• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

qaccy

I've been playing in a way that I considered to be fair for the past 4+ years that the game's been going, but I think I've been misled. It seems like having multiple accounts all feeding KP to one is actually allowed, so what the heck have I been doing all this time? I'm just thinking about all the KP I've been missing out on, thinking that I would've been banned or something if I'd attempted it...since that's apparently not the case, might as well start taking advantage of it.

There's obviously some frustration here, but I'm serious. If the rules aren't enforced, why should anyone follow them? What does Inno actually ban players for in Elvenar? Do they even ban players at all? I suppose we'll never know for sure, but considering you don't have to look far to see what's supposedly cheating, I'm guessing they don't.

shimmerfly

It seems like having multiple accounts all feeding KP to one is actually allowed, so what the heck have I been doing all this time? I'm just thinking about all the KP I've been missing out on, thinking that I would've been banned or something
But hwat would you really be gaining? Fun? I don't think so. Recognition? probably not. You'd just feel crappy about yourself for cheating. Too much of it is going on now. Please don't join them.

Risen Malchiah

Actually we've both been misled. I've got more than 1 account on the same server but I've always been extremely fair not to give KP or trades to myself unevenly and all cities are now in different fellowships and each do the tournaments fully.

Apparently, the smarter thing to do is have cities on different servers all just big enough to grab a ton of wishing wells to feed diamonds to your main city. And here I am doing it the hard way trying to squeeze in a few little Wishing Wells between FAs and guest race chapters.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Apparently, the smarter thing to do is have cities on different servers all just big enough to grab a ton of wishing wells to feed diamonds to your main city. And here I am doing it the hard way trying to squeeze in a few little Wishing Wells between FAs and guest race chapters.

I can just imagine the following conversation:

Person A: Look so many cities are having diamonds funneled to them using wishing wells in small cities in other worlds.
Person B: Aha! That can be fixed easily.
Person A: You mean by limiting the amount of wishing wells given out?
Person B: No way, we just have to encourage players to build more wishing wells in their main city.
Person A: And how are you going to do this?
Person B: With our new produce diamonds quest. The players will love it.
Person A: And what about the players that do not have a wishing well? Will they be unable to progress until getting one?
Person B: That is what the spire is for. A splendid source of diamonds with no buildings required. The players can even spend the diamonds that they earn on the spire to get even more diamonds.
Person A: How does this fix anything?
Person B: It introduces our new great feature which will make the game more attractive.
Person A: I thought we were trying to fix an exploit issue.
Person B: That is just the excuse we will use so that the players will not complain too much when they see our amazing new feature.

Vergazi

I can just imagine the following conversation:

Person A: Look so many cities are having diamonds funneled to them using wishing wells in small cities in other worlds.
Person B: Aha! That can be fixed easily.
Person A: You mean by limiting the amount of wishing wells given out?
Person B: No way, we just have to encourage players to build more wishing wells in their main city.
Person A: And how are you going to do this?
Person B: With our new produce diamonds quest. The players will love it.
Person A: And what about the players that do not have a wishing well? Will they be unable to progress until getting one?
Person B: That is what the spire is for. A splendid source of diamonds with no buildings required. The players can even spend the diamonds that they earn on the spire to get even more diamonds.
Person A: How does this fix anything?
Person B: It introduces our new great feature which will make the game more attractive.
Person A: I thought we were trying to fix an exploit issue.
Person B: That is just the excuse we will use so that the players will not complain too much when they see our amazing new feature.
The horror...

DeletedUser2959

I say if you want the sheer annoyance of running multiple cities to feed your main city KP then whatever, man. I can't imagine doing that to myself. Even if you do, it doesn't matter. It literally hurts nobody. With the advent of culture/pop sets that produce goods ranking means jack nothing anymore. So please, for what it's worth, be my guest. Make 500 little throwaway cities and spend 20 hours a day clicking them. It just doesn't matter.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Even if you do, it doesn't matter. It literally hurts nobody.
Actually that is not true, they provide a definite advantage in tournaments and there is lots of competition for ranking points. Never do tournies and your statement is mostly true but again FA could also be seen as having a slight advantage due to more possible space. Avoid those 2 areas and everything you do in game is pretty much all to yourself.

I was chatting to a very heavy diamond spender and they were annoyed by this and losing rank from someone pushing. If they ever got annoyed enough and quit that would hurt.

@qaccy I have heard of someone getting in trouble for this and they weren't even feeding KP to their main town. It was just a second town that got tech locked and they were spreading KP about to fellowship members. The approach seems to vary from one community to another (EN v US v Beta v other language, etc). But I have also seen some blatant exploits as well.

DeletedUser19458

I find it funny that competing for ranking and having a 'good' productive city are almost mutually exclusive. You can sell off all (or at least most) of your manu's, even all your houses, and still have a city that is doing well. But bombs in rankings.

I couldn't care less if somebody wants to play click-fest all day.

Alistaire

I find it funny that competing for ranking and having a 'good' productive city are almost mutually exclusive. You can sell off all (or at least most) of your manu's, even all your houses, and still have a city that is doing well. But bombs in rankings.

I couldn't care less if somebody wants to play click-fest all day.
Yeah basically ranking is becoming increasingly worthless and inaccurate. Only a matter of time till nobody cares about it unless they give ranking points to event items. (not that there's anything wrong with that, ranking is essentially useless anyway)

qaccy

It's not really the ranking points I'm worried about, otherwise I would've probably loaded up my city with magic buildings long ago and I wouldn't have every AW built. It's just knowing that there are people out there cheating and getting away with it that makes me wonder why I'm not doing it myself. I'd have a lot more than the 233 AW levels I've worked for all these years, just like these people already do. It's a sad state of affairs when I can't even feel proud of what I've accomplished (for whatever an accomplishment in Elvenar is worth) because the alt armies are starting later and finishing faster than me and ultimately ending up better off because AWs have such significant benefits.

DeletedUser19458

It's not really the ranking points I'm worried about, otherwise I would've probably loaded up my city with magic buildings long ago and I wouldn't have every AW built. It's just knowing that there are people out there cheating and getting away with it that makes me wonder why I'm not doing it myself. I'd have a lot more than the 233 AW levels I've worked for all these years, just like these people already do. It's a sad state of affairs when I can't even feel proud of what I've accomplished (for whatever an accomplishment in Elvenar is worth) because the alt armies are starting later and finishing faster than me and ultimately ending up better off because AWs have such significant benefits.

I should clarify, I don't care if people want to play click-fest, but I DO worry that diamond players feel disadvantaged by it and may stop playing. I don't buy diamonds (just a few initial purchases), but obviously somebody has to or we don't have a game ...

DeletedUser20951

but I DO worry that diamond players feel disadvantaged by it and may stop playing
If I was a player that bought diamonds regularly, and in large quantities, in order to compete at the top, I would be utterly ENRAGED by the practice, not simply annoyed at seeing cheaters prosper, and I suspect it does greatly deter ethical competitive players from purchasing diamonds. Such a strange rule to not enforce, as I don't see how it benefits the player base or Inno, unless they are raking in a ton of dough from those who do violate policy and are worried about losing that revenue.

Deleted User - 3932582

unless they are raking in a ton of dough from those who do violate policy and are worried about losing that revenue.
This is quite likely (and was discussed before). Pushing is primarily farming KPs for AW upgrades, and you can't upgrade AWs a lot without runes that you can't farm effectively. So it is entirely possible that serious pushers drop diamonds to go through rune gates.

DeletedUser20951

So it is entirely possible that serious pushers drop diamonds to go through rune gates.
Uh, yeah, which is why I mentioned it. Now, whether it brings in more than what would be provided by non-cheater competition if the rule against pushing is ever enforced can't be known unless it's enforced. Of course, I've of the mind that if you cheat in one way, you're more likely to be willing to cheat in another and I wonder how many do actually spend money, and not simply diamonds gathered from synergistic Wishing Well farms. Only those with access to global Elvenar statistics may know that, though, and given the lack of cracking down on the practice, there's little doubt what the higher ups believe, but none of that changes the fact Inno doesn't bother to keep their word regarding their own game rules.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I know I've said this before :rolleyes: Playing for ranking is almost an entirely different game than a lot of people on the forum play. Contrary to what I'm reading above, I'm pretty darn sure that almost all top ranked cities have push accounts and even push fellowships. I also know that at least most of them are pretty big spenders. If the push account rule were to be enforced now, after literally years of ignoring it, Inno would lose a very large number of players who spend the most $$. I just did a quick Google and found that "Whales" typically make up to 70% of in-app purchases and 59% of total revenue. I'm guessing that is a pretty good estimate? On top of that, if all of those players and their push accounts were to go inactive then Inno's active players stats would plummet. I think it is safe to say that if they suddenly decided to block these players accounts then it wouldn't be long before Elvenar would no longer exist. It is just too late to close the barn door after the horses have already gotten out!

DeletedUser20951

Let's not do anything! THIS IS THE ANSWER. Yes, yes it is. I've rested my case.

DeletedUser20951

I would reply directly, but I get reported that way, so I'm trying to figure which are protected (by the mods) and which are not. SCIENCE. Coming down, uneven-handed, in the most erogenous cases.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I would reply directly, but I get reported that way, so I'm trying to figure which are protected (by the mods) and which are not. SCIENCE. Coming down, uneven-handed, in the most erogenous cases.

Assuming you are referring to me :rolleyes: FYI, I have never reported anybody unless they became directly insulting toward me or others. Has it occurred to you that the mods also have minds of their own? Or that I might not be the only one who may have taken exception to some things posted?