• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Images and Icons

RichWood

It would be nice to have a way to see what an Image or Icon means. There are Icons under the Culture box i have no idea what they refer to.
I found the below Image that only by the icon name I know it is dealing with a Resistance. On the Building when you select them tell you What they are, but Culture and Spells you can not. You either have go to a different website or ask on the forum. It would nice to Select the Icon to tell you what it is.

Attachments

• 150px-03_elves_residential_01_cropped.png
    150px-03_elves_residential_01_cropped.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 42

Zoof

You might want to play the game through the browser rather than the app, then. The icons are largely the same, and when you hover over the items with your mouse cursor you'll a tooltip explaining what it is you're hovering over. Usually. Sometimes it's wrong but when you hover over something else then hover back on the thing you want, it'll be correct. Just about everything in the game has a tooltip.

Example 1: Chapter 9 (Woodelves) Magic Residence
1658099046997.png

Example 2: Buildings icon in the toolbar
1658099105460.png

Example 3: Rankings icon in the HUD
1658099159188.png

Eventually (whether or not you actually learn the names of the icons), you'll get good enough that you simply know what each of these things in the interface do by position alone. And as you ascend in the chapters, you'll be staring at the same set of buildings for so long that you'll just know what they're for. Also by position. If you're in the habit of arranging your city in blocks and sectors.

Example A: My main city on Sinya Arda
ELVENAR_SinyaArda1.jpg

1. Residences
2. Steel Manufactories
3. Festival Merchants (Makes me some delicious mana)
4. Manta... something. idk. also makes me mana.
5. Crystal manufactories
6. Elixir manufactories
7. My big workshops
8. Guest race settlement that I'm busy trying to evict
9. Military

RichWood

You might want to play the game through the browser rather than the app, then. The icons are largely the same, and when you hover over the items with your mouse cursor you'll a tooltip explaining what it is you're hovering over. Usually. Sometimes it's wrong but when you hover over something else then hover back on the thing you want, it'll be correct. Just about everything in the game has a tooltip.

Example 1: Chapter 9 (Woodelves) Magic Residence
View attachment 13113

Example 2: Buildings icon in the toolbar
View attachment 13114

Example 3: Rankings icon in the HUD
View attachment 13115

Eventually (whether or not you actually learn the names of the icons), you'll get good enough that you simply know what each of these things in the interface do by position alone. And as you ascend in the chapters, you'll be staring at the same set of buildings for so long that you'll just know what they're for. Also by position. If you're in the habit of arranging your city in blocks and sectors.

Example A: My main city on Sinya Arda
View attachment 13116

1. Residences
2. Steel Manufactories
3. Festival Merchants (Makes me some delicious mana)
4. Manta... something. idk. also makes me mana.
5. Crystal manufactories
6. Elixir manufactories
7. My big workshops
8. Guest race settlement that I'm busy trying to evict
9. Military
Thank you zoof, I'm playing on a Tablet...