• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

IMPOSSIBLE Events

Emily198097

I play in all 8 live worlds. I fed my ashen phoenix, logged in about every 3 hours (in some of my worlds) to collect the scrolls that were dropped (even in the middle of the night) completed ALL the quests and have fallen short of the final building in the set in ALL worlds. Here were my scores in all worlds starting with the one I play the most to least:
World Score Phoenix boost
Win 232 1.7
Ely 237 1.5
Aren 224 1.7
Fel 240 1.7
Kel 230 1.5
Sin 230 1.5
Cer 257 1.4
Har 233 1.5

It is pretty unfair to commit a month of time to an event and not even come CLOSE to finishing the collection or fully evolving it.

Also, on another note, we are WAY overdue for an FA and I know there is one coming next after buried ruins in beta but it has been far to long!

AtaguS

Yes, it is frustrating for sure.
If someone spent a bunch of diamonds and was still unable to win the top prize or complete the set due to how the event was designed- ya I agree that'd be unfair.
But I disagree it's unfair if playing for free.

I will just barely eek out the final set piece. I must have gotten luckier with winning extra scrolls and which "steps" I chose. I never had to spend more that 26 scrolls per step, and usually spent between 22 and 24. I'll be lucky if I can stay in the Silver League but, meh, that's ok.

I didn't spend any diamonds so it has cost me nothing to win something.

able99

I got the full set without spending any diamonds, but agree it should be possible for everyone if they do what you did.
I don't know if it would work every time, but my strategy was to always pick the step that was cheapest per step cost.
Examples, If cost for steps were (1) 24, (2) 50 (3) 76 then I choose 24. Is cost were 26, 60, 75 then choose 75 and last example 28 48 75 choose 48.
I got last piece with 2 days to spare. Always picked up scrolls and did get lucky a few times winning the extra scroll prize.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Also, on another note, we are WAY overdue for an FA and I know there is one coming next after buried ruins in beta but it has been far to long!

Forgive me for smiling, but how many of us have screamed that the FAs were too close together and they needed to be further apart? It's just refreshing to see the pendulim swing so far the other way, lol.

As far as the event went, I thought it was very good. I won the set with three days to spare without spending any diamonds. I did feed my ashen, but I didn't buy the stash building or spend anything. Able99 and I have different approaches but we made about the same progress. I only went for the 79 and 75 point prizes, because I wanted to work toward the set but I also didn't want to get sucky inspiration meditations or rune shards (although now that rune shards will be more valuable in the future ... I may start considering those in the next event.)

By consistently going 79 or 75 and only rarely being forced to take anything else, I won quite a lot of extra cash. Like Atagu$, I think I will squeak by keeping in Silver.

I'm not saying it was your approach. You may have done everything right and the RNG gods just weren't in a good mood on your world. But that's the luck of a randomized game, and I agree with Atagu$ when she says that it isn't unfair ... just a matter of "ya win some, ya lose some." I know some people are hoping that the last piece will be in the FA, but maybe it will come in the MA in the future. I have a feeling it will still come eventually to those who weren't lucky now. Patience may win out in the end.

YeFlatEarthe

It seems to me that there's an upper echelon of people that can get almost anything they want in the game for a few hundred dollars a year. I've done the math on premium expansions and it is obscene to think of someone buying their way to the end of the game, they price this out like the game is the most valuable experience in the history of MMO games. If you diamond your way through the tech tree and premium expansions we're talking 10's of thousands of dollars... Maybe I'm out of touch with what people are willing to spend on games... but I am in complete agreeance, if you complete every single task available and are moderately conservative in how to spend your points in the event you should be "guaranteed" one way or another the full 10 evolve or the full set building. Make the quests harder if you want, make more of the quests if you want, but it's completely infuriating when you put maximum effort in and get partial reward. I understand there's always a small percentage of people that say "I didn't spend diamonds and I got full evolve" but this is not the common experience.

Emily198097

I know people who are FLYING through chapters like there is no tomorrow. I don't see the rush. I am in dwarves and I plan on being here until events FORCE me to move on. I research, fight, scout etc per the events. If I stay in chapter 5 for 6 months to a year I don't care. I am NOT going to spend money. Plus, the diamonds are valued WAY too high IMHO so buying them would be throwing money away.
I have tried the "least cost per move" method in the game and it didn't get me any closer to finishing.
Ironically, in the buried city in beta I have the 10th evolution and am one "flag" off of the gold league...fingers crossed.

sambria

Chef
Personally I never finish any of the events. I always end up finishing not even half way through an event and I don't even have any buildings evolved past 6!! I wish there was a way to win an artefact in other events so you could finish evolving your buildings. But the way its going I'm going to have to wait until something magical comes along and gives me an artefact to evolve literally all my buildings won in events.

For example:
My Witch summoning Cycle is at stage 4 and chapter 2, and I have no more artefacts to evolve it. How would i get more to evolve it? Do i have to wait till another quest or event like it to earn the same artefact? This is in my Sinya Arda.

Its the same with some others too. I have had a look at others cities, and most of there buildings from quests or events are either fully evolved or a couple away from it. That is what I have been mulling over for the past couple of months. I'm just so confused.

AtaguS

Its the same with some others too. I have had a look at others cities, and most of there buildings from quests or events are either fully evolved or a couple away from it. That is what I have been mulling over for the past couple of months. I'm just so confused.
The fastest way to get a fully evolved building is to plan out your event in advance for maximum event resources which gets you as many artifacts as possible. A good plan with rotten luck can usually get you to 7 artifacts at least. Then the event is (was/usually was) followed by a FA where there were 2 more artifacts up for grabs in the final stages. This method is likely why you see more evolved buildings in cities around you.

If you missed the event at the time, or didn't get very far in it, you can still get an evolved building but you are right - it will take a bit of time. The Spire is your next bet, as they offer the chance to win various artifacts on a revolving basis. This makes for expensive artifacts.

Recently there has been a way to win old artifacts in a new event (but only for the associated event). They have introduced the option of choosing the artifact from the previous event (ex. the previous witch summoning evolve from last year or the new one). But again, that's a long wait.

A couple years ago there was simply no way of getting an artifact once an event was over, so these are improvements. I suspect Inno isn't finished finding ways to get them so don't give up!