• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

IE Visits Crash the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game version: v1.73.3-(eac89c9) (2019-02-21 16:08)
Game world: Ceravyn
Browser + version: 11.0.9600.18762
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.142
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 2560 X 1080
Account name: TheBobFather
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility: 5/5

Current Situation: After doing a few Fellowship visits(usually 2-4), the game crashes and I have to restart the game
Expected Situation: The game should not crash
Reproduction Steps: Visit a few cities within a fellowship and the game will crash.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The most common factor in browsers crashing during visits is a damaged file in the cache. You might try cleaning out your caches, including cleaning both browser, and the flash cache, which is separate and requires visiting the macromedia flash settings web page and choosing "delete all sites"

This seems to be the stock reply for all problems that occur with Elvenar - I have been told the same thing by support multiple times and it never fixes anything. I cleared the cache in my browser and in Flash player and the problem still occurs. If you would like to see the problem I am talking about, just use IE 11 and visit a few cities. The browser will crash within a minute or two.

What frustrates me about this error is that this is basic QA - you don't have to do anything fancy to cause this error. This is also true for the bug that causes the battle music to get messed up. This tells me that the Elvenar team does not care about the desktop client anymore and does very little testing when releasing new features.

shimmerfly

@TheBobFather
I'm using IE on an old laptop and it's fine. Rarely crashes and I visit daily. I clear my computer every day before I start playing.
Chrome was crashing for me yesterday so I switched to IE and it's all good.

DeletedUser20951

Aye, you should be able to go at least a week without clearing the cache and not see any significant issues. I tend to put it off until there's an update to the game, but the incremental lag does build up and force my hand sooner at times... which is usually the difference between a second and two or three on response time. I too get mildly enraged when I'm given stock 'answers' that are obviously not the cause, nor solution. It's possible that Flash itself is messed up, and removing it completely and installing fresh version(s) may help. With how many updates Adobe puts out, corruption from overriding the program files constantly is not unheard of.

I have no idea why it always crashes for me and not for other people - I have cleared my cache and have also cleared my flash player cache and I'm using the IE version mentioned in my first post. It is now part of my daily routine to use different browsers/computers and to try and work around the various bugs I encounter on a daily basis(which I have been doing for a couple of months now) so I hope you can understand my frustration.

I really like Elvenar and I spend money on the game, but the bugs are starting to wear me out. I can avoid the visit crashes by not using IE, but battle issues occur in every browser I try. They have become a burden because if the music is not messed up, I can experience a grab bag of other errors, such as invisible enemies, missing grid lines and severe lag.

Is there an error log or something that I can send to support? Just so they understand that I'm not crazy? :)

DeletedUser20951

I can certainly understand your frustration. Having my computer and everything on it running perfectly is an obsession of mine, and these issues would drive me nutty.

Been browsing through tech forums on the matter, as I've only ever used Internet Explorer to download a different browser and have limited knowledge of it. There is a simple potential fix you can try, which is to go to Internet Options in Control Panel, then switch to the Advanced tab and reset the IE settings to default. If that doesn't work, a fresh installation of IE and using the official Flash Player removal tool before reinstalling the newest versions of both is the most common recommendation, but you have to beware of the removal tool removing ALL of Flash, which means installing it again for any browser that requires a separate installation.

Of course, this is assuming that there IS something wrong on your end causing the crashes to begin with, when it might very well be on Inno's, and that you don't have video problems outside of the browsers, but I know I like to be proactive and tinker with what I can personally when Support isn't having success.

P.S. I FEEL AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PAIN.

DeletedUser4194

Please contact support for help with this issue. This issue could not be reproduced during several attempts, so it is not a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.