• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Idea For Events (Bonus quests)

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters

DeletedUser20912

I Thought of an idea to improve events lowering the frustration of not getting that last event set building when you are so close. Here is the Idea: bonus quests!

They would be a lot of work for little reward.

The bonus quests would only appear after completing the sequential quests. These quests would be there to get just a tiny amount of event currency for a lot of work, but readily repeatable (ie. won't be harder to complete the exact same quest again), and won't make doing later quests whether event or non-event. Using the Carnival event's currency: candy here are examples of what I mean.

Make these quests decline-able too.

Examples:
50x beverages for 1 candy.
40x simple tools for 2 candies.
10x 3hr Tier 1 boost for 2 candies.
8x 9hr Tier 1 boost. for 3 candies.
15x bread for 3 candies.
20x tournament event encounters for 1 candy.
12x Advanced tools for 4 candies.
10x groceries for 5 candies.
Spend 5 KP for 1 candy.
Acquire 500 Spell fragments for 1 candy.
Acquire 3 enchantments (any type spell) for 1 candy.
Use 3 enchantments (any type of spell) for 1 candy.
Craft an item (use the Magic Academy's crafting menu to craft an Item) for 2 candies.
Train (25x chapter) units for 1 candy

(20% of capacity is just an idea and a representation of difficulty. Could be replaced by a chapter specific amount.)

Collect Coins (20% of capacity) for 1 candy.
Collect Supplies (20% of capacity) for 1 candy.

Quests added to the pool after being researched.
3x 3hr Tier 2 boost for 2 candies.
2x 9hr Tier 2 boost. for 3 candies.
2x 3hr Tier 3 boost for 2 candies.
1x 9hr Tier 3 boost. for 2 candies.

These ideas are tentative as they could be exploited in a Fellowship to get in theory: infinite event currency.
(Possible solution to the exploit could be to limit the number of completions before it stops appearing in the cycle. A decline would not be a complete for the limiting completions.)
Tentative Ideas:
(Non-named or specified. If specifying tier adjust the amount. If tier not specified all goods are equal. Goods could be of specified type ex. marble.
Collect (100x chapter) goods for 1 candy.
Accept 5 trades for 1 candy.

Bad ideas for bonus quests; as they are too easy to complete:
build a building.
get culture.
post trades.

The Bonus Quests Should NOT be quests of the following types:
Buy KP.
Complete encounters (non-tournament)
Upgrade buildings
Produce non-boost goods (ie. produce non-boost tier 1 goods 3hr x 3)
Produce goods that you have not unlocked the building for.

To summarize: the bonus quests would be a lot of work for little reward. The purpose is to be able to get a tiny amount of event currency to acquire the next event set building that you a near and possibly the next building. These quests are NOT intended to get a lot of event goods. These quests would/should NOT make the next event harder by making the cost to do that type again higher.

Add-on:
After reading @SoggyShorts message I think we have an agreement. Basically do a challenge, but with event currency instead of the normal rewards, but it only becomes available after completing all of the sequential quests. In the challenge each thing you make (in the workshop) would give points, and once you get enough points you get and event currency automatically. This amended idea could replace the earlier suggested quests entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I really do not like the idea of cycling quests, and some quests on the list are actually very easy. For example, spend 5 KP can be done enough from tournaments and instants, that many players can do this over a hundred times and still be prepared to do it again for the next event.

DeletedUser20912

I'm with @Pheryll , no quest cycling for any reason.

Change it to stuff you automatically get like during challenge event, but only.after sequential lost completion, and I'm in.

E.g. just give me 1 candy for every 50 beverages I make, no quests involved.
These were just brain stormed ideas and I'm open to suggestions. the quantity was just a suggestion based on what is currently difficult for me to complete as I am still early game.

DeletedUser20912

Change it to stuff you automatically get like during challenge event, but only.after sequential lost completion, and I'm in.

Also some of the quest examples are just examples of quests that you could complete with out making it harder to do the next time like buying kp is.

DeletedUser20912

I just re-read your comment and now I see what you mean. Yes that would be a good Idea and actually that was kind of my original idea but I didn't really think you could do that kind of thing during an event.

DeletedUser20912

After reading @SoggyShorts message I think we have an agreement. Basically do a challenge, but with event currency instead of the normal rewards, but it only becomes available after completing all of the sequential quests. In the challenge each thing you make (in the workshop) would give points, and once you get enough points you get and event currency automatically. Is the kind of thing you are meaning SoggyShorts?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What is the balancing part of the suggestion? Adding extra free stuff without making something harder or less available makes the game easier, not necessarily more interesting. From the developers' point of view, the game exists to sell diamonds. Making it easier to win event prizes does not seem, to me, like a change they'd embrace.

DeletedUser20912

What is the balancing part of the suggestion? Adding extra free stuff without making something harder or less available makes the game easier, not necessarily more interesting. From the developers' point of view, the game exists to sell diamonds. Making it easier to win event prizes does not seem, to me, like a change they'd embrace.
Worth a shot.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That addresses my comment, but not my question. "What is the balancing part of the suggestion? Adding extra free stuff without making something harder or less available makes the game easier, not necessarily more interesting." Do you anticipate they'd offer less event currency for the primary quests? Or maybe make fewer primary quests? Or is the entire suggestion supposed to be to make it easier for people to win the grand prizes without spending money?

DeletedUser20912

That addresses my comment, but not my question. "What is the balancing part of the suggestion? Adding extra free stuff without making something harder or less available makes the game easier, not necessarily more interesting." Do you anticipate they'd offer less event currency for the primary quests? Or maybe make fewer primary quests? Or is the entire suggestion supposed to be to make it easier for people to win the grand prizes without spending money?
They could make bonus grand prizes (that would come after the main grand prizes) that you can only unlock if you spend diamonds, say 50 as an arbitrary suggestion. the bonus grand prizes would be known at the start of the event then they would unlocked by spending diamonds. Once unlocked they could then be earned the normal way (this includes using bonus quests or bonus event challenge).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Might work. There'd be some complaints about content that you can't get to if you don't spend diamonds, but as longs as it didn't detract from the primary event it should be workable.

DeletedUser20912

Might work. There'd be some complaints about content that you can't get to if you don't spend diamonds, but as longs as it didn't detract from the primary event it should be workable.
Yup, agreed. It would work, and there would be people complaining; however, if they come out saying at the start that the bonus grand prizes are "bonus" there would be less complaints. They could say those buildings are premium.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
After reading @SoggyShorts message I think we have an agreement. Basically do a challenge, but with event currency instead of the normal rewards, but it only becomes available after completing all of the sequential quests. In the challenge each thing you make (in the workshop) would give points, and once you get enough points you get and event currency automatically. Is the kind of thing you are meaning SoggyShorts?
Yes. As for Balance here's an interesting possibility: a loss of daily quests.
So instead of getting a guaranteed 35 per day from the daily quest, you switch to the new system when you complete the final sequential.(with a warning-allowing you to choose holding off and getting daily quests instead)
The new system should give a dedicated player slightly more than 35 per day.

Actually, I love this idea. Currently many advanced/experienced players finish 30-day events in under a week, now they could be involved right up to the end!

DeletedUser20912

Yes. As for Balance here's an interesting possibility: a loss of daily quests.
So instead of getting a guaranteed 35 per day from the daily quest, you switch to the new system when you complete the final sequential.(with a warning-allowing you to choose holding off and getting daily quests instead)
The new system should give a dedicated player slightly more than 35 per day.

Actually, I love this idea. Currently many advanced/experienced players finish 30-day events in under a week, now they could be involved right up to the end!
Well I think we finally are on the exact same page. Hope the team considers the idea.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Currently many advanced/experienced players finish 30-day events in under a week, now they could be involved right up to the end!
Isn't that the whole point of daily quests and collecting fallen currency in the city margins? While the "chest search" could use some love, I'm not entirely sanguine, yet, that replacing them with another quest line is the answer. It might just take the right mix.

Something like turning the single daily quest into five or ten smaller (auto completing) quests that each pay out five or six or seven candies (or even escalating, so that each successive completion pays more. Or, perhaps, a second full quest line in stead of daily quests. Seventy or eighty or a hundred auto-completing quests that turn on at the mid-point of the event, Or four quest lines of 20 each, that turn on each successive week.

I like the concept, though I would not want to make beverages for the remainder of a big event like this. I don't make beverages unless FA forces me to. :eek:
If it's actually handled like the new personal events were, you don't have to. From the list of possibilities, you choose the ones that work for you. Making beverages gets you X candy every time you collect, making simple tools got you 3X every collection, making longer batches got you an amount proportional to the tool output.