• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

if y'all put "train ?? units" in the next quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser11644
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11644

- didn't get no spooky houses during halloweeen quest, because of "300 units". spent over 200 bucks on the nut thing, buying nuts. used almost none of them on arendyl, my first world, had all the bonus buildings, halfway through, and still used enough nuts to have finished the quest again, and getting the useless mage booster craps, still got a few of the useless craps in inventory. on winyandor, my newest city, spent over 200 bucks and got a stub, over 200 points LESS culture points than the one i got in arendyl. take a nap, and arendyl would be covered up in nuts, 7 or 8, some 2 or 3 point nuts. on winyandor there MIGHT be 2, mostly one, almost never a 2 point one, and not a single 3 point one, that i remember. BARELY got the stub, and even after 200 dollars in nuts, didn't get the quest finished.
felt like i got penalized on winyandor because it was my second city, the 200 point difference in the stub hit the hardest, and i was pissed off, (almost never happens, me getting mad) but i digress and ramble....

yall put unit training in the next quest, i'll quit. done spent over a thousand dollars here in 2 months, benn bragging to my friends and showing them my cities, getting them interested, getting them to try the game....FREE ADVERTISING!!

and then i get treated like the proverbial red-headed step child, beat near to death with diamonds, and put to bed with no quest buildings, and reduced culture points...then add injury to insult by this crapping unit training thing

did i point out that i am a passifist. (sure don't sound like one do i?)

and i bet there will be a "winter" themed quest thing with neat snow covered building, all conveniently out of my reach because of ya'll's barbaric primitive - FIGHT world view.

so just keep on, and lose a 500 dollar a month customer. games are supposed to be fun, and this fight crap has got me stressed, because i LOVE the rest of the game, but i would have sooner give the 1000 bucks for something less frustrating.

so PLEASE don't put unit training in quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6219

I have four cities and have NEVER fought anything since starting 10 months ago. I do not enjoy the fighting part of the game and choose instead to cater/negotiate everything. I have no idea what your actual complaint is as your post seems to go from one thought to another without transition.
When it came to daily prizes in the last big event you chose to spend your nuts on the day that the Mage Multiplier was the daily reward; no one forced you to do that. If you did not want that item you could have spent the nuts before or after on an item that was more appealing/useful to you.
As for the Halloween event - I chose not to do it at all as I did not think the prizes were with the time/investment.
Most fellowships post lists of tasks for events before they start or at the very beginning as they get their information from the beta server or from various websites.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
"Train 300 troops" with a level 2 barracks, and 2 level 2 armories takes just a little over 1 day.
While I agree that there could be an alternative way to complete the quest for pacifist players, it's really not that hard unless you never built the barracks at all.
The game is balanced between having a military city and a factory based city. You can do 95%/5% but there will be some drawbacks.

WolfSinger

I prefer to negotiate all my provinces also - but I have maxed out my barracks as well as building and maxing 2 armories and the merc camp and the Training Grounds. I fight in the tournaments for the most part so I am balancing out the builder/fighter thing. Consider building up your barracks and armories - if nothing else for the event quests.

Thistleknot

With all the money you're spending, I don't see why you weren't able to buy 300 troops. I would have thought that you could have very quickly finished productions on any troops and blasted through that quest in no time. From my point of view, I trying to figure out why you felt you had to spend lots of many just to complete everything. Granted I have a well established city, but I didn't need any diamonds to complete the events. Also if you feel the need to get rid of money, I do accept donations. :p

DeletedUser11644

yes i COULD have spent enough to complete it. it ain't the money, it's the principle. i abhor violence, even theoretical violence. but.....

i apologize for my outburst and i apologize to whoever had to edit my post. just needed to unload a bit of frustration.

The Unbeliever

So what, you had to train troops you'll probably never use? That doesn't mean you suddenly can't complete the event quest line itself, just that eventually you'll end up gaining a very large number of troops who will thus spend more time quaffing copious amounts of ale vs. actually hitting squishy things. :p

Not sure what the issue here is, especially considering that eventually, you will hit a point in the game where you have to invest in at least 1 max-level Armoury (ie: a military themed building) anyways to produce Orcs.
(no, "not da propa boyz fer fightin', but dem weedy runtz fer buildin' & lootin' provincez!")

Ahem, sorry, I can't help going full orky when there's mention of orks!;)

DeletedUser2768

"Train 300 troops" with a level 2 barracks, and 2 level 2 armories takes just a little over 1 day.
While I agree that there could be an alternative way to complete the quest for pacifist players, it's really not that hard unless you never built the barracks at all.
The game is balanced between having a military city and a factory based city. You can do 95%/5% but there will be some drawbacks.

Building the barracks is a requirement for all new cities. I think it started right before they rolled our Sinya Arda.

DeletedUser11644

ok, they did it again. no more questing for me. "train ?? units" and not even a decline button. that's it for me Admins. NO more diamond (or anything else) purchases for me. ya'll just lost funding from one of your biggest donors, over 1000 dollars spent, or at least close to it. i will play for free from now on, and yall just lost about 400 dollars a month. i was going to the bank this morning to deposit about 300 dollars- $199 for diamonds, $50 in keys each for 2 cities. saw the flipping train ?? units before i could even get out the door, not that it would have made any difference, i would have seen it when i got back, i like to savor the anticipation for a day or so before i actually hit the purchase button

all for the lack of a single decline button...

SassKatt

Nobody is making you spend money. If you do not like what the game requests of EVERYONE, not just YOU, go find another game.

[EDITED BY XELENIA]

DeletedUser12423

so PLEASE don't put unit training in quests.

Hello taters, nice to meet a dedicated player. I'm sorry you are upset, it sounds like you love this game as much as I do. Take a breath, my friend. It's the holidays. This event does have a unit quest in it. I know, there are a small group of people that negotiate rather then fight, maybe about 15% of our players. Ut these players still have a barracks, they just dont waste space on armories or supplies making soldiers.

You sound like an old friend on mine, really. It'll be alright, just pick a spot out in your city and drop the barracks on it soley for quests. No armories. No fighting.

[EDITED BY XELENIA]

ok, they did it again. no more questing for me. "train ?? units" and not even a decline button

Thats a good idea. Im putting that in suggestions.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Due to already being in here once to moderate this thread, I will keep it close.

We understand your frustration of the game. Unfortunately, a barrack is a necessary part of this game and the features of it will remain so. If you have a suggestion on how to better improve upon event quests, please post here in the Ideas and Suggestions subsection of the forum with a laid out description.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/ideas-and-suggestions.14/

~Xelenia

Status
Not open for further replies.