• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I'm a Slow Poke - Sorc and Dragons Questions

Lemon Wren

I'm finally ready to leave Wood Elves in my main city, but before I start Sorcerers and Dragons - is there anything I should stockpile before I start? Can I speed run through it with the copious use of Profit Portals? Any suggestions to make it a smooth chapter?

I've looked online for some guides, but everything I've found is a bit old so I wasn't certain if the guides were still as accurate as they could be.

It's a human city. (Minmax's guide is aimed at Elven cities.)

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
@Lemon Wren , I went through S&D entirely on PPs. It’s a really good chapter for that! I built one of each building, checked the upgrade numbers on the Wiki, and produced exactly as much of each of the resources as I needed to get the Portal upgraded to level 4 (I actually timered through all the Necromancy productions too, because I really didn’t like that building…had it in my city for less than two hours, I think ;)), then tore down the production buildings, upgraded the Portal, and Profited my way through. Fast and easy.

I did have a lot of mana going into the chapter so I never had to wait, but I imagine that could be a sticking point depending on your daily production.

Lemon Wren

@Lemon Wren , I went through S&D entirely on PPs. It’s a really good chapter for that! I built one of each building, checked the upgrade numbers on the Wiki, and produced exactly as much of each of the resources as I needed to get the Portal upgraded to level 4 (I actually timered through all the Necromancy productions too, because I really didn’t like that building…had it in my city for less than two hours, I think ;)), then tore down the production buildings, upgraded the Portal, and Profited my way through. Fast and easy.

I did have a lot of mana going into the chapter so I never had to wait, but I imagine that could be a sticking point depending on your daily production.
Thank you so much, this is really great to know. I actually have two cities primed to go into S+D. One is newer so I'll def hold back until I can build up the mana, but the other has been parked at the end of Wood Elves for well over a year and has about 400,000 mana* in the bank so hopefully that's good enough to power through.

*Lol. I see it takes almost 3 mil in mana to complete this chapter.

Thank you again for the helpful advice!

Last edited: