• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Icon above Magic Academy on craft completion.

Shyama1

Hi all,

I think it would be helpful to have something displayed above our Magic Academy when a craft is completed.

I understand it cannot be a miniature icon of the crafted item, due to the number of different receipes, but it could be a single icon for any crafted item. I thought we could use the Vision Vapors Icon, as we are going to earn some while collecting our crafted item and it should make sense even for new players as it is related to crafting.

What do you think about it ?

Shyama1

DeletedUser20951

I'm digging this suggestion more and more as I consider how useful it would be. I craft a decent bit and often mix up my cities' current projects (or lack of 'em), resulting in way too much double-checking of the Academy.

Gath Of Baal

I like the idea also

But if you are checking your crafting menu 3-4 times a day to see what new recipes are available then should this really be a problem of forgotten about crafts? I know not everyone checks it that many times daily, but still you would think it would be checked sometime during a log in, even if its once a day.

I would rather them fix the Magic Academy collection system instead of adding another icon to it.. Like the ability to collect 1 enchantment at a time instead of all of them at once..

I still like the idea though, I just do not think its really needed.. Sorry to be a downer

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But if you are checking your crafting menu 3-4 times a day to see what new recipes are available then should this really be a problem of forgotten about crafts?
I think the largest issue is opportunity cost. Not picking up a crafted object on time means that slot is still occupied when the next set of recipes arrive. Since some of the desirable things tend to cluster (PP and Military buildings) having an unharvested job means a significant chance that you will miss one of them when the recipes tick over.

Shyama1

Thanks all for the positive feedback, much appreciated :)

I like the idea also

But if you are checking your crafting menu 3-4 times a day to see what new recipes are available then should this really be a problem of forgotten about crafts? I know not everyone checks it that many times daily, but still you would think it would be checked sometime during a log in, even if its once a day.

I would rather them fix the Magic Academy collection system instead of adding another icon to it.. Like the ability to collect 1 enchantment at a time instead of all of them at once..

I still like the idea though, I just do not think its really needed.. Sorry to be a downer

Well, Ashrem perfectly replied just above and this is one of the main reason why I would like this feature.

@Shyama1 Does that mean we will have 2 icons bouncing above the MA? ( 1 for production and 1 for crafting )

Eventually yes, if both a craft and a production are ready.

And this is where something that looks pretty simple to do may require more work from the devs than we think, because buildings may not have the ability to display 2 icons above them already coded.

I still hope it is posssible and will be done :)

NightshadeCS

The Magic Academy is definitely the most problematic when it comes to collections and knowing when things finish. I also detest that you can't tell how many enchantments are sitting in the completed queue, it only shows how long until the one cooking is done when you hover over. I found out during this event, when I was delaying collection for a quest, that I had 12 enchantments done! :eek::eek:

Partial collection, better info in general on what is being produced and what is finished, and some way to know when crafting is finished would be great.

Would a notification in our notifications list be good/better?

DeletedUser20951

For the most part, especially if I have placed a bunch of trades, I pay very little attention to the notifications, but I could learn to and it wouldn't hurt. Maybe a crafting button could be added to the bottom row, where the Runes and whatnot are listed, and this could gain a little red ! when something has finished, easily accessible anywhere in your city?

Shyama1

The two icons problem might be more easily overcome by redesigning the academy and putting crafting into a small building (magic crafting hall?) that forms a "set" with a redesigned Academy.

Interesting idea, but I'm afraid it is even more work than allowing buildings to have 2 icons.

The Magic Academy is definitely the most problematic when it comes to collections and knowing when things finish. I also detest that you can't tell how many enchantments are sitting in the completed queue, it only shows how long until the one cooking is done when you hover over. I found out during this event, when I was delaying collection for a quest, that I had 12 enchantments done! :eek::eek:

Partial collection, better info in general on what is being produced and what is finished, and some way to know when crafting is finished would be great.

This was not my main concern, but I would also like the ability to collect enchants one by one, especially usefull for quests and FA type 3 (Enchant Badges)