, and use them when convenient (unlike actual KP which is use it-or-lose it up to your 10KP cap).
I think the Lindworm is far better than the unicorn daily prizes, which are equivalent to the unicorns you can craft. But even those are on double days, so it makes sense.
All in all, I think they've done a good job providing a lot of prize variety, so that there's really something for everyone.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am still a little more wary of buildings that require being on a road to function. I have several different buildings in my inventory that I have not put out just because of that. Finding the time to rearrange to make room for them is not something I often get to do.