• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Improve Fellowship Event Motivation

Myne

Oh Wise One
Ideally I would LOVE for FS members to contribute to a pool of badges that can be applied to a node by anyone in the FS as needed.

I do not think its right to be able to play the game while not being in the game. sorry.
Even if maybe that "pool" is only in use for the pit, since it moves so fast

I would go for this if at the point you finish the third map, all fellowship members excess badges go into the pool. It is a bonus round, though it can determine winners. Badges wouldn't go to waste that way.

I realize that those statements sound contradictory, but really they are not. You should have to be present for mandatory play. Bonuses are just that, bonuses.

defiantoneks

I would go for this if at the point you finish the third map, all fellowship members excess badges go into the pool. It is a bonus round, though it can determine winners. Badges wouldn't go to waste that way.

right. on actual map play there's plenty of time to come in and add badges. if your FS moves so fast that people dont allow a couple hours waiting for people in different time zones, then you're in the wrong FS. that's what team play is about, communication and giving people a chance to play, knowing who's been in and added, etc. it's the pit that turns to a cluster.

Emily198097

I hesitate to make Inno make it harder to complete event quests but at the same time I agree. I work hard to get my building fully evolved during events and then end up in silver league with an extra artifact and then my FS completes all 3 stages of the FA and I get 2 more artifacts that I CAN'T USE. Plus, the rewards for the top 20 teams suck. I HATE the ferris wheel. Let's do a genie as a prize or the new "sorceries" that have just come out in beta would be cool.

Myne: badges don't have any intrinsic value to the game but considering that Inno is now awarding "perk points" for excess tournament/spire points they may consider awarding extra FA points for all unplayed badges or something? That might be interesting in the rankings but probably not for the prizes.

DeletedUser29768

I hesitate to make Inno make it harder to complete event quests but at the same time I agree.
This whole discussion is actually about fellowship adventures; the title is a bit misleading. ;)
badges don't have any intrinsic value to the game
They certainly do during an FA. They can require a lot of time and resources to produce, and they are valuable for completing waypoints. If by "intrinsic" you mean not used for anything else, but valuable in and of itself... then practically nothing in Elvenar is intrinsically valuable, so it doesn't mean much. However, if you're trying to say that they're not valuable after an FA is finished, then yes, that is perfectly true.
they may consider awarding extra FA points for all unplayed badges or something? That might be interesting in the rankings but probably not for the prizes.
As long as the pit is a part of the FA, this idea would not really be viable. If it were implemented, it would almost certainly result in very few fellowships going into the pit at all. They would simply finish the three stages, then save hundreds of badges to get a large score boost at the end. I seriously doubt that Inno would even consider rewarding fellowships for not placing badges, since the whole point of the pit is to keep fellowships participating for as long as possible. There's a slim chance that they would do something like @Myne's suggestion and automatically place badges in the pit, but I can't see them doing anything beyond that.

Emily198097

This whole discussion is actually about fellowship adventures; the title is a bit misleading. ;)

They certainly do during an FA. They can require a lot of time and resources to produce, and they are valuable for completing waypoints. If by "intrinsic" you mean not used for anything else, but valuable in and of itself... then practically nothing in Elvenar is intrinsically valuable, so it doesn't mean much. However, if you're trying to say that they're not valuable after an FA is finished, then yes, that is perfectly true.

As long as the pit is a part of the FA, this idea would not really be viable. If it were implemented, it would almost certainly result in very few fellowships going into the pit at all. They would simply finish the three stages, then save hundreds of badges to get a large score boost at the end. I seriously doubt that Inno would even consider rewarding fellowships for not placing badges, since the whole point of the pit is to keep fellowships participating for as long as possible. There's a slim chance that they would do something like @Myne's suggestion and automatically place badges in the pit, but I can't see them doing anything beyond that.
BUT there is no COST to earning badges. You don't even have to plan on collecting 2 of the 2 day goods to get a statue. You get them regardless. So, my suggestion would be more along the lines of the new "perks" thing where you can bank extra points for badges that weren't spent.

Myne

Oh Wise One
BUT there is no COST to earning badges. You don't even have to plan on collecting 2 of the 2 day goods to get a statue. You get them regardless. So, my suggestion would be more along the lines of the new "perks" thing where you can bank extra points for badges that weren't spent.

I am confused. There is a cost..coins and supplies. Why create something and not plan to collect it? Contrary to popular belief, there are no fairies to collect it for you. I've got some things to say after this next tournament. Ideas we can bat around.

DeletedUser29768

BUT there is no COST to earning badges.
Oh, so that's what you meant. I agree that, if you only collect the badges that you get for doing your routine activities, there is no additional cost. However, any time you spend any extra time or use resources that you would not otherwise use, that is a cost. I don't think you can truly say that badges have no intrinsic value on the basis of cost. Anyway, it's not really a big deal; I'm just a die-hard caviler. :p
So, my suggestion would be more along the lines of the new "perks" thing where you can bank extra points for badges that weren't spent.
This would have all the same problems as rewarding ranking points for unused badges. If anything, more fellowships would be discouraged from doing the pit, since they would want to save badges to glean the extra XP. Unlike ranking points, XP produce a clear benefit, so they would be valuable even to fellowships that didn't care about ranking. Again, unless the devs were to completely remove the pit from fellowship adventures, this would not be a good solution.

DeletedUser29768

I am confused. There is a cost..coins and supplies. Why create something and not plan to collect it?
I think her point was that you don't have to do a production specifically for the FA in order to get a badge for it. The coins and supplies you spent were not really spent on a badge if you were planning to do the production anyway. However, if you do something that you would not normally do in order to get a badge, you are paying for the badge, and nothing else.

DeletedUser29768

I dont ordinarily make one and two day productions.
Precisely. You are paying for the badge by doing longer productions instead of your normal shorter ones (i.e., with all the goods you lose by doing less efficient productions).

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Claws

You are writing about space in cities needed for FA but with building teleportation it is only a goodwill of players to make that space, and FS active in spire have lots of these.
With good planning there is not many badges left.
Real cost for FA is time, if you are going for top places it is lots of time for picking badges, including turnament.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
This would have all the same problems as rewarding ranking points for unused badges. If anything, more fellowships would be discouraged from doing the pit, since they would want to save badges to glean the extra XP. Unlike ranking points, XP produce a clear benefit, so they would be valuable even to fellowships that didn't care about ranking. Again, unless the devs were to completely remove the pit from fellowship adventures, this would not be a good solution

You could turn it around and reward experience based on how many points you get in the FA, sort of like the milestone rewards I suggested earlier? I think that would encourage doing sll paths in the stages and pit?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Precisely. You are paying for the badge by doing longer productions instead of your normal shorter ones (i.e., with all the goods you lose by doing less efficient productions).

I don't do 1 and 2-day factory productions because I am in chapter 18 and none of my factories have 1 and 2-day productions. And the same is true for most anyone in chapter 12 and up, once their factories are leveled up to produce sentient goods instead.

Emily198097

Oh, so that's what you meant. I agree that, if you only collect the badges that you get for doing your routine activities, there is no additional cost. However, any time you spend any extra time or use resources that you would not otherwise use, that is a cost. I don't think you can truly say that badges have no intrinsic value on the basis of cost. Anyway, it's not really a big deal; I'm just a die-hard caviler. :p

This would have all the same problems as rewarding ranking points for unused badges. If anything, more fellowships would be discouraged from doing the pit, since they would want to save badges to glean the extra XP. Unlike ranking points, XP produce a clear benefit, so they would be valuable even to fellowships that didn't care about ranking. Again, unless the devs were to completely remove the pit from fellowship adventures, this would not be a good solution.
But if UNUSED badges earned, say 1pt each, and the pit was still worth 50 and it only takes 15 badges it would still behoove the players TO play in the pit.

Silver Claws

Rewards for FA are not great , but on the other hand most badges we pick "by the way" doing our normal things in game. Most FS are finishing only 1 path on each map, just to get rewards, no hard work to do, so you may say rewards are as good as amount of work needed to finish it. Saying that, for FS fighting for top places recent rewards are poor comparing to amount of work. Some special rewards for top 20 would be nice.
It is much more difficult for small FS but it is like that with every thing, the bigger you are,(FS or city) the wider range of possibilities you have.
I'm rather woried of IG ideas about changes in game:rolleyes: it is not often that their creations finishes as we wish.
But maybe we can think about changing certain amount (for egz 10) of unused badges for 1 we need....

BrinDarby

This whole discussion is actually about fellowship adventures; the title is a bit misleading.
Well, thats bummer... the forum's had that discussion many times, ( making them better )
I was hoping it was on motivation , or lack there-of ... and why..

DeletedUser29768

You could turn it around and reward experience based on how many points you get in the FA, sort of like the milestone rewards I suggested earlier? I think that would encourage doing sll paths in the stages and pit?
That sounds entirely reasonable. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they already are planning on rewarding XP for FA participation. It would make much more sense to give added incentive for placing badges, rather than rewarding not placing them.
I don't do 1 and 2-day factory productions because I am in chapter 18 and none of my factories have 1 and 2-day productions. And the same is true for most anyone in chapter 12 and up, once their factories are leveled up to produce sentient goods instead.
Yes, so of course that particular cost doesn't apply to players in higher chapters. I was simply applying the concept of badge "cost" to the particular example of one- and two-day productions that Emily brought up.
But if UNUSED badges earned, say 1pt each, and the pit was still worth 50 and it only takes 15 badges it would still behoove the players TO play in the pit.
True, if you balanced it with larger rewards for participating, it would be less problematic. However, I personally doubt that the devs would be inclined to give any reward for unplaced badges. You would still probably have fellowships grinding hundreds of easy badges (that they couldn't use) for the XP benefit at the end. If the rewards were made so small that it wouldn't be worthwhile to do this, then there would really be no reason to give those rewards at all. It wouldn't give any meaningful benefit for the badges that members had failed to place, which I believe was the purpose you were suggesting them for. No matter which way you go, I really don't see a good way to implement rewards for unplaced badges other than automatically placing them in the pit, as already suggested.

BrinDarby

No matter which way you go, I really don't see a good way to implement rewards for unplaced badges other than automatically placing them in the pit, as already suggested.
As suggested in another thread......

Weighted badge system for the Pit .....
Each 3 selctions in the pit are selectable once and amts are weighted
to facilitate any badge being selected...... for each of the 3, once a badge
is applied to that, its frozen on that badge till all 3 are filled and it resets.

With this system, I'm sure most FSs could get unused badges below 2%,
thus no need to account for that <2% unused badges.