• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Imbalance of S goods in Sinya Arda

Debstein

I play in Arendyll, SA, and Ceravyn - Elvenar chapter in each realm, but the incredible lack of and imbalance of Sentient goods available in Sinya Arda is so frustrating one can not make any progress at all. On any day, there are 27 pages of crazy lopsided 3 star trades for shrooms because there are none to be had in this realm. For a week, I've been trying to get enough shrooms to upgrade my Timewarp, but because I'm not going to offer 40% more in trade, I guess I will wait forever. End of rant.
Deb in N TX

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I play in Arendyll, SA, and Ceravyn - Elvenar chapter in each realm, but the incredible lack of and imbalance of Sentient goods available in Sinya Arda is so frustrating one can not make any progress at all. On any day, there are 27 pages of crazy lopsided 3 star trades for shrooms because there are none to be had in this realm. For a week, I've been trying to get enough shrooms to upgrade my Timewarp, but because I'm not going to offer 40% more in trade, I guess I will wait forever. End of rant.
Deb in N TX
Would offering 40 percent more get you past the need sooner, so you could put it behind you and move on? I'm not there yet so I'm not giving any advice, but I'm just curious if that might be the more pragmatic approach. Whether yes or no, I do wish you luck (and me, in future ... I'm on SA.)

DeletedUser14866

I am just getting ready to enter the last chapter, and will be boosting shrooms, on SA. It's going to be a while before I'm producing, but help is on its way.

KarlD

I am just getting ready to enter the last chapter, and will be boosting shrooms, on SA. It's going to be a while before I'm producing, but help is on its way.
If you are in Sinya Arda and are boosted in Shrooms you will have a GREAT time in Chapter 15. Whereas those boosted in Soap must typically offer 25% to over 75% premium to get Shrooms, Shrooms producers enjoy receiving that premium. If you assume a 40% premium on average that means a Shroom producer progresses about twice as fast relative to a Soap producer. Because the ratios for getting Bismuth are different that's not entirely true, but it's a definite fact that Shrooms boosted players will progress substantially faster as far as acquiring T6 goods is concerned.

I actually built four Soap factories and ran them constantly with MM spells to pay the required premiums and accumulate the T6 goods needed to get through chapter 15, but not everyone will be able to do that.

KarlD

Deb in N TX
Frankly, I am grateful for those like you who show some patience and restraint. If you choose to jump into the market you will make things worse because the more people chasing after the limited number of Shrooms, the higher the price goes. That's the law of supply and demand at work. I was not so patient and built four Soap factories and used MM spells constantly. Now that I am finished with Chapter 15 I don't have the same needs for T6 goods as before and it doesn't much matter to me, but while I was trying to accumulate the massive amounts of T6 goods to get through the techs it was very frustrating and the fewer people bidding up the price the better. Hopefully over time more Shroom producers will start producing and more Soap producers will finish the chapter and need fewer Shrooms. We'll see if the terrible imbalance remains indefinitely.

nightrider1

some players are taking advantage of this situation to use their profits to corner the market i've been watching several people who are just abusing the other players

T6583

K world has a similar issue in my opinion. Soap is hard to come by there. I can have 60 plus pages of trades and most are asking for soap or platinum. I typically post trades offering between 2-10% more than what I’m asking for. They usually get picked up within a few hours.

KarlD

K world has a similar issue in my opinion. Soap is hard to come by there. I can have 60 plus pages of trades and most are asking for soap or platinum. I typically post trades offering between 2-10% more than what I’m asking for. They usually get picked up within a few hours.
If you can get trades taken by offering 2-10% I wouldn't even call that an imbalance. Many people offer 10% bonus on trades just as a matter or course. If you want to see a real imbalance come to Sinya Arda where I've seen folks offering over a 75% bonus and the trades under that were like 75% and 70% and 60% and 50%. It is very rare to get your 10% trade taken if you are offering Soap for Shrooms unless you have a fs member who wants to help. Things have improved and now the top bids are 25%, but that is still quite a bit when you are fighting decay trying to accumulate 300K+ T6 goods for techs. And you may offer 25% and have your trade sit for a good while because the bid went up to 40%. It's very frustrating.

T6583

@KarlD I will fully agree that that is absolutely terrible in Sinya Arda. And while not as bad on the K world there was a time when you could post equal trades and have them taken quickly. Now for certain goods the it seems the only way for them to be taken is to post more than what you want. That inturn can then cause creep that could possibly result in what you’re experiencing. Especially when it only applies to 1 or 2 goods. I’ve already seen a few players offering soap and requesting shrooms or gum in amounts 2-3 times higher then their offer. Same with platinum. I’m agreeing with your point that it does seem like there is an imbalance of certain goods and that it might be universal. It’s one thing for certain goods to be in demand at certain times but it’s another thing when the same goods are consistently in high demand and you’re basically seeing 50, 60, or more pages of trades all asking for the same good. I’m not sure if that is because people play at different speeds and while the basic goods might be balanced due to how people move through the chapters it’s created the imbalance over time and it will eventually right itself as more players need sentient goods or if it is poor planning / coding on Inno’s behalf at this point.

Deleted User - 1599294

I am in SA also, and the trade for Shrooms is indeed crazy with a few players forcing the bonus percentage up or placing no star or abusive cross tier trades for those that are impatient enough to take them. I am boosted in Bismuth and trying to get that last bit of Shrooms to finish the last research tech that requires Shrooms. I will offer +30% but try to have patience. Once this research is completed, I will have a lot more patience. . .