• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ideal Trading Partners

Katwick

Cartographer
 ARBITRAGE
Arbitrage is a three-cornered trade. The following examples focus on discretionary trades (stuff that you never "have" to do), but the concepts are equally applicable throughout the game.

Take a close look at your Wholesaler. This example is from my own city, and I'm assuming that your city functions the same way, but I'd LOVE to see any counter examples as they will allow us to provide better suggestions.

T1Wholesaler.jpg

T2Wholesaler.jpg

T3Wholesaler.jpg

There are several aspects that are interesting:
  • The Coins and Supplies prices are set at 10% of the capacity of your Main Hall
  • For each tier, only your Boosted Goods may be used to purchase the UNboosted goods
  • The Tier to Tier quantities are offered at the same 9>6>4 (1.5:1) ratio that is suggested for a Fair (two star) Trade
  • There is an implied value for Goods
    • I would LOVE to see the Coins, Supplies, Goods ratios from cities at other levels, so that we can nail down the equivalence
ProductionBoosts.jpg

The prices are 500% of what is suggested for a Fair Trade, which isn't as bad as it sound because of your Production Boost, and they are MARKED-UP BY 50% (500%, 750%, 1000% etc), for each use of that particular Tier,Payment Type.

The GOOD NEWS is that the markup resets each day, at midnight in Germany, as indicated in the page Banner.

BuyKnowledgePoints.jpg

Not so with purchased Knowledge Points, where the payment type is marked up by 1% each time you use that payment type, and the price per Knowledge Point NEVER resets.

The arbitrage opportunity, in this example, is that Gems are overpriced (9>6>4) while Gems are underpriced. If I can find a Fair Trade for 2360 Gems to 3540 Silk, I'll have 1600 extra Silk that I can use elsewhere.

That's the essence of arbitrage, and it's all about finding your Ideal Trading Partners.

DailyTradeOffers.jpg

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not so with purchased Knowledge Points, where the payment type is marked up by 1% each time you use that payment type

No.

Purchased KP increases by a set amount for each cost type, no matter how many you have bought. Coins increase by 500 per KP, whether you have bought 100 or 10,000. My current coin cost for a KP is over 6 million and my next KP definitely does NOT go up by 1%/600k.

And goods cost per KP increases by 40 for tier 1, 20 for tier 2 and 10 for tier 3, again no matter how many you have previously bought.

Katwick

Cartographer
Purchased KP increases by a set amount for each cost type, no matter how many you have bought.
Excellent information!

I'm suspicious that the incremental increase is actually 1% of your Main Hall capacity, which is 550 for me. Some data from a few early chapter cities will nail that down.

Katwick

Cartographer
Yes, inventory turns are a good indicator, .... But there is no such animal in Elvenar as excess inventory, because there is no storage cost for any amount over what you (arbitrarily) decide is your necessary inventory.
InnoGame presumably introduced decaying goods to address the lack of storage costs.

The essential notion is that your city is SPACE CONSTRAINED, and if you're accumulating stuff that you can't even use, it's very likely that you can find a more beneficial use for those tiles.

While there is currently a secondary use for only a single Tier 1 unboosted good, it will come as no surprise when future chapters jump on the other 5.

Talaedraiia

@Katwick wrote “We now have healthy neighborhoods, hence the title of this thread, and paying a bit of attention to just-in-time techniques, regardless of your playing style, will allow you to achieve your goals more readily.” The way I see it, just-in-time techniques might be one of the major reasons for all the empty shelves in the grocery stores, the outrageous price for new and used cars, having to wait forever for parts to repair just about everything. I could keep going but don’t want to be redundant

Flashfyre

@Katwick As I said in a previous post, you aren't factoring the ability of the Blooming Trader Guild AW into your assessments.

Taking your Wholesaler and comparing it to mine with a Level 13 BTG in play, each T1 Good you buy costs you 416.67 Coins (550K coins / 1320 T1 goods = 416.67 coins), while each T1 good I buy costs me 156.98 Coins (2.7M coins / 17.2K T1 goods = 156.98 coins.). So my coins have greater buying power than yours, due to the discount my BTG AW awards me for any purchase. And, it increases the offer amounts by 300%, meaning I can buy even more goods than someone without the BTG, at a reduced cost.

For me, the Wholesaler is a great place to buy non-boosted goods using coins and supplies that I don't have another use for at the time. Even better than looking for/placing trades that may or may not be picked up.

Katwick

Cartographer
For me, the Wholesaler is a great place to buy non-boosted goods using coins and supplies that I don't have another use for at the time. Even better than looking for/placing trades that may or may not be picked up.
There are tons of different ways to accumulate Goods, but the important concept is that you don't need more than you can use, and should consider freeing up some tiles by dumping the least desirable sources.

Supplies are by no means free. While there are some short-term negative population exploits, for the most part Workshops eat up a LOT of space once you add up the tiles
  • + tiles for the Workshop itself
  • + tiles for the required workers
  • + tiles for the Culture that you'll need to keep everybody happy.

Deleted User - 849994935

There are tons of different ways to accumulate Goods, but the important concept is that you don't need more than you can use, and should consider freeing up some tiles by dumping the least desirable sources.

Supplies are by no means free. While there are some short-term negative population exploits, for the most part Workshops eat up a LOT of space once you add up the tiles
  • + tiles for the Workshop itself
  • + tiles for the required workers
  • + tiles for the Culture that you'll need to keep everybody happy.
Supplies may not be free but we have supply instants and pp spells (of which we can hoard an unlimited amount) to refuel quickly.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I believe we have to prepare for the future. When you don't, you get stuck and if you don't want to be stuck in an undesirable place in the research tree, you have to make sure you have the means not to be stuck. Fighting in the spire and in the tourney can be difficult if you are stuck in the wrong spot. Then, if you want to advance further, you need to cater. Those goods, if you are only banking what you need, become a scarcity and then you can never get ahead. I'm in that very position in Chapter 15. So, although I appreciate that you are trying to analyze and come up with the 'best way and only way to play', it doesn't suit the way I play. I was playing that way, trying to just have the bare minimum, and now I'm in a very frustrating spot.

Katwick

Cartographer
And just what do I put in these free tiles?
Free?? Perhaps you're referring to premium tiles that you purchased with diamonds?

Between Ancient Wonders, chapter related manufacturing buildings, special event buildings, even more Armories if that were my playing style, and a higher Culture bonus to enhance the effectiveness of my production footprint, I'm always space constrained.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22644

Free?? Perhaps you're referring to premium tiles that you purchased with diamonds?

Between Ancient Wonders, chapter related manufacturing buildings, special event buildings, even more Armories if that were my playing style, and a higher Culture bonus to enhance the effectiveness of my production footprint, I'm always space constrained.
And just what do I put in these free tiles? -- I know the difference between paid and earned tiles I was just asking what you suggest I put in the FREED UP TILES

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
To me, this thread sounds like presenting playing styles that offer players the choice to live paycheck to paycheck or have the freedom to go on your mega yacht for months at a time. I will pick the yacht every time, but hooray for variety of experiences! Oh, the things you get to do in an open-ended game, including the freedom to create new problems for yourself!

Currently building 7 more T1’s to prep for FA and to make sure my storage is completely dead and not just mostly dead. Thanks, meaningless bracelet badge changes!
1659884806651.png

Katwick

Cartographer
So, although I appreciate that you are trying to analyze and come up with the 'best way and only way to play', it doesn't suit the way I play.
Not at all.
  • Neighborhoods were a shambles
  • Trading wasn't worth the bother
InnoGames did a nice job of implementing city relocation on the World Map
  • Neighborhoods are now very healthy
  • Trading is now an excellent aspect of the game, regardless of your playing style

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Actually, this thread is more about Reincarnating Trading, and especially so for experienced player, now that the slums have been cleared.
Trading is infinitely easier now that slums have cleared. Doing more work instead of less is an odd conclusion and a playing style choice, but to each their own. I’d personally prefer not to spend leisure time activity thinking excess is suddenly a problem living rent free in my head that needs to be solved instead of ignored. I am also very good at ignoring T3 Reincarnated Trades in my trader and can’t wait for them to all die again in 6 days.

DeletedUser22644

• Trading is now an excellent aspect of the game, regardless of your playing style
Katwick, I am waiting for you to answer my question posted here.

As for trading the Cross tier trading for T3 goods is totally excellent, Shuuuur (sarcastic tone) and the ability to trade your S3 goods 1:1 is never a problem. Heck you can go to the trader on any server and see all the hundreds of 1:1 S3 trades, oh wait you cant.

Katwick

Cartographer
asking what you suggest I put in the FREED UP TILES
If piling Scolls a hundred feet high is your thing, then have at it, and if you're reasonably familiar with Trading Dynamics, that's great.

But don't you sometimes wonder if having piles and piles of unusable goods is an optimum strategy?

Last edited: